multiple spec setups management

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

multiple spec setups management

Postby Ironshield » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:30 am

So I have my current two specs setup just how I like them with all the buttons in the right place and power auras, vuhDo and dominos all setup just right. But I'd kind of like to try healing a bit with all this Int plate I've picked up along the way, and I should really grab a two hander and do some PvP as ret... but I don't want to just lose all the hard work I've put into my PvP setup. My primary spec will always stay Prot PvE unless something REALLY drastic happens.

So my question is, is there an addon or method that I can use to make a copy of my current setup so that j can get back to it. I have Talented for dealing with the talents although that is frankly the least of my problems... I could just print those out. Preferably something that could make a local copy of my macros as well as Ive run out of space for more of those.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Ironshield

Re: multiple spec setups management

Postby Epimer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 pm

I know you didn't ask about this specifically, but Action Bar Saver is really nice if you play more than two specs.

I think there are some profiling add-ons which will let you switch between two UIs easily (rather, between a set of profiles in a bunch of different add-ons) but I've never used them so can't vouch for them.

I try to keep my UI consistent between roles and toons anyway because it means less likelihood of confusing myself with UI elements, but then I don't PvP so don't have that (separate?) set of requirements to worry about.
Epimer

Postby Koatanga » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Definitely Action Bar Saver. I know you can save VuhDo profiles as well, but I don't recall if that saves spells with it or just layouts.

I don't know how much you use VuhDo as ret - I am always either prot/prot or prot/holy. When I was a lad, retribution was lol, and since I played a rogue first I got my fill of melee DPS, so I never pursued ret. But I digress. If you don't use VuhDo for much as ret, you might want to set up that as your healing spell set.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Ironshield » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:10 am

I suppose if I set up secondary VuhDo for holy then it will still be good for PvP as off healing is all Ill use it for in PvP whether I'm prot or holy anyway. Don't taunt much in PvP, and when I do it's always directed at the enemy rather than the ally.

*(You can taunt pets, in case people are wondering why I'd ever taunt in PvP :) its quite fun to taunt a hunter pet to run all the way over to you when the hunter is trying to focus the healer down :) most good hunters have pet attack bound to every ability anyway, but even a little confusion in the AI makes me smile)
Ironshield

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros