What can we solo on our level 85 paladins?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

What can we solo on our level 85 paladins?

Postby Didicow » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:52 am

As Cataclysm starts winding down and players are looking for different things to do I thought it might be fun to have a list of bosses that can be solo'd on your paladin - any spec is acceptable. The easy ones don't get any explanations, just the spec. For harder dungeons / bosses, I'll try to create separate posts and update this one with links.

So why try this?
1. Rare drops that you do not have to share with others.
2. Push our "skill" to see what a paladin can do
3. Gold - some of these lvl 70 bosses (TK / SSC) still drop 250g / kill)
4. Boredom

Level 70 Raids

Karazhan
This was mostly solo'able as protection spec at level 80
But here is why you would come back.
Attumen the Huntsman has a chance to drop rare mount drop you don't need to share Fiery Warhorse's Reins (http://www.wowhead.com/item=30480)

Tempest Keep - The Eye
A'lar - Retribution Spec (Seal of Truth)
Void Reaver - Protection Spec (Seal of Insight)
Solarian - Retribution Spec (Seal of Truth)
Kael'thas - Retribution Spec (Haven't yet been able to do this one myself, but that's because I'm just not THAT good)
Rare Mount Drop you don't need to share - Ashes of Al'ar (http://www.wowhead.com/item=32458)

Serpentshrine Cavern
Hydross the Unstable - Prot Spec
The Lurker Below - Prot Spec
Leotheras the Blind - Prot Spec
Fathom-Lord Karathress - (Haven't been able to do this boss solo)
Morogrim Tidewalker - Prot Spec
Lady Vashj - (Haven't been able to do this boss solo)

Level 80 Raids

How to solo Onyxia 10 man - Protection Spec
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32818
Rare Mount Drop you don't need to share - Reins of the Onyxian Drake (http://www.wowhead.com/item=49636)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... cow/simple
Last edited by Didicow on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Didicow

Re: What can we solo on our level 85 paladins?

Postby Rhagen » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:30 am

Personally ive done all of naxx exept Gluth, Thaddius.
most of ulduar excluding THorim, General, Yogg, Iron Council and Algalon.
Kael'thas is doable as Protection as well. Malygos, 3 bosses in VoA.
Stonecore and Vortex pinnacle normal modes of course.
Rhagen

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:30 am

Heroic - Ozruk in Stonecore as a Holy/Exodin Pally.

A couple of weeks ago, I was doing RDF and got Ozruk. The tank was pretty good but he got sloppy and died to the ground slam so I popped RF and ran in to tank it in Exodin spec. I was able to keep myself and 2 ranged dps alive until 1% when I mistakenly thought I had more time till groundslam and the ranged were killed due to my positioning error. Still, I tanked & healed from 70% till dead on HEROIC. I am confident that I could solo the fight itself, provided I could clear the trash before I got bored.

Thinking about it, I am actually tempted to try to solo the entire instance on Heroic, but that is not normally my thing so don't expect it soon.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Gab » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:57 am

Last night I got the wonderful idea of trying to solo Saph/KT 25 man to get the Last Laugh and Wall of Terror. Had trouble with Saph with 8% and 6% enrage wipes, finally got her down on the third go.

Put a few pulls in on KT... and yeah. Is it possible for a prot paladin to solo KT 25? Any tips would be great.

EDIT: I could consistantly make it to P2 but was left with 3-4 banshees each time. I would try to kite but any time AS/Rebuke were on CD KT would just bomb me with frost bolts as I moved away from the banshees waiting for AS to come back up. I was thinking of maybe glyphing Exorcism for the dot on the Banshees, but doubt that would help significantly.
Gab

Postby Knievel » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:45 am

Do I need to keep bugging people to accept an /invite and convert to raid to get into these low level raids? I can get into MC alone, but hate bugging all these other players to get in the raid instances.
Knievel

Postby lazy_dave » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:52 pm

Knievel wrote:Do I need to keep bugging people to accept an /invite and convert to raid to get into these low level raids? I can get into MC alone, but hate bugging all these other players to get in the raid instances.

i created a new trial account, levelled it to 10, and use that rather than bother someone when i wanna go solo into any raid.
lazy_dave

Postby econ21 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:17 am

lazy_dave wrote:
Knievel wrote:i created a new trial account, levelled it to 10, and use that rather than bother someone when i wanna go solo into any raid.

What an inspired idea, tx. I guess you need 2 computers/internet connections but that's not a probem for me. [Lots of my guildies have alts and solo raids, but I just feel awkward asking.]
econ21

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:27 am

You don't really need two computers. I run three accounts on one computer and just alt-tabbed between them.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby lazy_dave » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:44 am

econ21 wrote:I guess you need 2 computers/internet connections but that's not a probem for me.

only one computer needed - i run the trial account first in a low rez windowed wow, then i run my main account full screen/full rez. i invite my trial toon, convert it to a raid and then close the windowed trial wow. your tial toon shows as off-line but that doesn't matter. works perfectly ;)
lazy_dave

Postby Knievel » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:46 am

Actually I had a friend invite me, and then I disconnected and got on an alt that he invited. I converted to raid and he left, but I had 2 of my own toons on the same account in the raid. At that point I could "solo" into a raid instance, and even "solo" into BT and kill trash for Ashtongue rep, leave to reset, then re-enter without bothering anybody else.

I was just trying to see if there was an easier way. I wish Blizzard would remove the Raid-setting requirement to get in like they did with MC.
Knievel

Postby Ardrhyst » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Knievel wrote:Actually I had a friend invite me, and then I disconnected and got on an alt that he invited. I converted to raid and he left, but I had 2 of my own toons on the same account in the raid. At that point I could "solo" into a raid instance, and even "solo" into BT and kill trash for Ashtongue rep, leave to reset, then re-enter without bothering anybody else.

I was just trying to see if there was an easier way. I wish Blizzard would remove the Raid-setting requirement to get in like they did with MC.

They didn't "get rid of it" with MC. If you try and enter the portal in BRD, you still get prevented. The teleport just skips the check.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Ardrhyst wrote:
Knievel wrote:Actually I had a friend invite me, and then I disconnected and got on an alt that he invited. I converted to raid and he left, but I had 2 of my own toons on the same account in the raid. At that point I could "solo" into a raid instance, and even "solo" into BT and kill trash for Ashtongue rep, leave to reset, then re-enter without bothering anybody else.

They didn't "get rid of it" with MC. If you try and enter the portal in BRD, you still get prevented. The teleport just skips the check.

same thing with the teleport into BWL

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby rodos » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:48 pm

bldavis wrote:
Ardrhyst wrote:

same thing with the teleport into BWL

Now they just need to change it so you can get past the first boss solo.
rodos

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:19 pm

if they did i would be ECSTATIC!
cause then i would bother trying to farm T2 for my pally!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby econ21 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:18 pm

rodos wrote:Now they just need to change it so you can get past the first boss solo.

Someone on this forum told me that you can solo it if you have a warrior tank (blood craze talent being the trick here) or, I think it was, druid. I even created a free account so I could play a shuffle with creating my own raid (freebie level 10 invites warrior tank to group, forms raid, warrior tank kills boss, then invites my pala main to farm the rest), but I haven't had the time or motivation to attempt it.
econ21

Next

Return to General Strats