Scroll of Resurrection FAQ

You get -

Spectral Wind Rider/Gryphon

They get -

Free upgrade to Cata
One character Instantly boosted to 80
7 Free days of gametime
Free Character move to your realm and faction

With the Free upgrade to Cata (all the way from TBC?) and free char move seems to be worth quite a bit of money and ex-players should probably return for that reason solely even if they choose not to re-sub. I wonder what this will do to sub numbers if players decide to continue playing for a month or two.

I was alll sad when I saw this in the FAQ -
Is there a way for me to boost a character to 80 without a Scroll of Resurrection?
The ability to boost a character to 80 only comes when you accept a Scroll of Resurrection invitation.

I realise it does not take long to level to 80, but time etc. The boosted player gets a set of green leveling gear.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Re: New Scroll of Resurrection

Postby Invisusira » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:07 am

I had some pop-up ad for that yesterday and thought it was a phishing scam at first.
Invisusira

Postby poptart » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:32 am

lythac wrote:The boosted player gets a set of green leveling gear.

Green leveling gear that is item level 232. Allows them to step right into questing in Hyjal/Vash from the first moment.

This is a pretty sweet carrot to try to entice olders subscribers back to the game. Pretty sweet.

Poptart
poptart

Postby Archeth » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:28 am

Being Cataclysm greens (ie. no stat penalty for rarity) and level 232 is a pretty good starting point for Hyjal/Vashj'ir, yeah. It also means you can bring your friend/alt into the new dungeons immediately.
Archeth

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:57 am

Yeah. Sits right in the middle of WotLK ilevel (ilevel 174 at the end of the quest content) and early Cata (ilevel 289 in Vashj'ir/Hyjal) and gets you what you need for the instances (226) immediately.

It's probably the ilevel that Cata content was balanced for, since ToC normal gear and ICC 5 man gear (all i232) was the most widely accessible in the expansion.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:07 am

Random question that's slightly related... is it possible to transfer an account to another battle.net account? I'll try to remember to research this when I get home, but if someone happens to know for sure, it would save me some time.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:42 am

Pretty sure the FAQs say no, once glued to a particular bnet account, it's forever.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:02 am

And authenticators go by bnet account, not individual game accounts?
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Zobel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:10 am

Skye1013 wrote:And authenticators go by bnet account, not individual game accounts?

Correct.
Zobel

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:12 am

So much for my evil plans to hijack my friends old account :P. Though he said he's more than willing to let me have it if I want to pay for it. He'd have to remove his authenticator (which he still plays SC2 occasionally, so that might not be something he's willing to do.)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:09 am

I'm contemplating the idea of renewing my US account, anyone wants me to pay him/her a visit on US? :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:13 am

Worldie wrote:I'm contemplating the idea of renewing my US account, anyone wants me to pay him/her a visit on US? :>

That's the first thing that came to my mind as well.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:56 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Worldie wrote:I'm contemplating the idea of renewing my US account, anyone wants me to pay him/her a visit on US? :>

That's the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Thirded. I was looking to get a transfer to an EST realm (on CST ATM).

Am hoping I have a level 1 mage (reserving name) to boost to 80. Otherwise I have a 72 Pala that isn't particularly interesting.

Edit - not sure if you can create a new char and boost that or if it has to be a per-existing char.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Petrus » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:01 am

I like the sound of this deal, but now I just need to find a friend with an inactive account. Most of my friends have active accounts.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 am

I'm perfectly happy to send an email out.

But I am amused that the email screen gave me an option to send an invite to Levie.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General