Remove Advertisements

Multi-Boxxing WoW

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Multi-Boxxing WoW

Postby Aoaga » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:31 am

I am looking for some information from anyone who Multi-Boxes WoW. I am just getting interested in this idea, and have some basic questions regarding software and perhaps servers / guilds of other multi-boxers out there.

What Software do you use? What was the cost of it? How do you set up your multi-box system / running multiple WoW clients off 1 machine, or do you use multiple machines.

Can you “Recruit-a-Friend” if the “recruited” account is in your name?

These are some of the starter questions I can think of off the top of my head, thanks in advance.
Aoaga

Re: Multi-Boxxing WoW

Postby _Chloe » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:15 pm

I did some multi-boxing in WotLK. Basically used something called Key-Clone. Fairly cheap if I remember and it sends any key press to any active window. You can black list certain keys and junk with you like. Basically I would use macros to assist and such on the "slave" accounts while using standard abilities on the "master" account. Also to answer another one of your questions, I was all on one machine and fairly easy to pull off. I know when I was doing it, there were a few sites dedicated to multi-boxing.

You can Recruit-a-Friend even in the same name. Just make some new e-mails, send the invite, follow the instructions and you're setup.
_Chloe

Postby Kuripari » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:33 pm

I MB'ed a whole in TBC and WOTLK. I did the same, used key clone. You get everyone setup on an autofollow. I think I had a addon that helped with that or something. Basically, It's alot of macro's with assist built in. I'd have a shaman chain heal the party, while a couple mages fireballed. And I ran the tank as the main account. Did dungeons and other stuff without much trouble. It was definitely easier to run ranged as the slave accounts, I don't think I'd want to mess with trying to get melee into a position to do their thing.

I think this is one of the places I used to get alot of info from:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/forum.php

It was fun :D With RAF you can have a stable of 85's in no time.
Kuripari - Skywall US Horde
Kuripari

Postby Aoaga » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:24 am

Thanks guys, keep em comming

The RaF info was awesome to hear...I finally will be able to break the 40 barrier on a Warlock or Shammy before deleting them :mrgreen:

I too will be running my setup all from one machine

Thanks for the link btw, I have checked that site out before, and indeed tons of good info there, again....keep em comming
Aoaga

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:44 am

So... how much more powerful does your machine have to be to run WoW 5x (or however many you multi-box from one machine)? Do you run them all in Windowed mode? Do you have multiple monitors so you can still see what's going on with each character individually?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalbar » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 am

Skye1013 wrote:So... how much more powerful does your machine have to be to run WoW 5x (or however many you multi-box from one machine)? Do you run them all in Windowed mode? Do you have multiple monitors so you can still see what's going on with each character individually?

When I used to box 3 toons, the other windows had all their settings at the lowest, including screen resolution. I'd also run a macro to severely limit the max fps. Ran peachy on 1 pc (Intel PD805 w/4gb ram at the time).
Zalbar

Postby Aoaga » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 am

Skye1013 wrote:So... how much more powerful does your machine have to be to run WoW 5x (or however many you multi-box from one machine)? Do you run them all in Windowed mode? Do you have multiple monitors so you can still see what's going on with each character individually?

It doesnt have to be redic. powerful. Each core (of your processor) can pretty much hande x2 WoW clients. So if you had a quad core processor you would be good to go for 5+. Like the afformentioned post, it helps to limit FPS and have graphic setting turned way down. You arent looking for graphical beauty when multi-boxxin, more you want to get a stable of 85's quick / smash faces.

Edit - Some multibox programs run the WoW clients within themselves for multiple displays of each account / toon. If you are just using a key-clone type software, it does help to have multiple monitors and in most cases (unless you have a monitor per Toon), having them windowed and resized is the way to go.
Aoaga

Postby GMPoison » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:10 am

I love facing a multi-boxer in bg's. Seeing 7 people, over half the team, all druids running from base to base is hilarious. They screw everyone els in their group over. :lol:
GMPoison

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros