Remove Advertisements

Beta Invites

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Beta Invites

Postby Kelaan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:11 am

Played since vanilla, AP member, no invite yet. :( It might be based partly FCFS based on when you signed up for Annual pass, though -- I was somewhat late.
Kelaan

Postby Sagara » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:17 am

Yay! No Beta Club membership!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Archeth » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:57 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I decided to sign up for the annual pass to get into beta, but when I try to do that it takes me to what appears to just be the page for subscribing my US account... (Asking me to pick a subscription method, 1/3/6 months.)

Edit: I've even been to the EU Blizzard homepage and found a link that was definately to the european signup page. As soon as I go anywhere near account management for the thing, it automatically changes to us.battle.net, and puts my US account name and r=US into the URL.

Do you never get the "pick an account" page? I do, and all my EU ones are greyed out. I assume that's because I used to have parental controls on due to RealID, but so far I didn't have the patience to sit through their telephone support queue and never got a reply to the e-mail I sent to give written consent for my account to sign up to the annual pass. Ah well.

Either way, try to call them and ask what's up. And hope you're not getting "sorry your battle.net account is American, can't get EU annual pass trollolol" as a reply.
Archeth

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Nah, any link to sign up just takes me to the US stuff, no "pick an account". I do have parental controls on, though, and that may be it. They're impossible to turn off unless you go phone up and get them to do it.

...Arg. There was an email you had to reply to to give permission for Annual Pass if you had parental controls on. Think it'll work replying 4 months late?

(I've already got a support ticket in, maybe something will come of that when they check out my account.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:17 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Nah, any link to sign up just takes me to the US stuff, no "pick an account". I do have parental controls on, though, and that may be it. They're impossible to turn off unless you go phone up and get them to do it.

...Arg. There was an email you had to reply to to give permission for Annual Pass if you had parental controls on. Think it'll work replying 4 months late?

(I've already got a support ticket in, maybe something will come of that when they check out my account.)

They physically removed my yearly pass when I had parental controls on. I had to ask them to remove it (had to provided photo ID via their web form) Hang on, let me go find my old thread on this...

Edit: Here, this may help: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32364&p=700235&hilit=+parental#p700235
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Vanilla player (continunous sub) here, signed up for AP after 2-3 days and not in the first wave*. I suspect that the very first round of invitations might have been biased towards hand-picked members - leaders and other members or prominent guilds, mods of certain fan forums, prolific bug reporters from previous betas, etc.

Note also that there have been a number of people chosen already who did not sign up for the annual pass at all.

* Not too worried about it - I don't actually have enough quota left to download the client until next month, after grabbing the D3 pre-download and the SWTOR client to play the 7-day trial they sent me.
rodos

Postby lythac » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:38 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Edit: I've even been to the EU Blizzard homepage and found a link that was definately to the european signup page. As soon as I go anywhere near account management for the thing, it automatically changes to us.battle.net, and puts my US account name and r=US into the URL.

Something similar happens to me sometimes when I try and log into account management for my US account. Normally it sorts itself out if I log in with my US details on the EU page, then switch over to the US battlenet.

Try a crappy old browser/from your phone and see if the same redirect happens.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:28 am

I may have screwed myself over when I cancelled for about 2 weeks late in BC.. sigh...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Treck » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:44 am

Wont have anything to do with it.
A friend got an invite after having the account cancelled for about a month mid wrath.
Treck

Postby gtechman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Played WoW since Day 1 but didn't sign up for AP immediately.

Got my Beta invite first day though.
gtechman

Postby Phonic » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:56 pm

I signed up at Blizzcon Day 1. I've been active since 2006. No Invite :(
Phonic

Postby Treck » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Even if you did play wow from the very first day, never unsubbed and opted in on the annual pass day 1, you are still not guaranteed to get the invite, so i dont get why everyone is like "but ive played it for x years but didnt get one ;("
If you didnt get one you didnt get one, blizzard said they are taking into account if you have played long or not, meaning that maybe theres a small chance you get it if you have been playing since vanilla, none really knows exactly how people are chosen and i dont think they really wanna elaborate either.
Treck

Postby mavfin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:03 am

Treck wrote:Even if you did play wow from the very first day, never unsubbed and opted in on the annual pass day 1, you are still not guaranteed to get the invite, so i dont get why everyone is like "but ive played it for x years but didnt get one ;("
If you didnt get one you didnt get one, blizzard said they are taking into account if you have played long or not, meaning that maybe theres a small chance you get it if you have been playing since vanilla, none really knows exactly how people are chosen and i dont think they really wanna elaborate either.

Yeah, the only thing for sure is that you will get in at some point, and they say they're trying to do it as quickly as they can, of course without blowing up the server.

I subbed on 1/28/2005, but I've taken breaks here and there. <shrug> It'll show up when it shows up.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Treck wrote:Even if you did play wow from the very first day, never unsubbed and opted in on the annual pass day 1, you are still not guaranteed to get the invite, so i dont get why everyone is like "but ive played it for x years but didnt get one ;("

Everyone likes to share their story. :)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:32 am

I guess Im just getting a bit tired of people coming up with conspiracy theorys against them cuz for some reason blizzard have always hated them and they personally make sure you never get into any beta.
Treck

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta