Remove Advertisements

Profession Advice please.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Profession Advice please.

Postby Bernoulliuz » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:43 am

I would like to do professions for protection paladin ,first one is Blacksmithing and second I hesitate Enchanting and Alchemy and Inscription?
Could you tell me pros and cons of Enchanting and Alchemy and Inscription.
Which one do you prefer?
Thanks in advance.
Bernoulliuz

Re: Profession Advice please.

Postby Gab » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:39 am

Bernoulliuz wrote:I would like to do professions for protection paladin ,first one is Blacksmithing and second I hesitate Enchanting and Alchemy and Inscription?
Could you tell me pros and cons of Enchanting and Alchemy and Inscription.
Which one do you prefer?
Thanks in advance.

Currently, with the addition of Epic gems, blacksmithing is clearly the best profession since the other professions weren't normalized like they were in wrath. Not only do you get more stat points but the versatility in choosing the gems is unmatched. With epic gems BS gives 100 (150 stam) rating points vs 80 (120 stam) of other professions.

As for the second profession Inscription, Alchemy and Enchanting offer 120 stam. Alchemy is the only one of the three that offers a little flexibilty with the stat choice as you get the mixologist benefit for either the Stam flask or a combination of the mastery, armor and resistance elixirs. It's really personal preference or what will make you the most money.

If you don't want to grind Therazane rep then go with Inscription. If you want some added flexibilty go with alchemy. If you want a painful profession grind go with enchanting.
Gab

Re: Profession Advice please.

Postby superworm » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Well, leatherworking is also worth considering, if you leveled up your toons with skinning like me. It provides 195 stamina wrist enchant (compared to the non-leatherworking 50 dodge one), and you can enchant your legs and wrists for almost nothing, saving you a lot of money if you are going to change a lot of gear.
It saved me a lot of money from the start of the expansion, counting all those fee I would have to pay if I had bought all those leg enchantments.
One thing to note, is that you'd better have some skinning alts or make sure your server have enough lower-level leathers to sell, or you'll be stuck when trying to level leatherworking by AH.
superworm

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice