Halazzi - Spirit of Lynx question

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Halazzi - Spirit of Lynx question

Postby Dnasheen2 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi everyone,

We have been having alot of trouble on this boss and the best attempt we have is 16% (usually more like about 40-50%).

What we have been doing is to ignore the Spirit and keep dps on Halazzi himself and the totems whenever they pop.

However, I suspect that our dps is not high enough to bring Halazzi's health down fast. As a result, over time, we start losing our DPS/Heals in Phase2. We spend alot of time in Phase2.

Hence, I am thinking that we should start DPSing the Spirit instead. I think that the Spirit and less health, and the 2 forms merge anyways as long as 1 of them hits 10% health right?

Any suggestions?
Dnasheen2

Postby Ahms » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:31 pm

That's what we did since the Spirit seemed to go down a lot faster. Our bear tank has much better avoidance than I do, so he tanked the boss while I picked up the spirit, they killed it quick and the totems, rinse repeat

We spread out more on our successful attempt for the lightning, but I'm not sure if it really made a difference or if our healers were just on the ball more
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Ahms

Postby Dnasheen2 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:39 pm

yah, I think that will be what we will try next. To burn down the Spirit instead of the Troll.

Most of the strats I've read up on talks about just concentrating on the Troll form. However, I neglected to realize that these strats are written by guilds who are well into T5 content if not T6.

It might doable with a grp equipped in Kara/Heroic gear, but it is certainly not working for us.
Dnasheen2

Postby Andox » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:50 pm

In my guild we are equipped with KZ/Heroic/Badge gear, most of use have 4-5 badge gear, and rest KZ epics. We always nuke down the humanoid while I OT the Spirit behind the MT. This is the tactic that we found usefull. It´s not a hard fight. But it put aslot of pressure on the healers.
Andox

Postby 2ndNin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:21 am

We downed it last night, 4th try (our first ever run at it), first and third tried I got smashed in < 1min so we never hit phase 2 (unlucky hit with the lash + other hits / parry). First try I mt'd, its fairly easy to hold him, or him + lynx at all times, but the hefty hits are hard in phase 1 times (I died ending our 2nd attempt with him on < 1% health :( ).

What worked for us in try 4 though was our warrior on the haz for the fight (he has more hits / armour than me so has a better buffer), and me picking up the lynx with a consecration (step forward onto the boss and lay it under him otherwise you may miss the lynx), and the dps tackling the lynx, neither of them hit hard so have a member calling the totems and all dps on those like the demon chains in illhoof.

A key thing is that in phase 2 get hunters / shamans to put up nature resistance auras / totems as this will reduce the damage taken across the raid by a lot, meaning your healing is a lot lighter, its still an endurance fight but everyone but the mt can take a lot of nature damage (2-3K ish per hit) so reducing this helps a lot.

Split your healers, 1 on mt, one on ot and 1 raid / both tanks, keep them above 10K at a minimum (on 16K armour I was getting smacked for 10K by lashes some of the time), phase 2 they don't hit hard and phase 3 keep both tanks high (overheal), its a short phase and not really hard but you need to keep the mt up near full and the ot capable of taking multiple lashes close together.

Equipment wise we are T4 / Kara stage, and we downed it in 7mins. One thing to watch is that the lynx seems to randomly change targets every so often and smack another person in melee range, so moving it from the mt can be useful, but he shouldn't be hit that hard anyway.
my 0.02
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Return to Zul'aman