Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Anyone had a play yet?

I've spent the last 30 min or so looking at my glyphs and talents and the new ability costs, and after using a training dummy for a while, it feels very odd to me.

The 4.5 second CD on Crusader Strike, it sort of reminds me of ret in that you're pushing whatever's coming off CD. Feels kind of spammy to me. Could just be early beta of course, but thought I'd ask if others are having a similar feel.

One thing I noticed that was interesting was the Shield of the Righteous buff that adds 25% block seems to be add to the buff rather than just refresh at the moment. Not sure if that's intended or not.

When you use it, you get a 6 second +25% to block damage, if you 3 HP it again before the 6 seconds are up rather than going back to 6 seconds, it's sometimes 7 or more adding the two durations together, highest I've gotten it was 11 seconds so far.
Last edited by Lumenactio on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumenactio

Re: Beta tanking?

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Sanctity of Battle... for protection? I thought perhaps it was just bugged and giving it due to offspec ret.

But it specifies Hammer of the Righteous on it now.

Haste lowers the Cooldown and GCD of Judgement, Crusader Strike, HoW, and Hammer of the Righteous.

Equipping 264 haste, equated to 2.06% haste at 85. It lowered the Cooldowns of those abilities by exactly that. Judgement goes from 6 seconds to 5.88 and Crusader to 4.41.

Do you think that we'll see gear with some haste on it for tanks to speed up our cooldowns? Would allow us to roll faster Shields of the Righteous which in turn would let us keep our 25% buff up more often.

I guess it may depend on how much haste per percent at 90.
Lumenactio

Re: Beta tanking?

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Well HotR is a Ret spell now too. But you're saying you had Sanctity in Prot spec?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Re: Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:19 pm

So Ret gets HotR as part of their spec too? I missed that. That's interesting.

But yes, I had Sanctity as Prot. If it's a bug, that's good. If it's not, that's unexpected.
Lumenactio

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Well having sanctity would make us actually benefit from Bloodlust/Heroism, since we are the only tank who don't gain an actual benefit by having a haste bonus.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:33 pm

True enough, would be a fairly elegant solution to allowing hero to impact us.

Our mana seems to have gone down, to exactly 20000 at 85, and even with kings it stays 20000. Assuming that's a bug. Not sure why adding intellect wouldn't add Mana.

Our Righteous Defense taunt is gone? We seem to be down to just Reckoning. Are all tanks down to a single taunt now?
Lumenactio

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Intellect doesn't add mana in Pandaclysm

They have removed all AoEtaunts from the game. Except for the warrior's banner and the monk's statue.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:46 pm

So it's a tool tip problem, Intellect still lists as adding mana on the beta. Simple enough fix.

Not sure how I feel about losing a taunt. I can't imagine doing something like the Pre-Ultrax trash without 2 taunts. It's annoying enough as it is.

Feels like Grand Crusader proc should be a bit more often, to make up for the longer CD on CS. 20% on live servers with the lower CS CD was good. 20% at 4.5 seconds in beta feels off. I think it would smooth out the feel of tanking if the procs were slightly more frequent.

Seals are now like our auras by the way, as in the current UI model of clickable little icons above the bars. Seals are there instead now. Feels pretty natural.
Lumenactio

Postby Amirya » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:05 pm

It'd be even better if Righteous Fury were a clickable little icon too.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Agreed. It's not at the moment.

Even better would be just having it on if you're specced as prot... not sure why you'd want to have it switched off.
Lumenactio

Postby Amirya » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Tank swap fights, I used to kick it off for Festergut in ICC, after having stupid high stacks.

(Then we just went with solo tank method.)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Main problem is that there's nothing to actually DO in beta yet besides roll a Panda.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby theckhd » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Can anyone verify the information wowdb has about our skills? I.e. what abilities does a prot paladin have at 85, what are their cooldowns, etc?

There are already a few tests that can be run regarding seals in the Call to Arms thread.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:43 pm

theckhd wrote:Can anyone verify the information wowdb has about our skills? I.e. what abilities does a prot paladin have at 85, what are their cooldowns, etc?

There are already a few tests that can be run regarding seals in the Call to Arms thread.

Sure theck, what do you need?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby theckhd » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Tests #1-2 and #7-8 should be doable now. I imagine nobody has access to the new enchants on beta yet, so those will have to wait.

But a quick rundown of our abilities would help. There are a number of entries for each spell on wowdb, so it would be nice to have an in-beta confirmation of which one is actually relevant.
Last edited by theckhd on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta