Real ID Groups -- Raid Achievements/Mog Loot/Mount Seekers

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Real ID Groups -- Raid Achievements/Mog Loot/Mount Seeke

Postby theckhd » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:19 am

What times would be good for you two? We briefly discussed starting ~30 minutes earlier next week. I want to knock out some of the weirder (non-meta) achievements, but we could always do another drake run the following week. And of course, Yogg+0 and several of the other hard modes will probably get done next week anyway.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:12 am

Thank you to everyone that showed up and a special thanks to theckhd for herding the cats.

Benebarba, warden, anafielle, bldavis, theckhd, Hrobertgar, and Sabindeus were all there (if I'm forgetting you, I apologize) along with a number of other friends. A couple of us had to bow out before the end but I think most everyone had a good time. I know I did.

We learned a couple things too. That bldavis' hunter pet does not serve as a seeing eye dog as bldavis plummeted to his death on the treacherous Kologarn bridge. Exorcism spamming paladins actually make for decent tanks. Mole machines are incredibly shiny and tempting as we had a couple people port out right before we pulled Iron Council. Going for the achievement [Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare] in one pull made theckhd look like he was Justin Beiber running away from a throng of crazed fans and that shields just aren't made like they used to be as theck had to grab a replacement shield as 30 tiny.angry.dwarves were beating on him.

I'll set up next week's run for the oddball achievements that theckhd mentioned. I'm also going to set up a Sunday 10 man only run for Hrobertgar. Even though he already had his 25 man meta, he graciously helped us out on a night he surely didn't have to. Let's try to return the favor for Hrobertgar. I hope many more will sign up for next week and don't forget about theckhd's FL run on Thursday. We've gotten quite a bit of interest so let's keep it going.

Thanks again and we'll see you next week!

Edit: Original post updated with new runs, take a peek.
Last edited by Cogglamp on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cogglamp

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:33 am

theckhd wrote:What times would be good for you two? We briefly discussed starting ~30 minutes earlier next week. I want to knock out some of the weirder (non-meta) achievements, but we could always do another drake run the following week. And of course, Yogg+0 and several of the other hard modes will probably get done next week anyway.

Unless you guys are doing mid-day raids Sun-Thur, I wouldn't be able to join at all. Fri-Sat would be just about any time outside of our normal raid times (8pm-12am CST.)

I'm currently GMT+1.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:39 am

im down for the sunday 10man! :D

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:49 am

theckhd wrote:What times would be good for you two? We briefly discussed starting ~30 minutes earlier next week. I want to knock out some of the weirder (non-meta) achievements, but we could always do another drake run the following week. And of course, Yogg+0 and several of the other hard modes will probably get done next week anyway.

Because of my work schedule, I can only do Friday-Sunday. (I work Monday-Thursday, 830a-7p, and I'm in Arizona, so we don't have DST; I'm also going to school, which adds to the time restrictions.)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:00 am

This discussion really makes me wish they'd just resolve the connectivity/localization issue between US and EU accounts.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:02 am

bldavis wrote:im down for the sunday 10man! :D

There is a possibility I'll be available as well. I have a few more of the 10 man achievements to work on, myself. I'll post back when I know more. Definitely up for the next 25 man.

Also, last night's run made Erithorn very happy as he has now has completed his transmog set... though he's a mount collector, so he may be up for another run too. I'll pass on the info.

Edit: Other fun thing learned: apparently Lan'dalock still gives out the LK raid boss quests and 85's can still be rewarded by them. I snagged an easy 130-something JP and some gold from something I was going to be doing anyway :D ... so it's worth checking if you're doing a LK raid run.
benebarba

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:19 am

benebarba wrote:Also, last night's run made Erithorn very happy as he has now has completed his transmog set... though he's a mount collector, so he may be up for another run too. I'll pass on the info.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully we'll get him his mount soon enough.
Cogglamp

Postby Sagara » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:20 am

Nikachelle wrote:This discussion really makes me wish they'd just resolve the connectivity/localization issue between US and EU accounts.

A - 'freaking - men. I don't care how much of a fool I'd paint myself - enjoying an evening togheter would be pretty fun...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby theckhd » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:06 am

Cogglamp wrote:I'll set up next week's run for the oddball achievements that theckhd mentioned. I'm also going to set up a Sunday 10 man only run for Hrobertgar. Even though he already had his 25 man meta, he graciously helped us out on a night he surely didn't have to. Let's try to return the favor for Hrobertgar. I hope many more will sign up for next week and don't forget about theckhd's FL run on Thursday. We've gotten quite a bit of interest so let's keep it going.

I'd be down for helping, but I can't make Sunday nights (raid from 9PM EST on). However, if Hrobertgar or someone else wants to set up a run for Tues/Wed, I'll chip in. Alternatively, we can plan on doing 25-man "weird" achieves next Monday, 10-man "mount" achieves the following week, 10-man "weird" achieves the next week, and so on.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:21 am

Not sure if it was mentioned here, but how exactly does this whole thing work? Do you all zone in to, for example, Ulduar on your own realms and you're all magically in the same instance or is it a drop-down in the Raid Finder tab?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:25 am

Auto-magically end up in the same instance. You can also mass summon x-realm as long as you're inside the instance (it will give you an error if you're outside).
theckhd

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:30 am

theckhd wrote:I'd be down for helping, but I can't make Sunday nights (raid from 9PM EST on). However, if Hrobertgar or someone else wants to set up a run for Tues/Wed, I'll chip in. Alternatively, we can plan on doing 25-man "weird" achieves next Monday, 10-man "mount" achieves the following week, 10-man "weird" achieves the next week, and so on.

I wasn't quite sure how to handle it. I wanted to try and give back something to you for raid leading it and herding the mindless cats and also for Hrobertgar for signing up very early on when we needed a little momentum.

I'm happy either way frankly but might be more inclined to just alternate people through as it might add a bit of longevity to the project and let people have a bit more down time throughout the week. I'll try to touch base with Hrobert and see what his thoughts are.
Cogglamp

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:30 am

I had a lot of fun running with everyone. Sunday would work fine for me for a 10m run, Thursday is iffy as its nominally a progression run on my Healer, although sometimes we get the night off for one reason or another.

As far as achieves, the group I did my recent 25m runs with has a rough schedule where they alternate raids with some of the time-consuming achieves like Iron Dwarf and Nine Lives from runs where they will WIPE to get things like Kologarn eye beams and Vezax, Thorim and Hodir special achieves. If a raid isn't doing the time consuming achievements, more people are willing to wipe once or twice for some of the other ones. Aside from some achievements being mutually exclusive, some of them are simply a lot easier when not worrying about the metas.

Going for the achievement [Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare] in one pull made theckhd look like he was Justin Beiber running away from a throng of crazed fans and that shields just aren't made like they used to be as theck had to grab a replacement shield as 30 tiny.angry.dwarves were beating on him.

Will this be on U-tube for the folks that didn't make it?
I guess we can put him through it again in a couple of weeks, that'll teach him to carry more backup shields :lol:
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:34 am

theckhd wrote:Auto-magically end up in the same instance. You can also mass summon x-realm as long as you're inside the instance (it will give you an error if you're outside).

That's pretty awesome.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General