[Mage] New 85 Heroic Farming

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Mage] New 85 Heroic Farming

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 am

I have played frost a bit in heroic. It's relatively interesting to play but sadly the DPS potential is quite low. I never made it past 15k DPS as frost while i run over 20k as Fire.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Invisusira » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Yeah, reforging is one more reason Arcane is annoying. Mage has typically been about haste/crit, but Arcane is all like HOPE YOU WANTED MASTERY ON YO GEAR so you pretty much have to have an entire second set of gear for it or reforge every time if you want to switch back and forth.
Invisusira

Postby Aoaga » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:29 pm

So I finally stepped away from ALTs long enough to get my 5 Bars of XP to…/DING 85. Had the crafted gear waiting for me in my bags, including x2 Rings and necklace. Still have crappy trinkets and wand. iLvl 333 staff and BoA cloak. Due to cloak I cant quite yet que for HoT randoms, but I figured Id get the Thrall quest line one and save some mats.

But MAN….I didn’t realize that none of that PvP crafted stuff nor my weapon has ANY HiT on it. That’s right Spell Hit – 0. Is this a glaring problem or what. Didn’t realize it till IK was unlocking Firelands hub and was missing the level 85 Blazerunner guys with my spells, I was all “WTF”…Blaze runner was like “I burn you sucka you got no HIT rating”!...So I open my hub, and turned in for the night as I was spent….not looking forward to tonight when I get to reforge all my gear not for optimal performance, but for friggin HIT…../cry
Aoaga

Postby Kelaan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:47 pm

It's possible that reforging for hit IS optimal performance. ;) Don't worry, it'll get better as your available itemization improves.
Kelaan

Postby Ardrhyst » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:59 am

Frost is actually a lot of fun. The numbers it puts up are okay. If you play it well, you can equal decent DPS of other classes. Also, you can play havoc on World of Logs, because it's a lot of fun to get ranked on every fight.

It's important to note that the 4pc for Frost is insane. You basically spend close to half of your time under the effects of Icy Veins, which is pretty huge.

It's also a really good time to go into LFR and get made fun of for being Frost, then make people eat their words by being in the top three if not the top of the DPS charts.

Sure, you will get better numbers with the same skill level by being Fire or Arcane, but it's way more satisfying to throw everything into succeeding as the underdog.

If you try it and stick with it awhile, you might be surprised what you can put out. I have always played my mage as Frost, and I figured I would just LFR him for fun factor. After seeing what he can do, though, I've been bringing him to our alt run and kicking ass, and even beating some mains on our Firelands run for orange farming. It's fun.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:12 am

Oh man.

Don't say that.

I've avoided LFR for at least 6 weeks now on all characters, but this? Is making me want to take my mage as frost into LFR and play that way.

Frost is soooo much fun, and I miss it.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Ardrhyst » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:18 am

Amirya wrote:Oh man.

Don't say that.

I've avoided LFR for at least 6 weeks now on all characters, but this? Is making me want to take my mage as frost into LFR and play that way.

Frost is soooo much fun, and I miss it.

Do it.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:30 pm

You are cruel, sir. :cry:

I might try that tomorrow pre-raid, if my homework is done.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes