[10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Xfighter » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:28 am

Don't think it's been mentioned in this thread before, but if it has I must've missed it.

Anyone ever get an issue when using the all stacked up strat, or any strat in general where the orb will be bouncing like normal, then for one bounce: it does the hit, blows up, goes immune... and stays in one spot? Then after the 5 second immunity, it blows up again on the person it stopped at, and then proceeds to go in the same direction it came in at? (IE. comes from the ranged, blows up on the tank, stays on the tank, blows up again on the tank, and then proceeds to go behind the tank away from the melee/ranged group.)

Was kind of annoying to be encountering this, yet after 5-6 attempts where it happened - we still couldn't figure out if it was a certain ability/position that causes it, or if it was just occurring randomly?
Xfighter

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:03 am

The ball not moving happened to us a few times. So don't think it's just you guys. However, it only seemed to bug when it hit the boss and I ate the soak and a melee hit.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Phonic » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 pm

It happens in at least one in every 10-15 attempts. It's a very annoying bug. Nothing you can really do IMO.
Phonic

Postby Lionnis » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:17 pm

I've looked over this thread and just want to jot down the compilation of knowledge i've gathered from this.

The general idea is the go 7-7-5-5 on the stacks and burn him to death in the 4th black phase.

Run out if you get the debuff before being dispelled so you don't blow everyone up.

In the black phase kill the adds in the following order flails>eyes>claw.

Did i miss anything?
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:41 am

That is the general idea, but how you stack up matters and how you handle the debuff. I personally thought it took away some of the bad RNG by doing what they suggested on I believe bottom of page 2. The picture drawn was really good and it really helped us kill it. Getting our first kill this week I had to stop using my holy power for word of glory and use it to Shield slam more to beat the enrage. I'd imagine next week will be substantially easier.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Paoanii » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:59 pm

If used correctly, WoGing for the shield can actually be more helpful than that extra shield slam. A WoG just before psychic drain is ~30k absorbed assuming it didn't crit. Because of the mechanic of Psychic Drain, thats 300k prevented healing on Zon. Preventing damage from the Psychic drains can do a lot more to help beat the enrage than your own personal dps contribution.
Paoanii

Postby Lionnis » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Killed it last night after 10 attempts, thanks for all the help. Used everything I read here and it helped a ton. Thanks for the input.
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:24 am

we will attend this one today, after killing yorshaj for the first time last week.

So i got some ideas and questions.

first, the last weeks, in order to prepare myself for the HM, I tried on normal mode to time and build my CD rotation around Psychic drain, but I have some trouble to see exactly when it will happen? is there a DBM timer? if so I have some trouble to identify it, I see a timer for "Psychic drain CD" but after this is finished nothing happened, and then, as it seems, out of the blue he casts psychic drain...

telling me the timer of this ability would help at least a bit (so i would run the good old fashioned watch next to the keyboard thing).

then, as this ability seems to be a cast or a channel right? or is it an instant?

If it is casted or channeled, it should work, with the proper timing to use bubble, wouldn't it?

also with the meanwhile 10% nerf I'm asking myself if it wouldn't be pretty useful to let the best DPS (in our case our rogue) stay on the boss the whole time, as 10% is about one dps prenerf, this should compensate on the adds and shorten the fight significantly.
Schroom

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 am

The psychic drain timer on DBM seems to be when he's able to cast psychic drain again (i.e., when it comes off cooldown for him). I've had times where he's cast it as soon as the timer ends on DBM, and sometimes upwards of 5 seconds later. Regardless, I would make sure to hit my CD (either trinket or DP) at 0.5 seconds before the timer on DBM finished. We're doing about 7 bounces each time and psychic drain was cast twice each time during the bounce phase.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:33 am

The Physic Drain on DBM is what you need to pay attention too. However, it's not a timer to when the boss will use it, it's just when the boss has the ability to use. He (she?) will use it within 3 seconds of that timer so if you hit a glyph DP or Mirror of Broken Images at the 1 second mark of the warning, than you'll be good at having a CD for it.

It is an instant cast and I'm not too sure if a bubble will mitigate it, never tried as I don't want the boss to turn and Physic Drain the raid.

EDIT: </3 you nika XD

In regards to the rogue on the boss...keep him there. He cleaves onto the boss while DPS'ing down the Claw, so don't think your rogue being there is not helping because between him and you, you're working down an add.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:56 am

He (she?) will use it within 3 seconds of that timer

darn that was what I was afraid of, I hate those :P but at least knowing that it will be within 3 seconds as soon as it is off CD helps. Thanks for that.

well I don't see much trouble on downing "The big" tentacle, as we have a pretty melee heavy raid. the small ones could make more problem but the Hunter doing the eyes and the melees focusing the small ones really quick should do the trick.

we can chose between following DPS in out pool:

Rogue
Hunter
Fury Warrior
Feral cat
Frost DK
Ret Paladin
Blood DK (who got an unholy specc as well but the gear is not that good)
Demo Warlock
Fire Mage (with pretty crappy gear tho at the moment)
and some of the IDs a (still pretty weak) Moonkin.

so the mage and the moonkin aren't usually used for progression unless we got no choice. (in comparison our rogue does 44k where our mage does 24k and the moonkin about 22k)

then myself as Protpally

healers we got all 4 healing classes once and the priest got a holy as well as a disc specc, choosing the best one for each boss. so there is no problem.

so you see our options are pretty limited. (damn legendary stole our casters *rage*)
Schroom

Postby Creel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Schroom wrote:
He (she?) will use it within 3 seconds of that timer

darn that was what I was afraid of, I hate those :P but at least knowing that it will be within 3 seconds as soon as it is off CD helps. Thanks for that.

well I don't see much trouble on downing "The big" tentacle, as we have a pretty melee heavy raid. the small ones could make more problem but the Hunter doing the eyes and the melees focusing the small ones really quick should do the trick.

we can chose between following DPS in out pool:

Rogue
Hunter
Fury Warrior
Feral cat
Frost DK
Ret Paladin
Blood DK (who got an unholy specc as well but the gear is not that good)
Demo Warlock
Fire Mage (with pretty crappy gear tho at the moment)
and some of the IDs a (still pretty weak) Moonkin.

so the mage and the moonkin aren't usually used for progression unless we got no choice. (in comparison our rogue does 44k where our mage does 24k and the moonkin about 22k)

then myself as Protpally

healers we got all 4 healing classes once and the priest got a holy as well as a disc specc, choosing the best one for each boss. so there is no problem.

so you see our options are pretty limited. (damn legendary stole our casters *rage*)

We run a melee heavy comp as well (only 2 ranged dps)- our dps is not spectacular but here is a log of our kill from last week - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v ... 713&e=5052

We run a 9-5-7-5 bounce rotation (we found by going to 7 on the 3rd set it lined up better with our cooldowns)- we also were doing that pre-10% nerf - i bet we can go 7-5-7-5 now

We use the strat where the entire raid is soaking (ball phasing through melee) so ranged soaker is standing 20 yards away from tank and the ball bounces between the tank and ranged - we keep 1 healer out of the group so they can pretty much just heal away without having to move (see our video below)

For your comp I would bring the Hunter / Demo / Rogue / Feral Kitty (especially if they have 4 piece tier 13 - you get 2 extra healing cooldowns if needed with 4piece and Tranq) / Ret Pally / Frost DK

Assignments for adds on black phase:

Hunter - Flail 2 > Eye 5 > Boss/claw

Demo Lock - Eye 3 > Eye 2 > Eye 1 > Boss/claw

Ret Pally - Flail 1, Eye 2 >Boss/claw (they get the 60% run speed boost with judgement)- the priest can lifegrip the pally back once Eye 2 is down

Feral Kitty - Eye 4 >Boss/claw

DK - Eye 4 >Boss/claw

Rogue - Eye 3 > Boss/claw

I'd have your priest run disc for this - pre-shielding for ball bounces + smite for extra boss dps is nice (you can get as much hps from atonement as a PoH later in the fight when zon ozz has a bunch of stacks)

In the video take a look at the markers we have set up - put your hunter on red , demo lock on green and 1 healer on blue (the healer on blue can hit BOTH ranged from that spot - the best thing to do is have your ranged stand in the spots they need to be for the far eyes and make sure the healer is within range of them both)- you can set this all up pre-pull with your feral kitty going stealth

Here is a video of our 1st kill - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb5sMVruecE
Creel

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:10 pm

We also did 9 bounces on the first ball, as all defensive CDs are up and will be available again later in the fight for the burn following the 4th ball. This puts more stacks up on him sooner, while preserving important CDs for the end-burn phase Using them once for the 9 stacks allows them to be off CD at the end.

So we went 9-5-5-5, with the 5s obviously being relatively trivial from both a ball dmg point of view, and a debuff coordination. For the 9 bounce ball, we popped Tranquillity after 7 bounces, and made certain all melee were close enough to the ranged for the final bounce. I used Aura Mastery just before 9, and I think the tank used a CD as well.

After we came out of the 3rd black phase and were all in position (about the time he serves the 4th ping pong) we popped hero and went to 5 stacks then stacked on his ass for the 4th black phase with healers blowing all CDs, including a second Tranquillity, AuraMastery, and Totem.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Schroom » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:31 pm

so we tried this tonight for a couple of tries (after confirming our yorshaj kill), looks pretty promising tho, and if nothing really bad happens this boss schould drop this sunday when we raid next.

on thing we don't really understand from reading guides and your comments here. Why do you guys start with the high stacks? wouldn't it be more logical to put the high stacks at the and, sou you get more dps in the execute phase? so sth like 5559?
Schroom

Postby Fetzie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Whether you put on the high stacks at the beginning or the end is fairly inconsiquent, as 9+5+5 = 19, 5+9+5 = 19 and 5+5+9 = 19. However, getting debuffs on the boss sooner than later means he is lower when you start to bloodlust burn him, and there is a lesser chance of having to spend an extended amount of time in the Party phase at the end of the fight.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)