Remove Advertisements

[25H] Madness of deathwing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25H] Madness of deathwing

Postby Cema » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:18 am

Hi!

Our raid is gonna spend the end of the timer on this boss and I really wondered how many cooldowns would we need on every impale? For the 2 tanks slot we can have 2 prot pally, 1 prot warrior or 1 feral, we have no deathknight.

I believe few people can answer my question but few doesn't mean none ^^
Cema

Re: [25H] Madness of deathwing

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Rotation I use when tanking with a prot warrior (which might be overkill but it works so we never bothered changing it):

Impale 1:1 - dream + dp + safeguard + stay (massive overkill on this platform but w/e)
Impale 1:2 - dream + sac + stay + SW

Impale 2:1 - dp + safeguard + stay + GoAK
Impale 2:2 - sac + stay + SW + LS

Impale 3:1 - dp + safeguard + stay + AD + PS
Impale 3:2 - sac + stay + SW + rallying from a dps

Impale 4:1 - dp + safeguard + stay + GoAK
Impale 4:2 - sac + stay + SW + LS + PS

The last stands/rallyings are probably unnecessary.
Rhiannon

Postby Treck » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:05 pm

I always use Avenging Wrath with a 3xhp WoG for added security, if it critts its more potent and will absorb more than Stay will (given you have the talent to get the shield from WoG)
IF you have one tank take 1:1, 2:1, 3:2, 3:4, he can use all his 3min CDs for every impale (except the 1st one where you have dream anyway)
That way theres no way you can actually die from impale.
Only thing to remember is to use your CDs about 5sec before impale is casted, so they are on CD earlier but their duration is still obviously up for the hit (since it can get tight between your 3rd and 4th impale)
The 2nd tank however will then have to take 2 impales in a row, and not every class can do that reliably without external CDs, DKs are perfect for it however, and can use their CDs but especially army on their 3rd impale coupled with some short CDs, and their overpowered bloodshield (our DK has managed 400-600k shields)
If you do so you always take the 1st or the 2nd impale, you cannot use your 3min CDs every time, but If you have external help with Safeguard/PS you can manage fine.
I always also use Sacrifice on the other tank, while it "should" be 30% its not even close to that effective for some reason, Safeguards 30% is a lot stronger, but obviously every bit helps.
Treck

Postby Cema » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:50 am

Thanks both of you :)
Cema

Postby icesurfer7 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Isn't the fact Hand of sacrifice caps at 30% of the casters HP make it more limiting than a buff that does a 30% damage reduction with no health limiting cap?
_._._._._[\_._._._._._\o/_._._._._._.
HELP! A SHARK!
Last I checked this was world of warcraft,not world of wordcraft.
icesurfer7

Postby Belloc » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:32 pm

icesurfer7 wrote:Isn't the fact Hand of sacrifice caps at 30% of the casters HP make it more limiting than a buff that does a 30% damage reduction with no health limiting cap?

My prot hand of sac absorbs up to 100% of my health.
Belloc

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:22 pm

icesurfer7 wrote:Isn't the fact Hand of sacrifice caps at 30% of the casters HP make it more limiting than a buff that does a 30% damage reduction with no health limiting cap?

Hand of Sacrifice
Rhiannon

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)