Remove Advertisements

Herald of the Titans (Protection Warrior)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Herald of the Titans (Protection Warrior)

Postby Dyma » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:04 am

Hello! Me and few friends decided to level up characters to level 80 and go for this achievement.
I will be playing protection warrior, so I'm interested about some reforging/gemming.

- Is it worth having hit/expertise cap or any specific rating?
- How much mastery should I go for, is there any "cap" for 80 level?
- When it comes to gemming, should I activate meta and go only for stamina?

Thanks in advance, hoping to get answer soon!
Cheers!
Dyma

Re: Herald of the Titans (Protection Warrior)

Postby lythac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:09 am

It is not worth gearing for any hit/expertise. The fight will not be a DPS check, with new talents DPS will easily be covered so survivability is your focus.

For warriors soft cap is 102.4% avoidance+block, any excess is converted into critical block. I can't see you hitting the soft cap as your only source of mastery will come from reforging (doesn't exist on gear or gems at that level). Everything should be reforged for mastery.

Using epic gems (+30sta) I cannot see it worth picking up socket bonuses so gem for straight sta, activating meta.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Dyma » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:31 am

Thanks! Though, one more off-topic question, would like to hear your advice. I have paladin and deathknight in group, and I'm still not sure which one of them would be better to go dps and which one tank. Was thinking of getting Ret Pala for raid buff, and DK as tank because they're good cooldown-wise.
Dyma

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:40 am

Eh, from doing Algalon back in the day (granted it's been a long minute), shield tanks were superior due to the fast swing timer of the boss.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:12 am

Did this at level, when current so YMMV. I tanked on my paladin, with a set geared toward block chance and then block value (before mastery was around), and had a druid co tank. IIRC the druid took quite a bit more damage but due to his EH the healers didn't really have any trouble keeping him up. The fight is about proper execution, tank choice shouldn't really limit your ability to get a kill if people are executing properly.
Gab

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice