Remove Advertisements

Real ID Groups -- Raid Achievements/Mog Loot/Mount Seekers

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Real ID Groups -- Raid Achievements/Mog Loot/Mount Seekers

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 am

After reading a couple of posts by people wanting to group up for raid achievements and having the pleasure to group up with a few here already to help theck get his legendary staff, I thought I'd try to organize a weekly run for those interested. As this will require Real ID, I'd ask those that are interested to PM their Real ID.

My intent is to keep this original post updated weekly with the planned run.

Given that I am an EST time player, this might not work out for those on the West Coast/Mountain regions. If there is someone willing to organize groups for those on the West Coast or those that simply cannot make the suggested times, please let me know. I will be happy to split this into two groups (or three if there is enough interest) and try to keep it updated for all. Additionally, I am Alliance so my offer to any Horde is similar to above. I'll keep it updated if you can just supply the intended run and time.

I'd like this also to be opened up to your own guild members. Not only does it increase our chances at filling up more quickly, making some new friends along the way is a nice bonus. Given that our friends list are limited, I don't need each of your guild members trying to add me so long as I have you on my list. Please give me a rough headcount if you think guildees might be interested.

Feel free to offer suggestions on raids, mounts you're seeking, loot you're dying for, etc. I'd like this to be as inclusive as possible as I've come to enjoy this forum very much and would like to try and give something back to the group.

Without further ado...

ICC 25 - Farewell to Cata

Region: Americas
Faction: Alliance
Date: Monday, 8/27/12
Start Time: 8:30-9:00pm EST
Organizer: Cogglamp
Notes: Let's bid adieu to our static talent trees and say hello to some old friends. Theck needs a few more shards to push for his Shadowmourne so let's try to lend a hand to a scholarly gentleman who's helped us with our own paladin-ing problems. Hope to see you there. Send me a PM if I don't have you on my list.

Wonton's Glory of Cata Raider

Date: Every Saturday as long as there's people looking for achievements
Start Time: 8:30-9:00pm EST
Organizer: Wonton
Note: Come get your Drake of the East Wind! Free rolls on everything. PM me with your Real ID.

Sunwell Plateau Funsies

Faction: Horde
Date: Fridays
Start Time: 11:59pm EST
Organizer: Drunkenheifer
Notes: MOG gear, Legendary Bow, reliving the pain of M'uru? Come get your fill of the Sunwell and drink in the goodness of smashing demons, foul beings, and saving Kalecgos. Just don't burn him too fast... :P PM Drunken with interest

EU Side Roster

Region: EU
Interested Parties: Sagara (Horde & possible Alliance)
Andurin (Alliance)
Nikachelle (Horde & Alliance toons)
Worldie (Horde & Alliance toons)
Dibdib (Alliance)
Bunni (Horde)
JoeBravo (Horde & Alliance)
claisa (Alliance & Horde)
Malkieri (Alliance)
Note: Will keep this ongoing until a Horde side player volunteers.
Last edited by Cogglamp on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:12 am, edited 69 times in total.
Cogglamp

Re: Real ID Groups -- Raid Acheivement/Mog Loot/Mount Seeker

Postby Andurin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:22 am

Love the idea, and hope someone will set up an european version of this aswell!
Andurin

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:51 am

I also approve of this idea. Sadly the only friends I have still playing WoW are Horde and I find that unacceptable for my paladin.

Sadly I can't attend your inaugural Glory run because of semiregular Sunday commitments. :( If you do any other runs please keep this thread updated, I'd love to break out my tank again.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:52 am

I would love an Ulduar10 run on my Holy/Exo pally, as recently I completed ALL uld25 achieves other than the one where you use bomb bots to blast scrapbots (Nerf Scrapbots I think). In the process, learned some interesting ways to get many of the non-metas while doing the meta achieves.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:56 am

Thanks Sabin. I'll make note of your Sunday commitments.

If the majority of people are precluded from Sunday runs, I have no problem moving this around or possibly making additional runs. If anyone has the slightest bit of interest, please speak up. It will make it a lot easier for me to dedicate times for people if I know there is an interest.

If you've come to troll, I don't mind that either. I'll enjoy the free bump. :P
Cogglamp

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:13 am

I'd love to help, but I have raid commitments Thursday-Sunday evenings. The Thursday commitment is a regular Firelands 25N run though, as you know, and that's open to anyone who wants to join us via realid. The more the merrier, really - I much prefer bringing Maintankadins that I know via realid than having to pug people from Blackrock.

I'd be able to help on M-W evenings, preferably ending before 11 EST. I can tank or dps (as appropriate) on Paladin, Warrior, Warlock, Hunter, Rogue, Mage, or Druid.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Shoju » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:13 am

Curse you Alliance people.
Shoju

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:32 am

Shoju wrote:Curse you Alliance people.

No Alliance alts to speak of? Darn shame...

I'm going to go ahead and move it to Monday nights. If we get enough interest, I will be happy to organize additional nights.
Cogglamp

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 am

i love this idea, have no plans on mondays, and can bring w/e you need
id be more comfortable with dps/heals but can tank if it comes down to it

iirc you have my realid already cogg. if not PM me and ill give you my info

edit: same thing for the FL run, im generally free on thuirsday nights too
Last edited by bldavis on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby warden » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:58 am

I'm generally free on Mondays, and just spend them either pugging or helping out various friends' runs here and there, so I'd be glad to come along and meet some fellow maintankadins. I have sets for all 3 specs for my pally, as well as half a dozen other 85s that I could bring to help if needed. For more current content, feel free to sign me up as a Ret/Prot/Holy pally or Disc/Shadow priest (my two "main" toons), and for older stuff I can bring whatever.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:04 am

Cogglamp wrote:Theck's Blazing Firelands Soiree (25 man)

Date: Every Thursday
Time: Generally starts 9:00-9:30pm EST
Attendees: Theckhd
Tentative: N/A
Need: Generally a warm body
Note: I believe the embers for the legendary are on reserve for theck's guildmates; need to confirm. I'm happy to coordinate interest from people here and pass it along to theck in order to keep PMs to a minimum. Real IDs will certainly help.

The Seething Cinders and siphons are reserved, yes. The embers (the first stage of the quest) are an open /roll.

It's usually a quick ~1 hour clear of 6/7. We often 1- or 2-shot Rag, depending on how many bad pugs/alts we have to bring. Obviously, the more maintankadins that show up, the more likely a quick 1-shot rag is.

We usually aim to start at 9:00, if possible. It often takes until 9:30 to fill the group if we have to rely on trade chat, though.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:31 am

Thanks warden and theckhd. Updated with your info. I can confirm the theck runs too. They're darn fast and lots of fun.

Just be careful if Meloree shows up to the FL run. He loves to play raid cleave bingo for giggles. :)
Cogglamp

Postby Shoju » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:39 am

Cogglamp wrote:
Shoju wrote:Curse you Alliance people.

No Alliance alts to speak of? Darn shame...

I'm going to go ahead and move it to Monday nights. If we get enough interest, I will be happy to organize additional nights.

My warlock is 83.5 right now. I'm more interested in getting him to 85 than mog gear right now :(
Shoju

Re: Real ID Groups -- Raid Achievements/Mog Loot/Mount Seeke

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:41 am

If you change your mind, just let me know.
Cogglamp

Re: Real ID Groups -- Raid Achievements/Mog Loot/Mount Seeke

Postby Kelaan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:57 am

The Thursday commitment is a regular Firelands 25N run though, as you know, and that's open to anyone who wants to join us via realid. The more the merrier, really - I much prefer bringing Maintankadins that I know via realid than having to pug people from Blackrock.

That sounds like tremendous fun, and makes me wish the numbers were PST rather than EST. :D
Kelaan

Next

Return to General