[10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Winkle » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:51 am

Lionnis wrote:Had a dozen or so tries last night, 3 heals is probably feasible with 0 melee but i'm thinking 2 heals is definitely the way to go. This is a very challenging fight... we're also having trouble the entire f-ing ship covered in fire, i'm assuming the fire graphic bug still exists?


It appears that the fire has gone even more insane. At one point last night the ship was around 65% and almost the entire deck was already engulfed in flame.

Ridiculous that these bugs still exist this long after its release.
Winkle
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Lehvin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 am

Hey.

So my guild finally got to this on Monday and had a few tries. We basically died in p1 , but it needs some practising. My question is tho about phase 2. How are the tanks switching between bosses. Gariona does the healing absorption thingie and WM sunders hes target. Does there need to be a switch between tanks when Gariona does her ability or just normal 3 sunder taunts?

Thanks.
Lehvin
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Era » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:56 am

Fairly sure you can just switch at 3 stacks like normal. Possibly consider switching on 2 stacks once the drake is dead and the boss starts getting lower (i.e. his vengeance goes up), depending on how well-geared your group is.

EDIT: We haven't really been able to push very far into P2 yet, so this is mostly speculation on my part.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:41 am

Lehvin wrote:Hey.

So my guild finally got to this on Monday and had a few tries. We basically died in p1 , but it needs some practising. My question is tho about phase 2. How are the tanks switching between bosses. Gariona does the healing absorption thingie and WM sunders hes target. Does there need to be a switch between tanks when Gariona does her ability or just normal 3 sunder taunts?


Gariona's healing absorption debuff is on a random raid member, not tanks. The best way to handle switching (same as on normal) is not to stick to a rigid 3 stacks and taunt, but to taunt as soon as your own sunder stack falls off. There's no point having the tank with two sunders take a third sunder and melee swing while the other tank has no sunder stacks, unless the first tank happens to have a very strong CD up or something. Because devastates can be avoided, how many stacks you end up actually taunting on will vary, but as a general rule you want to be switching as soon as one tank's sunder stack falls off, but not as the same time as Goriona does her breath. If, due to devastate avoidance RNG, one tank will get three stacks, they should have a CD up when the third stack is applied. Devastates are on an 8 second CD (though they get pushed back by shockwaves and shouts) so you should be able to tell whether you'll have to take a third stack or not before it happens.
Rhiannon
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:17 am

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Winkle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 am

Era wrote:Fairly sure you can just switch at 3 stacks like normal. Possibly consider switching on 2 stacks once the drake is dead and the boss starts getting lower (i.e. his vengeance goes up), depending on how well-geared your group is.

EDIT: We haven't really been able to push very far into P2 yet, so this is mostly speculation on my part.


The tank damage is severe in P2. Expect to get wrecked at 3 stacks.
Winkle
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Darielle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:16 am

Do bear in mind that while tank damage is severe especially around the Disrupting Roar cooldown (because Disrupting Roar + melee + Devastate hurts), once you've taken Goriona out of the picture, healing becomes extremely easy.

For the Warmaster-Goriona combination, what we found worked best was to have one tank pick up Warmaster when he landed. When Goriona landed, the other tank took Warmaster and the Sundered tank picked up Goriona. At this stage, his damage is fairly breezy, so you CAN wait to 3 stacks if you want to, but when the Warmaster tank ran out of small cooldowns and stuff, he just called for a switch and they swapped. You shouldn't need to swap again before Goriona flies away, but you can should you feel you want to - when Sunder stacks fall away works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-D2eah91qs

^ That's our kill. You can see the Warrior tanking Warmaster at the start, then picking up Goriona when she lands. You can also see that we made two swaps - the second wouldn't have been necessary but we 9-manned the second phase.
Darielle
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Era » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:38 am

Is there any logic to where the deck fire spawns at all? Or is it completely random? Note that I'm asking for WHERE, not WHEN. It definitely spawns at 75%, 50% and 25% - But we heard a theory that the fire spawns on the parts of the ship that take the most hits?

Example: If we catch every bolt near the front of the ship, but ignore the back of the ship, the fire spawns in that region?

We've been trying it, and it seems like it works - but I'm still not convinced that it it's not just dumb luck. Figured I'd ask around.

EDIT: Also, can anyone confirm whether or not a Fire Mage with Cauterize can solo soak the Onslaught without the boat taking the damage? Also, would Ardent Defender work similarly? We've got two Fire Mages, a Holy Paladin and me as Prot Pala, so that'd considerably ease the encounter for us I suppose.

EDIT 2: I read about the Cauterize thing in the beginning of the thread, but it was just briefly mentioned, so if anyone has a definite "Yes/No" answer, then that'd be great.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:57 am

I can say the fire is pretty random in its spawn + movement (at least in 25). We had attempts in which it'd cover half of the platform, sometimes almost everything, and sometimes barely 1/4. Couldn't see any pattern in it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13432
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:12 am

Yes, Era, AD, Cauterize, Dispersion all work for solo soaking the Onslaughts.

