Your ideal Heroic 5 man team composition

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Big Mushy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:23 am

First heroic I ran was with a Holy priest, Tankadin, pvp spec rogue, Fire mage, and demon lock. And I have never seen a run go smoothly first time someone died was on the last boss of the instance, The thing that I liked most about that group was everyone knew exactly what they could do on each of the pulls, Yes the lock seduced next to me, mage also sheeped next to me a few times, but where possible I let them CC without me breaking it (sheep pulls CC ranged etc) and the group overall was fantastic, I think my next group I have booked looks something like

Fury warrior, Shadow priest, Tankadin, Frost mage and a healadin, so that should be interesting to say the least (considering I'm one of the lower geared ppl lol)
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby Athon » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:10 am

I've had good success with a following group:
Tankadin
Shadow Priest (MC, mana and health regeneration)
Warlock (banish/enslave, AOE)
Holy priest (healer)
Mage or Rogue (humanoid CC for those nasty casters and good DPS)

Sometimes there has been a shaman instead of a mage or rogue. This means that there's less CC, but on the other hand I can go fully crazy with consecration. :)
Athon

Postby Palladia » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Prot Pally
Ret Pally
Resto Shaman
Mage/Warlock (just for AoE)
Shadowpriest
Palladia

Postby Metrodin » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:52 pm

This isn't exactly my ideal group and I was worried when we first formed up for heroic SP, but it consisted of:

Tankadin (me)
Warrior (Arms pvp-spec 11k hp unbuffed)
Warrior (Arms pvp-spec 11k hp unbuffed)
Enhancement Shaman
Resto Shaman

Absolutley zero CC, and at the time my only epic piece was Tankatronics, but we literally tore through the place. SoE + Windfury + 2 x Arms warriors was scary damage.

We even tanked pairs of Defenders with ease. Each warrior would disarm one of the mobs then kick the crap out of the one marked for first kill.

Massive melee damage, disarm and 2 x shaman buff totems ftw! :lol:
Metrodin

Postby Pizbit » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:50 pm

Ya know I'm pleasantly surprised how many people have listed resto shamans for their healer. Are we really that good?:)

Probably the classes that take the most out of heroism are dps war/rogues then hunters, casters less so due to mana concerns(Sure they cast faster so nuke faster, but they'll still OOM after the same number of casts).
Rogues with SnD up and Heroism = shit hell fast.

Maybe I shouldn't have made my tankadin my main eh? Nah!
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:30 pm

Resto shamans give Wrath of air, they r good.

My ideal set is:

Me
random healer (resto shaman preferred)
3 melee DPS

Pure melee demolition party, things kinda EXPLODE, expecially if i have both resto and enh shaman, and so wrath of air + wf for melees.

The cooler one i've had was me, resto shaman, fury war, rogue, ret paladin. SH heroic done in 22 minutes, gg.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Metrodin » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:39 pm

Yeah thats pretty much what happened.

But for some reason I could never have a Tremor down when I needed it though, despite having two shamans... :?
Not that it mattered, #2 and #3 on threat were usually the plate armoured Arms warriors with almost as much health as me :lol:
Metrodin

Postby Tokkelos » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:00 am

Protection Paladin - Me :p

3x Combat Sword Rogues - Blade flurry + WF totem would clear up fast :) Also the option to stun lock/evasion tank if I am CC'd in any way.

Restoration Shaman - Tremor Totem if mobs fear and Chain heal if there is AoE damage to my melee :)
Balldeep
70 Dwarf Tank
Boulderfist EU
Tokkelos

Postby Gratus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:36 pm

I've been running:

Prot Pally
Warlock (Destruction)
Warlock (Destruction)
Holy Priest
Fire Mage

I love the set up and we have a blast and never wipe. Works for me even though its a little unorthidox. The five of us have been playing MMORPG's together since college.... if you have a Tank + Healer + DPS and everybody has a brain have fun and you'll get all those badges^^
Gratus

Postby Frickit » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:53 pm

me
a healer
3 dps
Frickit

Postby grymwulf » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:35 am

Easiest run I have ever had:

Prot Pally (me)
Frost Mage
Fire Mage
Affliction lock
Priest Healer

Can we say AoE Pain train?

Blizzard, Flamestrike, and Seed? oh yeah.....
grymwulf

Postby luminum » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:43 am

i have a set group of friends that i know i can trust to zerg through all the heroics we want.

that said i dont go anywhere without a mage (hooray for manna biscuits/sheep!), resto shamans are nice, but i also like having a priest for the stamina buff.

Prot Paladin
Mage
Warlock
pve dps warrior/rouge
resto shaman/priest

AoE tanking is great fun when theres loads of seed of corruption and frost aoe spam!
luminum

Postby Candiru » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:17 am

I've always wanted to try me + 4 shadow priests.

That would be a lot of healing and mana regen!

Normal heroic though is

Prot pala
Resto Shammie / Resto Druid
Mage/Lock/Elem Shammie/Hunter/Moonkin *3
Candiru

Postby thorn » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:25 pm

well, my ideal group involves six people. me, healer, three dps and a mage. mage makes a table, then we kick him for good dps.

lol. no. seriously, mages are fine as long as they don't complain about how much mana they lose when they aoe.

my ideal makeup is me, tree, warlock, spriest, ele shaman / mage.

NO MELEE.

PERIOD.

melee sucks. they take unnecessary damage and their benefits are too situational. sap sucks, and all those damn stuns and intercepts or whatever... just make it harder. a caster who can aoe is better than some stupid single-target melee... or even the warrior who does his cleave thing.

i want seeds, chain lightning, etc. only reason i even say spriest is because they can dot-tab-dot-tab, they can generate the mana's, and they can mind control those menders in heroic bot and give us all the sweet +300 spell damage buff. omg, <3.

holy paladin's been my bread and butter healer, but the lack of hots makes it hard on him. single-target healers and melee dps make each other's lives harder, imo. i want to make friends with some resto druids. ;-(((

nothing pisses me off more than the pvp spec melee whining to be let into a group because they need to mooch off our pve specs so they can buy a blade of harbringers or because they want some kara gear to pvp with.

i am tired of arms warriors or rogues carrying those pineapples, shadowstepping behind my mobs. i ran with a warrior in kara the other day and asked him if he had omen and he's like, "i've never downloaded it. there is no aggro in pvp." magoo. for people like that, i say go away. if you want to pvp, stop making my pve harder.
thorn
Maintankadonor

Postby eXa » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:03 am

Me
Ele shammy
Ele shammy
Ele shammy
Holy/disc priest (imp spirit)

totem forrest and full nuke, thing is dead before u can blink....

Bot is quite fun, 399spell dmg + totem 101, +spirit 15ish, +buff 295, +wizard oil 42 +WF....
850+ spell dmg is quite fun...
eXa

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics