Real ID Groups -- Raid Achievements/Mog Loot/Mount Seekers

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Real ID Groups -- Raid Achievements/Mog Loot/Mount Seeke

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:13 am

oh MAN theck i have actually never done any Firelands at all. I would love to go. I've got:

Sabindeus, Paladin, decent tank and dps sets (378/384)
Shinkuu, Hunter, mostly 378

only problem is y'all will have to teach me the fights <_<
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:29 am

good idea sabin!

i have
Catagon - feral/feral druid
Nelha - Resto/enh shaman
Gleagh - surv hunter
and
Chaanii - arms/prot warrior
(ill update this later with links and ilvls)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:32 am

That's not a problem Sabin, I don't require previous experience or impose any gear requirement. I literally once took a ret paladin (from Blackrock, pugged via trade) who hit 85 earlier that day, and was using this trinket from a pre-Cata Swamp of Sorrows questline.

I generally give a quick explanation of each fight if someone needs it, but the first 6 are easy enough that they barely take an explanation. Rag is the only one that takes a significant amount of training/coaching.

Shame this thread didn't come up a day earlier, you guys could have come on the run last night. No rag this week, sadly, but the first 6 were cleared in about an hour.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby benebarba » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 am

This thread, I like.

PM incomin Cogglamp. :D

Theck, I recall you mentioning last week that some of your guildies would be taking over the FL run now that you'd finished your legendary? Either way, I'm generally still interested. It was fun :D
benebarba

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:06 pm

theckhd wrote:Shame this thread didn't come up a day earlier, you guys could have come on the run last night. No rag this week, sadly, but the first 6 were cleared in about an hour.

I have been pondering how to tackle this for awhile and finally decided last night (after realizing that I didn't have time to run with your group) to just get it up somehow.

My hope is to get a few smooth runs in the beginning to pique people's interest and possibly spread word of mouth. Let's hope for good things on Monday. Plus, it gives me something else to think about besides the AH thread.
Cogglamp

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Quick census - any EU interested?

I'm mostly Horde, but I got a DK that I could gear up for that.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:35 pm

I know Andurin mentioned being EU but didn't say what faction. My offer still stands, I'm happy to be an organizing assistant for any EU people, Hordies, or folks in another time zone from the EST.
Cogglamp

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:39 pm

Sagara wrote:Quick census - any EU interested?

Certainly.

Alliance side: I've got a priest I'd like to finish up Firelands on (disc main spec... can dps if REALLY needed but don't expect much). Alternatively I've got a warrior tank, a resto druid (gear's a bit meh) and a death knight tank.

Horde side: I've got a holy paladin with a tank offspec (although her offspec gear is a bit unfinished)
Last edited by Nikachelle on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Original post updated with EU players who have expressed an interest. Nothing concrete yet.
Cogglamp

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm always up for something to do when not raiding. I have several chars / roles on both alliance and horde, I don't care what we doing as long as it's fun! :)

EU, that's it. My best geared chars are Horde, right now, though.

Poke me if you want to join my (already impressively huge) friendlist ^_^
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dibdib » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Sagara wrote:Quick census - any EU interested?

Certainly.

Alliance side: I've got a priest I'd like to finish up Firelands on (disc main spec... can dps if REALLY needed but don't expect much). Alternatively I've got a warrior tank, a resto druid (gear's a bit meh) and a death knight tank.

Horde side: I've got a holy paladin with a tank offspec (although her offspec gear is a bit unfinished)

Oooh I could be up for this (EU alliance side). Would especially like to do Firelands (would have to learn fights, I did almost no raiding pre DS) on either my mage or my pally, but happy to dps in DS on my mage too.

Will wait and see which days people are free, and who is interested :)
Dibdib

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:20 pm

benebarba wrote:Theck, I recall you mentioning last week that some of your guildies would be taking over the FL run now that you'd finished your legendary? Either way, I'm generally still interested. It was fun :D

Yeah, Alice and Mindfade will be doing it every week (including last night). I was inviting people from realid who came to last week's run. Luckily I don't have to put the group together anymore, which is nice. I still end up raid leading it, though.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Shoju » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:22 pm

If and when I get my Lock to 85, I would love to come on a FL run if I can make it work. Especially if me being a nub in bad gear isn't a "huge" deterrent :)
Shoju

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Not a problem at all.
theckhd

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Provided that Monday's run goes off well, I'd like for people to suggest raids they might like to do for the next run.

They certainly don't have to be epic runs. I wouldn't mind 8 manning Sarth 3D to max out achievements or if you have an achievement that's staring at you, waiting to be completed. Let's get it done for each other and help out a fellow paladin.

We've had a great response so far and some great players have tossed their hat into the ring so let's try to return the favor. Don't be shy and be sure to tell your guildees.
Cogglamp

PreviousNext

Return to General