Remove Advertisements

Uncle Theck Wants You(r data)!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Uncle Theck Wants You(r data)!

Postby theckhd » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 am

Photoshopping credited to Invis

... to participate in the Call to Arms thread. We need people willing to perform some simple tests on training dummies to help refine our understanding of certain mechanics.

No mathematical background required, and most tests should only involve a small time investment. The first few posts of that thread contain all of the relevant information. I'll be adding tests as we continue to update the modeling.

I know that at one point or another you've all used the resources on this site to figure out how to be a better tank. I'd like to think that one of the reasons Maintankadin is the site to go to for paladin tanking information is the amount of people here that spend their own time trying to improve our understanding of the underlying game mechanics.

It's time to give back to the community by giving some of your time. Go to the Call to Arms thread and try and carve out 15 minutes out of your day to provide us with some data.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Re: Uncle Theck Wants You(r data)!

Postby theckhd » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Bump for a new wave of beta invites!
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:10 am

Bump - need lots of data, please consider contributing.
Big request for data, anyone who has 15 minutes to spare would be doing me a great favor by producing a quick dummy parse. As usual, post results in the AT&C Call to Arms thread.

Test #28: Determine Ability AP scaling coefficients
  • Gear: Any, need a variety of data points at different SP levels (from naked to fully geared and everything in-between). Avoid random procs - no weapons enchanted with Landslide, for example. If you have to, buy a green weapon from a vendor somewhere.
  • Spec: Prot
  • Seal: Any
  • Glyphs: Any that don't affect damage. Specify which glyphs you used.
  • Talents: Any
  • Target: Any level 90 dummy with no debuffs. If you use a group of dummies, make sure all the ones you hit are L90.
  • Attack Sequence: Full rotation: CS>J>AS>Cons>HW with SotR as HP dump (can macro it to CS if you want)
  • Goal: several hundred J, AS, CS, Cons, SotR casts, the more the better. Overall goal is to collect >5k casts from multiple sources at different AP levels.
  • Report: build, AP, SP, hit/exp, haste, crit, weapon details, seal, glyphs talents. upload the combat log
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:45 am

Bumping again, please consider contributing 30 minutes of your weekend to the community.
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Bumping for dodge/parry data:
Level 90 tanks on beta: I want to nail down our parry diminishing returns coefficient with greater accuracy. To do that, I need a lot of data. Luckily, this is the sort of data we can crowdsource, and it doesn't take long for each person to do their part.

What I need:
Naked: Character sheet Strength, parry%, dodge%
Geared: Character sheet Strength, parry%, dodge%, tooltip pre-DR parry% and dodge% from rating (from the tooltip, i.e. X parry rating grants Y% parry before diminishing returns - give me Y; do the same for dodge)

Ideally I'd like to cover a wide range of values, everything from heavily parry-reforged/gemmed to heavily dodge-reforged/gemmed to wearing ret gear with as much STR as you can manage. I need some intermediary points too, so reporting values at each stage of undress would be great too (i.e. write down naked values, then put on one piece of gear and write down the new values, repeat until fully geared).

This should take no more than 10 minutes to do, but if 10-15 people report data, I should have enough to determine the DR coefficient with pretty good accuracy. Feel free to post your data sets here or in the Call to Arms thread.
theckhd

Return to General