Remove Advertisements

MoP Wish List........"I'd like......."

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Wish List........"I'd like......."

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:56 am

mavfin wrote:
benebarba wrote:I really doubt that MOP will end up significantly different at the end of the day. That or the rage will be huge.

On the other hand, they did pull the Dalaran and Shatt portals, and only put back the SW/Org ones. So, they are capable of changing things.

I also hope they stick to the no-fly in Pandaria till 90. I really didn't care for the way 80-85 unfolded with people just landing on quest bosses, then taking off as soon as they killed enough to be out of combat. Only Vash'jir didn't really work that way, because of being underwater.

One of the first things I did when Wrath released was to run the length of Northrend, from Borean Tundra to Howling Fjord and get every single FP I could get my hands on. With that on hand, I did not mind not flying at all till I got to lvl 77 -- and I actually enjoyed questing a lot without the ability to fly.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:59 am

Lieris wrote:Didn't you get the memo, if heroic mode raiders want something for themselves then they are elitist and should just play another game. >_<

I think it would be kind of cool to have multiple endings with the heroic one being the canon ending but I can see how that might pose problems. I just think the ending they settled on was really corny and Deathwing seemed really impotent in DS what with him trying to flee for half of it. It would have been cool if on heroic he was made to be much more dangerous.

That's a little unfair -- we might not always see eye to eye, but I do agree with you on several things, including stuff that should be only for hardcore raiders (Sinestra is a good example) -- where we stood apart was your insistence on some things relating to the LFR.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:13 am

Lieris wrote:
benebarba wrote:
Lieris wrote:I am slightly drunk so sorry if this isn't very coherent (only takes me one drink... don't judge me) but I just don't see what's so outrageous about having new or different fights on heroic. If they're going to persist with this buff that increases every month more and more people are going to see these heroic fights, there are a lot of guilds now on 5/8 or 6/8 and soon they will see what a ridiculous disappointment the last two fights of the expansion are. Why not for example have Deathwing kill all the other aspects resulting in two entirely different fights? Maybe have N'Zoth make an appearance on the final fight against Deathwing on heroic? Maybe fight Deathwing and some new black dragon bosses in Deepholm instead. It doesn't take much imagination to see where they could change things up.

If they're only going to have 8 bosses a tier I want normal and heroic to feel completely different instead of "same the but with a debuff/adds". Given how often they recycle models for raid bosses this isn't too big of an ask.

I may be off, but I don't think anyone in this thread had a big issue with the idea of new mechanics or bosses in heroics... though who knows what Blizz thinks of the idea.

For the death of the aspects: that would be one of those major story-point things that probably shouldn't happen differently between difficulties, or at least the explanation should be consistent (via cutscene, whatever). That or be prepared for some serious story WTF-ery that makes the LK fight seem completely logical.

Didn't you get the memo, if heroic mode raiders want something for themselves then they are elitist and should just play another game. >_<

ZOMGWTFBBQ! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAge!11!one

There, we good now? ;)

Lieris wrote:I think it would be kind of cool to have multiple endings with the heroic one being the canon ending but I can see how that might pose problems. I just think the ending they settled on was really corny and Deathwing seemed really impotent in DS what with him trying to flee for half of it. It would have been cool if on heroic he was made to be much more dangerous.

Yeah, I was actually kinda let down by DW (anyone else now think 'darkwing duck'?) story-wise in DS, and just plain annoyed by Thrall. but that's a rant for another place :P
benebarba

Postby theckhd » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:16 am

Lieris wrote:I think it would be kind of cool to have multiple endings with the heroic one being the canon ending but I can see how that might pose problems. I just think the ending they settled on was really corny and Deathwing seemed really impotent in DS what with him trying to flee for half of it. It would have been cool if on heroic he was made to be much more dangerous.

They sort of did that with Ragnaros. So it's definitely in the cards, as are more "heroic-only" bosses like Sinestra.

I think Deathwing sort of fell flat as an adversary for a few reasons, but the biggest is that he's so damn big. It's hard to make a believable or compelling encounter when the boss is that large compared to anything we've ever fought. I mean, how do you tank something like that - all you'd see is one of his feet.

So instead of a "big bad" we could go toe to toe with, we got a "too big" bad that had to be running from us to make sure the encounters didn't feel ludicrous.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby benebarba » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:20 am

mavfin wrote:
benebarba wrote:I really doubt that MOP will end up significantly different at the end of the day. That or the rage will be huge.

On the other hand, they did pull the Dalaran and Shatt portals, and only put back the SW/Org ones. So, they are capable of changing things.

I also hope they stick to the no-fly in Pandaria till 90. I really didn't care for the way 80-85 unfolded with people just landing on quest bosses, then taking off as soon as they killed enough to be out of combat. Only Vash'jir didn't really work that way, because of being underwater.

Oh, I'm fairly sure they'll stick to their guns on the pre-90 no-fly zone, and it will probably be really cool for a while. I just somehow doubt that there will be a major shift from the idea that level-capped folks will congregate wherever is most convenient for whatever endgame activities fill most of their time. Though really, aside from folks purposefully fleeing SW to avoid the crowds, even having a second area where a bunch of folks want to be would be an improvement on my server. The addition of the AH to the DD in SW did at least split folks up in SW. Though trade district still seems a bit more popular on my server.
benebarba

Postby Lieris » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:32 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Lieris wrote:Didn't you get the memo, if heroic mode raiders want something for themselves then they are elitist and should just play another game. >_<

I think it would be kind of cool to have multiple endings with the heroic one being the canon ending but I can see how that might pose problems. I just think the ending they settled on was really corny and Deathwing seemed really impotent in DS what with him trying to flee for half of it. It would have been cool if on heroic he was made to be much more dangerous.

That's a little unfair -- we might not always see eye to eye, but I do agree with you on several things, including stuff that should be only for hardcore raiders (Sinestra is a good example) -- where we stood apart was your insistence on some things relating to the LFR.

That wasn't aimed at you. How could I be snarky to you? <3
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby mavfin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:03 am

Lieris wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:

That wasn't aimed at you. How could I be snarky to you? <3

I know who it was aimed at, and that's not what I said. I said that if you wanted 1 (hard only) difficulty, and you thought 'keep the scrubs out of my content' was a valid management plan, then you're playing the wrong game. I said nothing about special heroic-mode bosses or anything like that, or said that heroic raiders should leave. They just shouldn't expect the game to be built around their expectations only.

Get it right if you're going to rage at someone.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:51 am

benebarba wrote:Yep - and as predicted, SW and Org have become the new Shatt and Dal. Even with more things spread evenly amongst cities, folks seem to still congregate in the same places. Heck, at least with Dal you actually had to fly to your zone, rather than sitting in one place, taking a portal do do your dailies, then popping back into the city.

I really doubt that MOP will end up significantly different at the end of the day. That or the rage will be huge.

They've told us there will be a new hub for each faction (yes, seperate capitals) located on Pandaria, and I doubt there'll be portals when everything is on the same continent.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Winkle » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:56 am

Jabari wrote:
- Have raid bosses that require skills other than "Max DPS", "Stay out of Fire (unless it's good, then get into the fire)", "stack now", "spread out now", and "press the magic button now". (Spine of Deathwing is not the way to do that, BTW...)

I don't think i could take having any more than current DS HC bosses have to throw at us. Bosses like Warmaster HC are very involved and require a lot of concentration on multiple fronts.
Winkle

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:21 pm

I just somehow doubt that there will be a major shift from the idea that level-capped folks will congregate wherever is most convenient for whatever endgame activities fill most of their time. Though really, aside from folks purposefully fleeing SW to avoid the crowds, even having a second area where a bunch of folks want to be would be an improvement on my server. The addition of the AH to the DD in SW did at least split folks up in SW. Though trade district still seems a bit more popular on my server.

To help build world PvP, they could buff the HP reward of PvP kills outside of Arena/BGs, thus giving PvPers incentive to draw out adversaries by ganking lowbies.....

ah, wait thats what PvP servers are for.

They could create Legendary PvP items based off of farming drops from PvP kills (loot those enemies!) outside of Arena/BG
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:To help build world PvP, they could buff the HP reward of PvP kills outside of Arena/BGs, thus giving PvPers incentive to draw out adversaries by ganking lowbies.....

ah, wait thats what PvP servers are for.

They could create Legendary PvP items based off of farming drops from PvP kills (loot those enemies!) outside of Arena/BG

Partaking in World PvP objectives raises the player's weekly Conquest Point cap. Also from the initial preview there is no true central hub city at level cap, just towns/factions in various zones that send you out to do daily quests.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby amh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:37 am

Lieris wrote:Kael'thas as the final boss of the expansion.

Oh no you didn't! :]
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 am

I was very excited to see that they plan to have individual and small-group challenges that are different from dungeons. Very cool.
Kelaan

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:29 am

How do the group challenges work for tanks and healers? I thought I'd read that they were not required for challenges - but if that's the case you'd want a team of 5 dps in order to ensure the quickest time possible. As a tank with a healing offspec this makes me a sad pumpkin. (Unless I totally read this wrong.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:32 am

They're 3-player instances that are designed to be pretty easy. It shouldn't be much of a problem with any composition, but I do wonder what'll happen if you get a 3-healer group.

Edit: Woops, I think you're confusing Challenge Mode dungeons (timed Heroics that need the usual 5 man 1/1/3 team) with Scenarios.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General