Which trinket combos for Dragon Soul?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Which trinket combos for Dragon Soul?

Postby Cowmmunion » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:10 am

You could try macroing the scales with your WOG, except make sure they are before the WOG (because they wouldn't apply the shield from overheals that WOG does).
Cowmmunion

Postby Treck » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:12 am

TB trinket is usefull on 2out of 8 bosses.
Altho fang would really only be worth it on yorsaj, using it on zonozz who deals quite a lot of meele dmg aswell would not really benefit the raid imo.
Soulshifters is pretty crap, but sure a lot of stamina if you dont have a sta trinket allready (or using 2)
Stay is great for a couple of bosses, but mainly Madness, id take Pride+spidersilk over stay on most other fights tho.
Pride is a pretty solid trinket, lots of sta, a bit weird procc but not useless, better than soulshifters since its procc IS useless.
Alternative is scales with its heal, i guess it comes down to a bit of personal preferance, but Pride does give more sta.
Eternal flame isnt bad either, but you should have to much mastery to be using 2x mastery trinkets, and id take spidersilk over Eternal flame for progress atleast (exception maybe ultraxion)

Trinkets are trinkets, they are not like any other piece of gear, as they are always a bit unique with their special abilities, something that makes them pretty fun to play around with, and theres not always a solid winner or loser between them, its more up to personal preferance.
Treck

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Cowmmunion wrote:You could try macroing the scales with your WOG, except make sure they are before the WOG (because they wouldn't apply the shield from overheals that WOG does).

I did; I just haven't been using it very often on farm content. I may swap it back when we start hitting progression again (we're pretty lazy), but even then, I suspect I may still prefer the pre-emptive CD of Stay.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Valour » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:02 pm

I've been using Heroic Pride + Heroic Spindle for the majority of heroics (except for BH trinket on Yor'sahj) and it's worked out pretty well. Not sure if I'm going to make any changes in the future... I've been meaning to give Stay of Execution a try but I've been too lazy honestly, and I never got my heroic Scales so I'm not sure I'll be going for that.

Either way though, H Pride + H Spindle has been great overall and seems like a very safe choice for a generic trinket loadout for this tier :D
Heroic Boss Kill Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ValourWoW
Valour

Postby Pyrena » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Got my Indomitable Pride(397) today and want to replace either the Alchemist Stone or Fire of the Deep.
What made me suspicious is the fact that it would be more beneficial to exchange Fire of the Deep instead of the Alchemist Stone for the best Stamina/Master ratio.

Indomitable Pride
687 Stamina

Alchemist Stone
440 Stamina
213 Mastery
=> ~1.2 Stamina/Mastery

Fire of the Deep
458 Mastery
=> ~1.5 Stamina/Mastery

Is the Alchemist Stone really that great or did I just make a stupid mistake?

Thanks in advance.
Pyrena

Postby Cowmmunion » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:25 am

Assuming an Epic gem, I get the Alchemist stone at around 516 itemization points [ignoring the useless socket bonus], vs the 458 of the Fire of the Deep. Is the on-use dodge proc worth 58 itemization points to you? Indomitable Pride is also worth 458 itemization points, but to me that proc is so much more valuable then fire of the deep.
Cowmmunion

Postby Pyrena » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:38 am

So, to put it in a nutshell, the Alchemist Stone is one of the best trinkets available if you are an alchemist?
I think I'm going to run with Stone/Pride then, as I generally dislike clicky trinkets unless their on-use is really great.
Pyrena

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice