Remove Advertisements

So who's in the beta?

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

So who's in the beta?

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:49 am

Post your server and character names here!

---

Sabindeus - Lost Isles (US)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Re: So who's in the beta?

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:53 am

Nikachelle - Mekkatorque EU

(Although currently in a holding pattern regarding downloading the beta - we're sitting very close to our bandwidth cap for the month (only 30 gigs or so left) and since the actual beta is 17 gigs and we're holding off downloading it on my comp because Invis is way more interested in tooling around on it so we're waiting to see if he gets the invite before the month rolls over and we get our new bandwidth allowance. If he doesn't get the invite, I'll be on within the week. My character has been copied over though.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:24 am

Sucks to be in Europe or Australia, most people I know from there have Caps on their internet plan..
Any place anywhere you could go just to download it and copy it on an external drive?

At what % it becomes "playable"?
djlar

Postby Sagara » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 am

Nikachelle wrote:Nikachelle - Mekkatorque EU

(Although currently in a holding pattern regarding downloading the beta - we're sitting very close to our bandwidth cap for the month (only 30 gigs or so left) and since the actual beta is 17 gigs and we're holding off downloading it on my comp because Invis is way more interested in tooling around on it so we're waiting to see if he gets the invite before the month rolls over and we get our new bandwidth allowance. If he doesn't get the invite, I'll be on within the week. My character has been copied over though.)

Utterly stupid thought, couldn't he copy your folder? Just share it through your internal network, or an ftp or something? I'm sure there's a good solution to download it once and copy it over.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:49 am

Sagara wrote:

Utterly stupid thought, couldn't he copy your folder? Just share it through your internal network, or an ftp or something? I'm sure there's a good solution to download it once and copy it over.

I've got a PC and he's got a mac. So nope!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:50 am

djlar wrote:Sucks to be in Europe or Australia, most people I know from there have Caps on their internet plan..
Any place anywhere you could go just to download it and copy it on an external drive?

At what % it becomes "playable"?

I'm in Canada and we have a 90 gig monthly cap. When you download ALL of your TV shows to watch you start to become hyper aware of your bandwidth cap.

Edit: It went "playable" at 3%, but I didn't have any servers listed when I tried two days ago.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby stormknight » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:27 am

I'm in for 2 days, was quite ok. I've played panda area + checked paladin stuffs (my main char copied to beta)

Its looking good but well its buggy obviously :)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
stormknight

Postby Treck » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:46 am

Nikachelle wrote:I'm in Canada and we have a 90 gig monthly cap. When you download ALL of your TV shows to watch you start to become hyper aware of your bandwidth cap.

My cap is 30gig a month, so about 1gig a day...
Treck

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:51 am

Treck wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I'm in Canada and we have a 90 gig monthly cap. When you download ALL of your TV shows to watch you start to become hyper aware of your bandwidth cap.

My cap is 30gig a month, so about 1gig a day...

And how much do you normally use in a month?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Just about 30gig a month. (once over the limit it gets reduced to 0.2mbps, unless i "buy" another 5gig for about 10euro)
Any less would be very annoying.
But I dont download anything from home anymore.
I use about 1gig a day from just browsing forums and watching youtube videos, that lands me around 800-1200MB a day, I dont really worry about it that much as 30gig is pretty fine tbh as long as you dont actively download anything.
I train with my brother each sunday, and after training we usually go to his place to eat, and I either ask him to download movies/series for me beforehand, or i just turn on the download at his place and go home when its done, prolly gonna download the MoP beta from him this sunday, even tho i havnt gotten an invite.
Treck

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:45 pm

And you just wasted some precious KBs double posting... see? LOL
djlar

Postby Treck » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Dont even know how that happened...
Anyway, since i dont download series or games directly, its easy to keep below the cap by just playing, wont even reach 200mb a day, all i have to watch out for are watching long clips on youtube, also a bit selective of what i watch now compared to before.
Treck

Postby rodos » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:04 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Sagara wrote:

I've got a PC and he's got a mac. So nope!

Everything in the "Data" folder is the same between the Windows and OS X version. If you start the installation, that will get you the launcher and game app itself. Copy the Data folder from the PC then re-run the launcher. It will check the files and should only need to download a tiny bit to patch everything up.
rodos

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 am

rodos wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I've got a PC and he's got a mac. So nope!

Everything in the "Data" folder is the same between the Windows and OS X version. If you start the installation, that will get you the launcher and game app itself. Copy the Data folder from the PC then re-run the launcher. It will check the files and should only need to download a tiny bit to patch everything up.

True enough
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Jheherrin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:56 am

Jehennum - Mekkatoreque EU - Enhance Shammy
Kasreyn - Mekkatorque EU - Blood Death Knight.

Just been tooling about with the Pandaren starter zone so far since the New Zones and Dungeons are not yet accessible.
The dungeons were accessible for a bit on thursday, but they locked them until the new zones are also opened.
Moonglade EU - Catalyst : Jheherrin,Glowlimn,Caamora
Aggramar EU - The Phoenix Reborn : Kasreyn,Gossamer
Jheherrin

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta