Remove Advertisements

[Druid] Bear Discussion

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Amirya wrote:
Astronomic wrote:O, I misunderstood you. I thought you ment it like "You might want to dodge more so you don't get hit since you get hit harder"

Nah, he needs to dodge more so he doesn't have a pack of 5 or 6 charhounds eating his furry ass.

(They don't like the taste of plate, though. Or else the healers like me better than him!)

well since you are dating our holy priest.....

and yes plate classes do get a benefit from agil

they still get crit...

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Astronomic » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:11 am

bldavis wrote:I'm not sure about pallies but warriors and bears dont use hit/expir
survivability is more important then an extra 300dps

Well that other thread got closed out so I'll respond here. Not including reforging to dodge expertise to soft cap is a bear's second best green stat after mastery. You may think its crit because more crit = more savage defense procs right? Well with more expertise you will gain more crits per minute than with an equal amount of crit rating.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:30 am

i based my previous post on ask mr robot refoging suggestions
im not sure if i am at soft cap or not....>.>

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:00 am

Looking for some unput.

Me

1.) I know I don't have any enchants. I just dinged, and I'm making this guy "earn" his enchants off D/E mats from runs, selling things, etc... I know that I have 20agi/30 stam gem where 40 agi's should go. (chest / Relic) those were 40g each, 40 agi's are 250 right now. They will get changed.

2.) I know I have a "weird gem" in the boots. It is for Meta activation.

3.) Do I want the earthen ring Head Enchant? Or the Ramkahen?
4.) Same thing with Therazane?
5.) How's my spec? Look right?

Any other tips/tricks?
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:25 am

i go with earthen ring, but iirc rahkahen is more dodge (im too lazy to change it)
therazane you want the agil one

spec looks ok
esp for gearing up

the only weird thing about your boot gem is its not shifting or pussiant
the one you have is ok

bldavis

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks BL. I went with the dodge / stam gem because it was sitting in the Gbank, and I will only be using it until I get another yellow slot.
Shoju

Postby cerwillis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:24 am

I think you look fine to tank troll runs. Maybe a crafted belt if you have the means to get one, but I'm sure you have your eye on something. Mainly, just get in there and smash stuff. Nothing is reactive like Pally or DK, you just have to thrash around and keep aggro, and you will probably have your healer compliment you just because you know how to not stand in shit.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:28 am

I'm waiting on the crafted belt to be "crafted" and mailed back to me currently, yes.

Well, I will give a troll run a go tonight and see how it works out. I've been a little sad so far in normal heroics. Threat hasn't been an issue........ because I've been top dps :(
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:10 pm

hell there are times when im competeing for top slots in trolls even

if you have any questions, just catch me online, or PM me here or in game

looks like you are well on your way though!

bldavis

Postby Aoaga » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Been on site for a while and finally registered. I have a ton of toons due to severe case of Alt-idas / easy to tire of pressing same buttons doing same thing. However, I have found that I really enjoy playing the Druid. Finally got around to leveling one, and wow did it go fast. And it is nice ot be able to do so many different things (and man if INSTA-Flight-Form doesn’t spoil ya I don’t know what will)….and its really nice for herbalism seein as you don’t have to change form. In any case, I dinged 85 recently, and want to TANK. I have no desire to run anything other than the new HoT Heroics due to gear being really crappy from anything else. I have crafted the 377 PvP Vicious leather set, reforged to 40 percent dodge. I had made a 359 Polearm Scythe thing. Have some enchants, 2 decent trinkets (Alch/another BoE one). Self buffed closing in on 200K health with 40 percent dodge and trying for expertise as second go-to stat. Do you see this as being viable for tankin those runs and getting some PvE gear for DS raid. I actuallly already qualify for the Raid Finder, but read so much crap about people hating on others in PvP gear. But as a Feral Bear….really….I can shell out 12K plus DPS while tanking…..in PvP gear….is that horrible? Thoughts….
Aoaga

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:03 pm

PVP gear is viable for bears only, as our main stats (agil, stam, armor) are all tied to ilvl
but really the pvp gear needs to be higher ilvl then the raid tier or you are better off with PVE gear

4.3 heroics are a great place to start, and if you have tanked LFR before, nothing changes
i would suggest running the first few with guildies, pref an experienced bear if you have access to one, just to get the basics down

if you can provide a armory lnk, or at least a toon name and server, myself and the other bears on here would be able to help more

bldavis

Postby Aoaga » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks for input, when I meant i recently dinged, i meant like last nite. Havent played him at 85 yet except to unlock firelands for ring and Thrall Q-line for cloak. I was in leveling greens and blues and that just sucked. I got all that gear, and did some HoT runs as kitty (I have a Bear/Cat hybrid spec right now not pure DPS or pure tank....and did fine was usually second on meters. But I was wanting to tank them now as I like the shorter ques, free loots (sack of tank que joy).....and being the leader / pace setter. Thanks again for response.

and we dont have a Bear guildie tank. We have multiple kitties and a gang of restos (none of whom are remotley interested in tanking)...we had a bear in Wrath but after the Cata changes he all but Nerd quit WoW and was all up in arms about how they killed Bears (which is partially why I didnt roll one for so long)....but he must have been reall spoiled by wrath casue my current Cata Bear is really fun / strong.
Aoaga

Postby Aoaga » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:39 am

So I sauntered back over to my old (Original) Alliance server this weekend. Gave my Hunter Main a quick once over / friend check in / Mogg investigate. And ran across an old level 60ish Druid I had been leveling over there. I must have race changed him at Cata launch to Worgen because I think I started him as a NE in Wrath. My comment is this, why couldn’t they have made the Worgen “Cat” for more Worgen like / dog like / or used their “mount form” instead. The fur around the collar discerns them from NE druids but it isn’t much difference. The Tauren/Troll difference is really visable. Feels like they kinda weren’t sure how to go about bear/cat form for werewolves (not that I would be either)….thoughts?...
Aoaga

Postby Aoaga » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:01 am

Hey BL….with Bear Tanks being the only tanking class where Mast < another stat (in our case AGI/STA for starters)….how do you trinket? STA trinkets / AGI Trinkets…..the Tol Barad one(s) are decent starter trinks for the other classes, but having all that Mastery decent? I am still using my crafted Alchy AGI or STA one in addition to Unheeded Warning which is big AGI plus AP boost. But looking to upgrade trinket(s) first with Valor points….thoughts?
Also, what piece(s) would YOU upgrade first from Valor Points if all of your current (chest/legs/hands )gear had the same iLevel?
Aoaga

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Upgrading always the biggest upgrade (stat-wise) is generally the way to go.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes