[Shadow Priest] Guide/Rotation

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Shadow Priest] Guide/Rotation

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:43 pm

Question of the day: I have enough haste so that if I move away from Goblin I don't lose any extra tick.

I'm considering going Troll... anyone who plays troll can talk about the effectiveness of Berserking for a caster class?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:01 am

Anyone has some tricks to share for a dotter for Madness hc? My performance is very inconsistent, I range from top 5 to bottom 5 in damage done and I can't figure out the correct way to deal with it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:32 am

The problem with madness is that spellweave makes the fight ridiculously gimmicky to judge DPS on. For example, imagine you're tanking the regenerative bloods near the corruption before the parasite spawns. Spellweave procs from the bloods hit the corruption, aiding dps on it. Does that mean everyone should just aoe the bloods and hope their spellweave procs kill the corruption? Obviously not, as the proc rate on spellweave is not high enough to outweigh most classes' single target dps, and if everyone did that the bloods would be dead before they were most useful (ie increasing dps on the parasite). However a properly played arms warrior or warlock or dk would spend the single gcd they need to tclap rend onto all the mobs/shadowflame them all/pestilence them all, as spending that one gcd to generate many chances for spellweave procs leads to them doing more effective dps where it's needed. However, it also massively pads their dps numbers.

A shadowpriest could just spam sear into all the bloods and make pretty numbers too, but most of that dps would be completely useless.

Basically, check your damage on the limbs, the corruptions, the parasites, the bolts, the blistering tentacles and the congealing bloods. If those are low then you have a problem (your limb dps should be really high, as should all the multi-dotters), but if you're just looking at overall, and especially regenerative blood dps, then that can be very misleading and encourage bad habits.
Rhiannon

Postby Worldie » Thu May 24, 2012 2:07 pm

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z ... 581&e=3829

Anyone good enough to analyze my log and tell me what I can improve? I've been going on a week of "study and improvement" since I was apparently doing 5k dps less than I was supposed to do. I've almost recovered all that DPS missing (Just say I've never made it past 38k in main raid before this week) but I'd like a critical analyze while my officer is AFK for exams.

Worldie
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes