Remove Advertisements

MoP Wish List........"I'd like......."

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

MoP Wish List........"I'd like......."

Postby Qeeze » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:09 pm

What sort of things would you like to see added, changed, or removed from the game in MoP?

I'd like to see one raid size. I don't really care what size it is, but with one raid size, all fights could be tuned equally & server progression would matter.

Tier tokens should simply let you buy the item your class wants. Bosses would still drop tokens by slot. Labeling tier tokens as Cong, Vang, & Prot is silly, and more annoying than fun.

Blizzard should create an Official ranking system for all raids. Ranking should be based on a variety of known, fair, and attainable measurements, not just the time of a kill.

Legendary items should take a reasonable amount of time to complete, and over time you'd see quite a few in each raiding guild. They should not be class specific. A player completing the quest line should have to do a lot more than collect shards or gems on a rng basis. They should be made using a bis item from each tier's final boss and the player would have the ability to choose the proc for that item. Players would decide what slot they want to upgrade.

Artifacts should be added to the game, and be available to every class and spec. They should only be available to players who raid end game content, and take at least an entire tier to complete. 1 per guild per tier, and have the same method to upgrade over time as Legendary items. To make an Artifact you have to turn in your Legendary and the stats would increase slightly but you get some sort of title and fun on use ability.

Professions need to have good items available for every tier.

We need a "Chefs" hat added that works for all professions. Call it a "Crafters" hat you have to spend some time working on to get. The hat graphic would change based on what profession window you have open.

Daily profession quests should all share the same currency like valor points and each profession vendor would sell rare random drops at a fairly high price

PVP should offer some items PVE players would want to work towards getting, and it should work the other way around. PVE should offer something the PVP'ers would just have to have.

Guilds perks should be available from both raiding and PVP. These perks would be cool and fun to go work towards, and not earned just by logging on and doing guild rep grinds. Once you earn these perks they stay even if you change guilds.

Companions you could get who do useful things like go collect all your loots or something or even buff you slightly.

Reduce the size of melee pets at least. The damm shaman elementals are annoying in melee and no pet should have a taunt unless you tell it to,

Post your lists and feel free to agree or disagree with my ideas.
Qeeze

Re: MoP Wish List........"I'd like......."

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Make melee more desirable in raids. This seems to have been a problem for any expansion.

No blanket nerfs to heroic content (spot treatment is fine for problematic encounters that are overtuned). I'd also like stacking buffs/debuffs that trivialize raid content removed since that falls under the same vein.

Remove titles for completing raid achievements as soon as the next expansion comes out.

I think those are the ones that interest me most from a personal perspective.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Pet choices to matter more, or for pets to be specced in any tree. So many are useless because their talents are PVP only.

Crafting professions need at least one item per tier that is a BOP upgrade. (Goggles for engineering, etc.)

Archeology needs to be fleshed out.

Legendaries need less focus on endless item collecting in raids.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:16 pm

i say keep titles, but add a small change, like TF2 has with weapons (ones you got before the trade system (i think) are vintage weapons)

def melee desireable for raids
no more blanket nerfs period, minor nerfs to fix problem fights is fine

i agree with legendaries being less RNG and more about being able to play your class, but no more class specific ones
(something like Quel'Delar would be nice)

def archy needs work

i love pets providing buffs, but like hal said, there is little point to bring a cunning pet to a raid

(yeah for sappers on blackhorn?)

more options for shoulders that arent based on token drops solely or pvp
give us a crappy one bought with points so we arent stuck with either a crafted pvp item, an actual pvp item or something 3 teirs old (my rogue is stuck with 333 shoulders cause there are no pvp leather shoulders on the AH ever and i am not going to farm up that many mats for one item this close to the end of the expack)

bring back class quests
i like the idea of the weapon quests at 20 and 50, would love to see something more like that
or maybe the lock and paladin mount quests

thats all for now, back to FL w/ Theck!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Lieris » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:56 am

Remove legendaries from the game or completely rework the method of acquisition and don't have something as powerful as Dragonwrath ever again. I also don't like how slow it is for 10 man heroic guilds: We won't get our first set of daggers until 5 weeks after killing Madness heroic. I don't think that guilds who can't make significant headway into heroic modes merit legendaries either.

Something done with engineering.

Targeted nerfs, not blanket ones.

Don't put out raid content during summer or christmas.

Class agnostic tier tokens. Also stop putting 15+ items on every boss, it makes gearing up on 10 man really aggravating.

No more raid meta achievements that are impossible on heroic. Guilds shouldn't have to give up a week of heroic kills to finish these.

Unique models for every raid boss.

Exclusive bosses and phases for heroic mode.

Fishing and archaeology removed from the game.

Kael'thas as the final boss of the expansion.

My guild to not go horde.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:04 am

Can only tihnk of a few fairly specific things right now.

- Enhancement to get a new AoE attack that isn't part of the single target rotation.
- The new elemental Ascendance ability to use new unique models and not rehashed existing ones.

- Raid tiers more like T11 than T13. Mix of mid- and small-sized instances, with 10-15 bosses per tier. No more 7-8 boss tiers.

- Less need to repeat rep grinds. BoA for all rep enchants, and possibly even for some rep gear.

- Let us change talents without visiting a trainer. I change glyphs almost every fight atm, and I expect to do similar with talents in MoP. Hope they stick with a similar method for switching talents instead of making me hearth and beg a summon every fight. (They've said we won't train new skills, but haven't ruled out respecs still being on an NPC yet. They need to seperate re-talenting from changing spec.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby tullock » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:45 am

Meaningful, lore filled, challenging 5 man content. Alot of it.

Multiple new 5 man dungeons with each major patch.

Small group content getting as much focus as raids.

Actual gear progression from patch to patch through 5 mans, not bullshit points that are the same as from raids, at a much slower pace, for raid gear that trivializes your already piss easy 5 man content.

Lore filled zones full of difficult quests that require a group to complete, not 15 solo quests followed by a single group quest that could usually just be soloed by a paladin anyway.

Class specific quests for class specific perks, things that teach you how to use your class. They did this at 60 with the warlock and paladin mounts, they did it with the leaf for hunters and the eye for priests, then waited 6 years to do it for rogues with daggers. There needs to be more of this type of play, rather than just making everything easier so that people feel its ok to be terrible.

I know pandaclysm wont bring any of this, and i dont plan on buying it. But a guy can dream about what he would find fun.
tullock
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:50 am

Hear hear, tullock. And I'd like to * the "lore filled" to read "NOTE TO BLIZZARD: Two minutes of NPCs going completely non-interactive while they stand around and RP with each other before and after every boss is not how you deliver narrative in an interactive medium." The new 5 mans (and the 5 mans at the end of Wrath) are absolutely terrible about this, and it makes them feel like chores.

STAND HERE HEREOS AND CATCH YOUR BREATH! What? Why, Thrall? We just cleared a couple trash packs, we're fine. What is the point of oh, ok, now we have to wait for you to... phase? So we can talk to you? Why are you phasing again?
Last edited by Invisusira on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Invisusira

Postby poptart » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:53 am

....that the Monk class Mistweaver spec (healer) is a true combat cleric that requires him to be in melee range, throwing attacks in order to power his defensive and heal spells. I always wanted Paladin to be that kind of healer but alas, he is standing in the back, wearing a dress, waving his hands in the air to cast heal spells rather than having sword and board in hand and crushing his enemies while he keeps his allies up.

....echo the call for multiple instances in every raid tier and 10-15 bosses per tier instead of just 8. For our casual raiding guild where many raiders raid only 1 night a week, making multiple locks per week is challenging on the same old raid instance. Multiple instances gives us a much more varied ability to raid.

....My alt Prot Warrior just got his "Looking for Multitudes" achievement today. All his heroic runs have been in HoT heroics. There was zero need for him to run "older" heroics in order to gear up to run HoT due to BoE and crafted gear. I know Blizzard thinks that is it great to "ludicrous speed" everyone to the final tier of an xpac but I really would not have minded trying to find some groups for older heroic content or LFR for older tiers. If they can LFR for older tiers, then I think toning down the BoE and crafted gear would be very, very helpful progression wise.

....echo love for Engineering and Archology. While I am leveling archology on my Warrior (so that he has "some" gathering profession to spend time on), that fact that all of the epic items that can be found are 359 leaves me a bit cold since there are many crafted/BoE options that surplant them on any alt I am bringing up. Same with Engineering helms only being good for a single tier while BS, Tailor, LW can all craft gear for each and every tier typically.

....honestly, I would not mind if "attunements" were brought back to go along with LFR for older raid tiers. I did not love how "grindy" attunements were back in TBC but I like the overall concept of them. If they can make the attunement process less grindy and more "you really need to do a pervious tier a bit before being eligable for the next tier" then I would be all for it. I would have loved to have to go run BWD and BoT at least once each in order to get into FL and then DS on my alt Prot Warrior.

....While I sort of like the model of 5-man instances "being able to be completed during lunch", I thought HoT took it a bit far. In End Times this morning, we going Echo of B (zero trash needing to be cleared) followed by Echo of S (2 trash packs needing to be killed) and then the end boss (2 trash packs). So, a total of 7 fights to clear an instance. Echo of J only requires 2 trash packs killed if you can skillfully avoid the others while picking up the staff shards and Echo of T is the only boss encounter that requires multiple pulls to get to the boss (and even then, the risk of dying on any of those pulls is about zero).

WoE = 5 trash packs - boss #1 - 7 trash packs - boss #2 - 4 trash packs - boss #3
HoT = 3 trash packs = boss #1 = 5 trash packs - boss #2 - 3 trash packs - boss #3

While I appreciate how quick they are, I really don't mind killing a few more trash packs in order to get from boss to boss. Heck, in many cases anymore, you cannot even BL/TW on every boss because there is not enough time for a 10 min CD to expire between bosses.

Thats enough for now.

Poptart
poptart

Postby Shoju » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:26 am

Well, I was going to say "A reason to buy it" but then I realized that at this point, there is nothing that will make me interested in buying it. So here is an If I were going to play list.

Heroic Dungeons that are difficult, but not awful. Trash shouldn't be harder than bosses. And there shouldn't be a metric ton of trash. 1 CC per pull is fine, 3 CC's per pull isn't.

Intelligence in the LFG tool. Part of the problem that with the original Heroics being so difficult at times, was that the tool didn't think about the group + dungeon makeup and plan accordingly. H:Stonecore with 3 melee DPS was awful. H:GB with 1 CC that worked on Dragonkin was terrible. Dungeons with no significant interrupt (at a time when tank interrupts were terrible) was awful.

I like the speed and quality of the Legendary Daggers. I don't agree with Lieris about her comments at all. I think any guild capable of killing the end boss of a Raid consistently should have the opportunity for a Legendary. It shouldn't matter if you can make significant progress in heroic modes. That wasn't the measuring stick when they were RNG drops, and I don't think it should be the measuring stick now. My raid group will finish our daggers in mid april.

That being said, Class Specific Legendaries suck. They are awful, terrible, ridiculous, and should never ever see the light of day again.

Larger, non linear raid tiers. Dragon Soul is officially my choice for worst raid tier since I've played the game. It's about 6 bosses too small, and the linear design killed it for my guild. We essentially went from an inclusive raid guild that you could raid multiple of our 3 days with, but weren't required to raid any of them, or more than 1, or whatever you could, to a 2 night, 2 team raid guild. Weds / Mon "teams" I FUCKING hate that. I hate that I don't feel connected to my guild mates and friends who raid on mondays. T11 was a good size. T7, T8, T10, T6, T5, T4, were all good sizes. T9, T12, and T13, have been awful, terrible, and at times they have felt almost guild breaking for us.

Daily Quests that don't feel like a grind. Molten Front was a good design, but the rewards / Desire to get to the last vendor on an enchanting alchemist who doesn't put a lot of stock in achievements anymore was just not there. There was no carrot on a stick for me. Gear, while that works for those who aren't raiding, wasn't a carrot on a stick. Mount, would have been had I not main changed, and given up on achievements. Achievements.... well yeah I covered that.

Give up on this idea of integrating PvP into PvE questing or whatever they have been talking about. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I left a PvP server because when I want to quest, I want to quest, not deal with that asshole Gnome who thinks it is his job to harass and camp me all night. When I want to PvP, I will queue for a BG, and do some arena. If you look over my characters, you will see that doesn't happen to often. I don't want it to happen often. EVER.

Challenging solo content.

Class Quests. Even if it is just simple blues at max level, or for cosmetic rewards, or whatever, Class Quests were cool.

Better, more lax rules on Transmogrification. I don't care if its main hand, or one hand, or off hand. And no one else who likes mogging does either. I've dropped ~5k gold on mogging on my account. I love looking over items, and trying to find matches for them, creating an "identity" for the character. Something that I have never really felt there was a lot of in WotLK and Cata.

Less massive nerfing. With the LFR in the game, you don't need to stupify the normal raiding content. Those who can can, those who can't LFR, and work to get better. It's the best of both worlds IMO. I feel cheated that while my guild killed Madness before the nerf, I didn't get to until the 5%.

Training Dungeons. I outlined them somewhere on the forums here. God that would be awesome. People could learn to play their class before max level.
Shoju

Postby theckhd » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:39 am

Shoju wrote:Less massive nerfing. With the LFR in the game, you don't need to stupify the normal raiding content. Those who can can, those who can't LFR, and work to get better. It's the best of both worlds IMO. I feel cheated that while my guild killed Madness before the nerf, I didn't get to until the 5%.

I think a lot of people are completely missing the point of the nerfs. They're intentionally tuning heroic to be slightly harder than intended at 0% to give the top guilds more of a challenge. That gives them content to chew through which prevents the "wah wah Paragon/Method/vodka cleared heroic in week 2" whining (mostly by people who aren't Paragon/Method/vodka, ironically enough).

If they were to release it without intending to nerf it at all, the content would be tuned roughly where it is now, at ~10% nerf from where it was released. I'm not opposed to that either, honestly, but I think the progressive nerfs are a much better system. It gives us super-hard content initially for the top guilds, and then slowly ratchets it back to where it would be if they hadn't used progressive nerfs at all. And of course, after another month or so, it goes past that point to open it up to more guilds.

So, yeah, whine about the mass nerfs all you want, but it's sort of silly to do so. You wouldn't be getting 0%-difficulty-level bosses (on an absolute scale, obviously) if the nerf system weren't in place, except for rare cases like Sinestra/Algalon/etc.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Winkle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:45 am

Edit the consecration graphic so that it no longer looks terrible. It can't have looked good in 2004, and it certianly hasn't aged well.

Perhaps consider revisiting all the old textures that get wrapped over everything in wow and look very dated.
Winkle

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:10 am

Shoju wrote:I like the speed and quality of the Legendary Daggers. I don't agree with Lieris about her comments at all. I think any guild capable of killing the end boss of a Raid consistently should have the opportunity for a Legendary.

I would agree with this if end bosses on normal were never nerfed. Killing something with a 30% buff/debuff/whatever does not make you deserving of something with a "legendary" tag attached to it.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:14 am

theckhd wrote:
Shoju wrote:Less massive nerfing. With the LFR in the game, you don't need to stupify the normal raiding content. Those who can can, those who can't LFR, and work to get better. It's the best of both worlds IMO. I feel cheated that while my guild killed Madness before the nerf, I didn't get to until the 5%.

I think a lot of people are completely missing the point of the nerfs. They're intentionally tuning heroic to be slightly harder than intended at 0% to give the top guilds more of a challenge. That gives them content to chew through which prevents the "wah wah Paragon/Method/vodka cleared heroic in week 2" whining (mostly by people who aren't Paragon/Method/vodka, ironically enough).

If they were to release it without intending to nerf it at all, the content would be tuned roughly where it is now, at ~10% nerf from where it was released. I'm not opposed to that either, honestly, but I think the progressive nerfs are a much better system. It gives us super-hard content initially for the top guilds, and then slowly ratchets it back to where it would be if they hadn't used progressive nerfs at all. And of course, after another month or so, it goes past that point to open it up to more guilds.

So, yeah, whine about the mass nerfs all you want, but it's sort of silly to do so. You wouldn't be getting 0%-difficulty-level bosses (on an absolute scale, obviously) if the nerf system weren't in place, except for rare cases like Sinestra/Algalon/etc.

I would rather have bosses that are Heroic only like Senestra, Algalon, Ragnaros P4 than to go through this cycle. DS Normal was WELL DONE Firelands normal was.... OK. Neither needed the nerf.

But this also goes back to another point for me. "Heroic Mode/Difficulty" vs. "Hard Mode".
There is a big difference to me. I hate the new model. I hate that it's a difficulty setting in the game. That really killed my desire to run/complete/attempt them. It really did make me feel like I'm choosing a difficulty setting in a console game instead of a "hard Mode" style fight.

Ulduar didn't have some scaling 5%-30% nerfbat attached to it, and many people remember Ulduar fondly, even those who never killed Yogg, or Algalon. I didn't SEEAlgalon until I was in full 251/264 from ICC10. I didn't kill him until I was 85, as people lost interest in WotLK when they realized just how hard it was.

I think giving the Top Tier of Raiders a boss that is... "Theirs" is a much more interesting Design choice than "Hey we're going to make everything hard, and then make it easy enough for you". Which to me, doesn't make me feel good, it makes me feel bad. Because obviously I'm not good enough to complete the game the way that they intended.

That's what I want to hear.... I want to hear that I'm bad at your game.

@nika.
On one hand, I completely agree with you.

but then part of me is also back to saying Why does it matter what they do, or when they do it? The fact taht you got your daggers SO MUCH earlier than them (if they are killing it at 30%) is a huge advantage. What is the difference at that point, in them getting the legendary, as opposed to me going back and getting Shadowmourne, or Thunderfury, or The Glaives? At 30%, it will be "ok" in the next tier of content (well, the daggers wont be, but....) but is it really that big of a deal?
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:17 am

lol well on that note, I'd like legendaries removed from previous tiers as new expansions are released. :D It'd make the ones who did get them at level much more special and far less common place than seeing Joe Blo mage with a Thunderfury like you see today.

Edit: Also... remove legendaries from the last tier in the expansion. It just seems so redundant to get them, then replace them with greens since there's no new tier to use them in to your advantage.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General