Hunter Tier Question

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Hunter Tier Question

Postby firstamendme » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 pm

I have a hunter alt that I want to start taking relatively seriously (Cbhips - Dark Iron US horde). My question mainly revolves around tier gear, but I have a secondary stat question as well. To put this in context, I want to maximize my damage, but will likely not see anything higher than raid finder raids until pandas invade. That said:

1) I just got raid finder chest token. However, I only have 2pc of the previous tier at the moment and happen to have chest and gloves. In order to equip the chest, I'll have to break the 2pc: http://www.wowhead.com/item=71054 (I know its the normal version, but the 2pc is the same). Obviously I'm going to try and purchase the legs from that tier so I can sustain the 2pc, but my question is whether or not the bonus for survival spec is worth waiting to equip the new LFR tier item until I can maintain it.

2) EJ says that the secondary stats are really close for survival. Is MrRobot good for survival? I've never used it (as most of my other dps alts have pretty clear-cut secondary stats) so wasn't sure if it was viable.

Thanks for any and all assistance!

PS: Yes, my toons name is Child Bearing HIPS. Female orcs totally bring it.
firstamendme

Re: Hunter Tier Question

Postby bldavis » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:17 pm

i personally use reforginator and http://femaledwarf.com/ for my hunter tweaking

as for tier, i would wait until you got the legs for T12 before you use the token, and pray you get a helm or shoulder token next (note this is before i look at your armory)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby warden » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:13 am

Fair warning though, Femaledwarf sometimes badly overvalues haste (to the tune of double its actual stat weight sometimes), so be careful and take it with a grain of salt. It did this to me in my Survival setup on my alt (~390/4pT13) and caused me some significant dps loss and rotation problems until I cross-checked it with Simcraft and got the right numbers.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Aoaga » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:26 am

as for tier, i would wait until you got the legs for T12 before you use the token, and pray you get a helm or shoulder token next (note this is before i look at your armory)[/quote]

^^ Agreed here. And it is not going to take you forever to get the Legs in any case, if your DPS is a tad off for Raid Finder runs too, its not the end of the world....I always find that 20K DPS for the entire fight is > 30K DPS for 30 seconds and you die...
Aoaga

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes