Remove Advertisements

pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:32 am

There's 4 (actually, 8 with pirate factions) Epic Quest chains.
One for every faction, and the corps you listed aren't in the same chain.

Yes, I realize there are different sections, but I want to do all 4, and there doesn't seem to be much point in starting them until I can unlock all 4. I thought the Pirate chains were only level 3 arc, and I'm probably not going to attempt to grind that afterwards.

Yesterday I finally unlocked Amarr, so 2 down and 2 togo. Minitry of Internal Order does have a lvl 4 security mission guy, and I did solo several missions, so that makes me feel good as I eventually get closer to the epic arc(s). I thought the money from the lvl 4s was good, the loot was ok, but until I got a storyline mission, the rep was worse than vl 3s. Its just taking on 4 BS each with 1.2M bounty takes a while right now.

If seems like it might be 2 weeks per rep for me given my playtime, that'll be potentially a month togo till starting epicness.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:06 pm

gosh I hate Distribution missions. The Gallente/Impetus faction had a lvl 3 security rep in timbuctoo so I ran the Distribution missions and it was a painfull grind till I got a security storyline mini-arc (Kidnapping). Got enough rep from that that I am almost done with Gallente, so just one more grind till all 4 arcs should be unlocked. I currently believe that only rep is required and that the skill reccomendations in the mission logs are only reccomended, not required.

I am beginning to think that if it takes me a week or so per mission chapter, then it might be 9-10 weeks to do all of them (some arcs seem to be 2 chapters, others 3). I may actually be able to fly a Marauder by the time I am done, lol.

But with only 2-3 weeks for the 4th and final rep grind at least the end of rep grinding is in sight, phew.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby aureon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:07 pm

You'll need a marauder or equivalent for the harsher ones ;p
aureon

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:23 pm

I took a little time off after Impetus, and when I finally started Brutor, I got several anti-faction missions in a row so I was on Decline CD for a long time, but I should complete Brutor for the 4th faction this weekend.

I am about 25 days togo on Battleship5, and still 20 days for AdvWeap5 and 2 days on Spaceship5, so about 50 days till Marauder minimum requirements. I've priced a Gallente Kronos Marauder at about 750Mill, plus prolly 50-500Mill for Rigs, depending on if I go T1 Rigs or T2 Rigs.

I spent about 100Mill on upgrading my slot6-10 implants. The upgrades were really nice and added a bit to my dps output and my capacitor recharge but it was still 100Mill, so I may take a little while and grind some lvl 4 missions to replenish my $$ before starting the Epic Mission Arcs. That should also allow me to get closer to the Marauder (skillwise as well as funding) before starting the Arcs. If I make enough $$ running the Epic Arcs, I may train Cyber5 so I can upgrade my implants to max level, but at 100Mill each, I'm not so certain.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby aureon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Depending on what you use, often you can use 5%s without cyb 5.
Also, they're hardly worth the money.
And that's someone worth 40b saying that.
aureon

Postby aureon » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:39 am

CCP plex for GPU (20 PLEX for a gtx 560)
Interesting.
aureon

Postby laterna » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:06 am

So is anyone else still playing? I never see anyone online anymore?

In any case, I left the corp me and invis were in, since apparently they wanted me to complete a series of lessons, and a list of skills as well as prove myself as a pilot in pvp and prove I'm worth it etc etc etc.

For anyone intrested, any time anyone gives you such utter bullshit laugh in their face and move on.

Currently I fly tengu with near perfect subsystem skills. (800dps tengu ftw) I moved out to nullsec with FA (part of CFC). I joined a corp that has a strong industrial side, with them doing exploration sites when they find them, ratting and having a team of strong fleet pvp'ers.

Getting used to nullsec is tough in the terms of getting used to JB moving, scouting the systems infront of you, paying attention to intel etc. However, the spoils of ratting/exploring and the fleet fights make up for it.

Personally I feel that anyone who ever tells you "don't get a xxxxxx, you don't have the skills for it" or "don't go to low/nullsec you don't have the experience" is someone talking out of the bittervet arse. As long as you're really careful about everything you do then its np. The same above corp had told me "don't get a raven you don't have skillzz" when I asked for advice on a fit for my then CNR. At that time I had already flown my CNR for 2 months in missions/incursions with no losses. I was also denied access to nullsec that the current corp had because I was a newbie.

1 move later, I'm sitting in nullsec in my 900M tengu ratting, and clone jumping every couple of days up to our staging system, getting in my trusty drake and blowing cupcakes up. Result ?

First ever KM - Avatar Titan.
http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt ... =03&y=2012

Most importand thing to a new player is that losses aren't bad. As long as you learn from them. When I asked in The Rising Stars about possible tengu fits when my skills were getting there, the reply was "don't buy a tengu you'll lose it and smear the killboard more" along with the rule of "you lose anything over 100M you pay 50% of the killmail price to the corp". This is an example of shitty bittervet rules for a new corp. This makes it extremely hard for anyone to take a drake or anything out into lowsec and pvp, especially since you are scowled at over losses.

Losses are expected and importand as long as you learn. No loss is ever too big or too retarded as long as you figure out what went wrong. During the fleet fight I joined that gave me the titan kill, another 2 titans died. NC had deployed around 200 abbadons/logi support and supercapital support. 3 titans died in total, at around 60B each, yet no one in NC is going all "herp you lost 60B pay 30B to corp derp"

Eve is boring PVE. Fun happens when you pick up your PVP and go at it. Be it as a scout for a fleet, a lone drake in the drake blob, scorpion E-WAR support or a cyno boat.
laterna

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:02 am

I still play a bit, its just grinding the 4 reps for the epic mission arcs was a bit draining. Since few ppl are usually on the Maintankadin channel I normally jsut stay in system channel. Running level 4s solo is taking me a bit of time in my Hyperion 30mins for an easy one and 2.5 hours for Angel Extravaganza, which means I have to be prepared for a larger time block before running a mission.

Unfortunately since I fooled around with Mining/Navigation/TargetPainting and all sorts of other skills I am a bit behind on getting into a Marauder and sub-500dps means it can take a while when going up against large fleets of battleships. I think finishing GallenteBS5 should boost my turret dps from 485 to ~509, but then I still need 20+ days to train AdvWeapUpgrade5 for the Marauder.

If I upgrade a couple of implants as well I might be able to get up near 525 turret dps. I like to measure Turret dps as it is usually safer than closing to drone range if there are multiple BSs pursuing me.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby aureon » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:40 am

2h30?
ohwait.
Tell me that dps isn't Blaster DPS?
aureon

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:52 am

I'm Gallente flying a Hyperion, my current 485 dps is Fitting sheet dps for my Hybrid turrets only(using two T2 MagFieldStabs, while maintaining good ArmorResists). It tales me 18-20 salvos to take down a rat in the 1.1M - 1.2M Bounty range, assuming ~45-50km range.

If I can close within 45km drone range fast enough and still survive, they can cut that by 1-2 salvos. The lengthy period of time to take down a rat means I am kiting them far away from the accel gate, so its a journey back to jump to the enxt area. I think completing BS5 and getting that 5% turret dps increase will mean a lot.

More salvo dps -> overcome enemy tank sooner -> fewer salvos -> less kiting -> get to next area sooner

For Angel Extraveganza, after I clear room4, I go back and loot, then finish room5 + Bonus and loot again. Typical total time is roughly 2.5hours from accepting mission to returning from looting the Bonus room.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby aureon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:15 pm

.. hu. 20 salvos. Not really used to that.
My mission ships are a CNR and a Machariel, and both take down a 1m bounty rat in the range of ~30 seconds, having 1k+ dps.
idk if you'll even manage, with some of the tougher missions.
aureon

Postby KaDa » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Ohai!
Another tankadin having gone spaceHItechpewpew reporting in.
Hrobertgar wrote:I'm Gallente flying a Hyperion, my current 485 dps is Fitting sheet dps for my Hybrid turrets only(using two T2 MagFieldStabs, while maintaining good ArmorResists). It tales me 18-20 salvos to take down a rat in the 1.1M - 1.2M Bounty range, assuming ~45-50km range.

If I can close within 45km drone range fast enough and still survive, they can cut that by 1-2 salvos. The lengthy period of time to take down a rat means I am kiting them far away from the accel gate, so its a journey back to jump to the enxt area. I think completing BS5 and getting that 5% turret dps increase will mean a lot.
Unholy... :shock:
(Then again, I once called a corpmate because I killed every battleship in a 6 hour mission but one that repped faster than I killed it, was when I played only on one toon, "upgraded" to two afterwards)
I suppose the reason I went for droneboat+missilespammer on my two toons shows here, with a domi I just popped wardens for the ones far away after taking down the close ones with Heavy/Gardes, and heavy/cruise missiles don't care about range(ish).
Nowdays I have a Rattlesnake+CNR combo (oh if my dear gallente mothers would see how I fly caldarinavy with caldarypirate ship, they'd weep).

If the 45km drone range is due to 20+25@skill_V, you might want to look at EWAR drone interfacing skill, adds +3km/level, assuming you have it at zero atmo, it will have all orbiting mission rats inside range without you needing to move.

Oh remembered a brilliant story from the 2.5 hours... While I still had only one account (flying a Dominix, my fav base BS, also cheaper to loose to experiments), once on one of the serpentis missions (single pocket, many waves) I got dampened so badly I let the sentries do just as they wish... Anyone who saw the fail coming via triggers being shot first: you are right :roll:
Ended up having 3 waves with my tank going from 100%shield to 25% armor within 30sec. Due to pride I couldn't just let it go (have it reset by downtime), and said I'll make up new and new ideas untill the die to my genious, tenacity and/or stupid. I did get the bonus time reward, but not telling more.
KaDa

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:35 pm

I have recently tried a Gank fitting (swapped my 3rd Armor hardener for a 3rd Weapon Stabilizer) for some of the easier lvl 4 missions and it totally helped, increasing my turret dps to 545. However, up against several BSs in the 1Mil bounty range I had issue and had to go back to my regular tanked mission fitting.

I have finally completed the 4th of the rep grinds and now have over 6.92 for all 4 Epic Mission Arcs. I also just completed selling all the junk from the Brutor grind and now have over 1BILLION Kredits :)

I may be in a position to start one Epic arc this weekend, but since I am 28 days from my Marauder I may wait a little while, especially as I will probably have limited playtime the next 2 weeks. I think I will probably fit the Marauder (Kronos) agrressively for highsec missions and retain the Hyperion I currently use for the unavoidable lowsec missions.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby aureon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:18 am

I know it's a bad argument, but..
Train up T1 minmatar guns and go machariel.
Even with BS IV, supports at III and T1 guns, it'll do ~1k dps and over.
aureon

Postby Invisusira » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:34 am

Invisusira

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games