However, the ship will always take damage. The ship, in terms of Onslaught, is counted as a person. It's mitigated by how many people are in the Onslaught. IE: If 1 person, the damage is split 50/50.

Barrages, is an all or nothing thing though.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Era » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:44 am

Worldie wrote:I can say the fire is pretty random in its spawn + movement (at least in 25). We had attempts in which it'd cover half of the platform, sometimes almost everything, and sometimes barely 1/4. Couldn't see any pattern in it.


Well, if you're doing it the normal way and just trying to soak all barrages, then it'd be hard to notice a pattern since the places that get hit would be completely random anyway? So was more wondering if anyone had actually heard about it as well, and tried this or something similar.

Fenrìr wrote:Yes, Era, AD, Cauterize, Dispersion all work for solo soaking the Onslaughts.

However, the ship will always take damage. The ship, in terms of Onslaught, is counted as a person. It's mitigated by how many people are in the Onslaught. IE: If 1 person, the damage is split 50/50.

Barrages, is an all or nothing thing though.


I'm aware that the skills would save the solo soaker from dying, what I was asking was whether the ship would take damage as well. Earlier in this thread (here) it was suggested that immunity spells like Ice Block and Bubble would direct all the damage to the ship, while death prevention like Cauterize and AD would actually negate ship damage. So, can anyone confirm who's right? :wink:


VeTRooTfus wrote:In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. I can prove it. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.


Who's not right about what? :P
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:58 am

The ship will always take damage. AD, Cauterize, Dispersion will just save the person, but the ship will still take half the damage.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Era » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Alright, thank you.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Darielle » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:30 am

Even when you have every single person in the raid stacked in an Onslaught, it will take ~2% damage. It always counts as a person.

Deck Fire is basically random, and it seemed to tend to chase the nearest person in the way of Firefighter as far as how it spread, but short of running around doing the mechanics, we never bothered actually testing that out.
Darielle
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:20 pm

I watched like 15 different videos today and got some neat little tricks. One of which we do already, we tank both adds near one of the drakes for cleave damage/what not. However a couple tricks I saw and didn't know if it was counter productive or not were:

1. Solo tank the two adds and have the other tank soak up barrages. Switch tanks every set of adds, and it seems like it would rock. I don't know if you'd lose to much dps on adds that way but seems better and less risky than having dps lower their dps/possibly die/miss some.

2. I liked this one video where they had a range on each side of the boat where the drakes get harpooned so basically the adds would sometimes charge to the sides of the boat rather than all over the boat just thought it was interesting.

3. Anyone who isn't using the solo soak strategies talked about on here are just plain ridiculous there is truly no downside to it.

I think I'm going to be using stay of execution and fire of the deep for this fight. I just like stay for the absorb even while soaking, and to have a 20 percent damage reduction on disrupting. May end up going with indomitable pride and stay. I did this fight reforged threat stats other day, so I'll just go back normal way now that I know how much p2 hits for.

Some people were saying you couldn't target goriona anymore? I tried to have the lock put bane of havoc on her/it.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby madmessias » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:45 am

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:I watched like 15 different videos today and got some neat little tricks. One of which we do already, we tank both adds near one of the drakes for cleave damage/what not. However a couple tricks I saw and didn't know if it was counter productive or not were:

1. Solo tank the two adds and have the other tank soak up barrages. Switch tanks every set of adds, and it seems like it would rock. I don't know if you'd lose to much dps on adds that way but seems better and less risky than having dps lower their dps/possibly die/miss some.

2. I liked this one video where they had a range on each side of the boat where the drakes get harpooned so basically the adds would sometimes charge to the sides of the boat rather than all over the boat just thought it was interesting.

3. Anyone who isn't using the solo soak strategies talked about on here are just plain ridiculous there is truly no downside to it.

I think I'm going to be using stay of execution and fire of the deep for this fight. I just like stay for the absorb even while soaking, and to have a 20 percent damage reduction on disrupting. May end up going with indomitable pride and stay. I did this fight reforged threat stats other day, so I'll just go back normal way now that I know how much p2 hits for.

Some people were saying you couldn't target goriona anymore? I tried to have the lock put bane of havoc on her/it.

I wouldn't bother the solotanking both adds, since only one tank will get vengeance then.
You seem quite silly, there's no need at all to solosoak the big ones, if you get all big ones with the entire raid, you had to get around 3-4 small ones prenerf, and now with the nerf, i doubt you need to get any of the small ones, but meh just get a few anyways, DK tank, holypala etc can easily solosoak.
madmessias
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:45 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest