Remove Advertisements

Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

Postby Bogo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:19 am

I dont know which one I should use. I have as profession Alchemy(Mixology with +15 to Prismatic Elixir and +40 to Mastery Elixir, +80 to steelskin) and Blacksmithing
I used on old content (FL and preFL) Mastery elixirs, but few month after DS was released i was forced to take break, now i back to WoW and (ofc) i fallen to 2nd raid group, healeres here have a bit trouble healing me sometimes, after i checked few new guides i saw tanks prefer now stamina.

And now i dont know if i should change to steelskin flask over mastery elixirs too.

sry for my english :P
Bogo

Re: Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:48 am

Paladins preferring Stamina is because they've hit full CTC (you can check the threads in the Basic/Advanced forums if you need more info about this.) If you have the 102.4% CTC without a mastery elixir, then the flask would probably make more sense.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Cowmmunion » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:12 am

Elixir of the Master is 225 mastery. The Steelskin flask is 450 Stamina - or about 300 mastery worth of gemming. If you are doing progression on fights with a ton of shadow damage (Yorsahj, Zonozz) I'd reccomend sticking with the Elixir and the Prismatic Elixir for shadow resistance. Progression on every other fight I'd go with the flask and just gem for some more mastery to make up for it.
Cowmmunion

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:49 am

Cowmmunion wrote:Elixir of the Master is 225 mastery. The Steelskin flask is 450 Stamina - or about 300 mastery worth of gemming. If you are doing progression on fights with a ton of shadow damage (Yorsahj, Zonozz) I'd reccomend sticking with the Elixir and the Prismatic Elixir for shadow resistance. Progression on every other fight I'd go with the flask and just gem for some more mastery to make up for it.

Or just stick with the mastery elixir and use stamina scrolls? Stamina scrolls result in the flask having a mastery:stamina conversion of 225:300 or 1:1.33. e.g. 225 mastery elixir + 150 stamina scroll is the itemisation equivalent of 487.5 stamina, which is better than the 450 stamina flask.
Rhiannon

Postby Cowmmunion » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am

bwaaaa? I... I had never known of these scrolls. Ignore everything I said!

*runs off to toss money at an Inscriptionist*
Cowmmunion

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 am

Cowmmunion wrote:bwaaaa? I... I had never known of these scrolls. Ignore everything I said!

*runs off to toss money at an Inscriptionist*

It's a SCRIBE, goddamnit!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:30 am

I prefer "Inscriptionatorist".
Rhiannon

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Scribbler.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Flex wrote:Scribbler.

I'd even take THAT over the ridiculous variations people come up with (like Rhia above!)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:23 am

Scriblologist is so far my favorite.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice