Remove Advertisements

[10H] Madness of deathwing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Madness of deathwing

Postby Cema » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:43 am

timoseewho wrote:I hate this fight-_-, in a 3 hour raid, we wasted 5 attempts from people dying jumping from the 3rd to 4th platform (yellow to blue).... anyone know how to reproduce this problem so I tell my raiders NOT to do what they're doing?

For anyone having the same issue, do you happen to have people dying going from yellow->blue?

We had some people dying between platforms during our early attempts. Then we tried to have everyone really "jump" between platforms not just "run". If you just run there is a chance you won't get the buff and you will fall. We never had anybody dying after we tried to have everyone really "jump" and use space bar. Use space bar :wink:

edit : btw Thrall = most useless and retarded hero ever ... but you already knew it after you did hour of twilight. Dragon Soul and Hour of Twilight made me reconsider Garrosh
Cema

Postby Mokoshne » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:59 am

Can someone much smarter than me enlighten me as per the reasons behind doing the blue (Kelecgos) platfrom last. Is it basically impossible to AoE the bloods down without Spellweave?

If say, i chose to do the Yellow platform last (Green > Red > Blue > Yellow), then i get to keep the slow on the meteor, and can dps it down. I can put the parasites in the timezone so its not as harsh a burn as it is when its blue platform last and theres less risk with all the crap happening all at once.

It would just seem that the DPS requirements for AoEing the bloods would have to be quite high without spellweave?

what if you even ignored the bloods on the yellow platform, and just had tanks tank them while u burned cataclysm and then when you pushed into phase 2 you AoE'd them down when you get spellweave back?
Last edited by Mokoshne on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mokoshne

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:16 am

Kalegcos gives spellweave, but also 20% damage. 20% haste from Nozdormu is nowhere close to the raid dps buff that 20% straight damage gives. However as Cema says in the first couple of posts, both orders are viable for 10 man, it depends on what setup you're taking. e.g. 2t 2h = higher raid dps but lower healing throughput, so Nozdormu last is more viabble; 1t 3h = lower raid dps so Kalecgos is more necessary to meet dps requirements on 4th platform, but you've more healing throughput to deal with an unslowed bolt.

In reply to your edit, I suggest you read Cema's first few posts in this thread again, as that's exactly what his raid did.
Rhiannon

Postby Mokoshne » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:50 am

cheers Rhiannon, mustve missed it when i was reading it. Thanks cema as well for the info on the thread :)
Mokoshne

Postby Grommash » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:56 am

Yellow last is definitely doable, but I think it's a tad bit more complicated to pull off. It was initially what we toyed around with before going to blue last. There are benefits to doing it this way, but there are also downsides. 20% damage + Spellweave is WAY more damage than 20% haste provides, so typically Cataclysm timer isn't going to be an issue at all. Killing blistering tentacles for instance procs spellweave that cleaves to the arm tentacles, it might not be much but that also helps as well. The only other major advantage is because you off-tank the regenerative bloods you can absolutely DESTROY the first set of shrapnel in P2 because of spellweaving.

The three major advantages to yellow last is that raid damage is non-existent, healing is easier and you can hold onto a lot more raid CDs. The downside is your DPS is lower and you're likely locked into using BL on the platform to beat the Cataclysm timer, which may or may not pose problems depending on your strategy (we use BL in P2, but we also do blue last).

You simple can't AoE down the bloods traditionally without spellweaving. You need to single target them down, and regardless of your DPS it's going to cause too much time wasted by doing so. It's possibly to kill a couple of them to ease tanking requirements, but many (like us) opt to do some trickery to drops stacks. When we were doing it we did something like this.

-Feral initially gets them with light AoE
-Stacks get high on her, I throw on heavy AoE to pull aggro (I pop AMS to give me more time as well)
-My stacks get high, she runs to the back and I get a BoP forcing an aggro switch
-My BoP drops they come rushing back to me
-DK casts AoTD (free 20 seconds of them not targeting anybody)
-AMS when it finishes to give another 7 seconds of no stacks
-Stacks get high on me so feral does challenging shout (which is a fixate) drags them away and my stacks fall off as they rush back to me

You don't need all of the above to pull it off but you get the idea. If you killed 1-2 of them (which is probably possible) it would ease up the urgency and timing of doing all of these correctly. Just know that when trading blue for yellow you will have to deal with regenerative bloods in this fashion to some degree. Make good use of taunts, immunities, BoP, salvations, fixates and AoTD. The damage of the bloods is no joke when it gets high enough.

We initially went with yellow but traded it for blue because 2 healing P2 was very sketchy. I know we could do it 2 healing, but 3 healing for us cut down on the amount of attempts we had in P2... and when you do an encounter for 12 minutes you want to ensure that you have the easier strat for the last 3 minutes. Blue was chaotic and messy at the start, but with proper spellweaving use it's really not that bad. Just make sure you have lots of CDs for the meteor and spellweave correctly to both parasites to kill it (or come very close). A parasite going off with high health on the blue platform is probably going to be a wipe.
Grommash

Postby Telsamir » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:32 am

After 3 ( horrible ) weeks of trying, swearing and in some cases even crying we finally GOT THIS BASTARD DOWN !!! YES !

We went 1T ( Blood DK ), 6 DPS ( Shadow Priest soaking all 2nd impales ) and 3 healers from the start. We tried 2T, 2H tacs for a while but our other tank is Warrior and War really sucks on impale soaking so we went back to 1/6/3.

We also went for Kalecgos platform as the last one. This caused initial 60 seconds on the platform bit tricky but with good timing it's very doable.

Key moments are:

1st parasite - we popped hero for this one and drop it right next to big corruption tentacle
2nd impale - you need good shadow priest ( or rogue? ) who can time his dispersion to soak BOTH 2nd impale AND initial blast from elementium bolt.

After spawn of bloods you have to quickly kill corr. tentacle wait for 2nd parasite and then burn the hell out of them on top of the parasite ( we usually managed this with parasite having from 0-30% hp )

Killing last arm tentacle before DW finished cata timer was not so hard for us. We usually ended up having 5-10 seconds remaining.

The last platform was the real challenge (at least for us).
In the end we decided to kill first group of fragments then push DW fast to 15%, kill 2 terrors at the top of the bloods. Push to 10%. Kill bloods. Quickly kill fragments which already spawned and then kill terrors. Push to 5% ( DREAM ON 6% ) BURN those damned bloods down and finish DW before your healers are overwhelmed or oom.

Slowing of bloods and keeping them as one pack is probably the most important task. We used hunters' freezeing trap, Locks' glyphed S&F, and 2Arms warrior specced for piercing howl. We also had moonkin with shrooms as backup.

I can imagine that Frost DK specced to chillblains would make the whole thing with bloods pretty trivial but unfortunately we did not have one :(

Still it's pretty interesting and really demanding fight. Tha main reason is it's very long and at the end every mistake will probably cost a steep price.

But you can't give up if something is really important in this encounter then it's to keep your head cool !

I wish a good luck to everyone who is still progressing this fight.

Video from our kill : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNMuIoU ... r_embedded
Server: Wildhammer EU
Guild : La Resistance
Character : Novanuel, Night Elf Death Knight
Telsamir

Postby Galiks » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:30 am

Simplest way to down this boss:
- 1 tank > 3 heal > 6 DPS
- Green>Red>Bronze>Blue
- You should be able to push below 90% on the green/red tentacles - after that its not necessary.
- Glyphed hand of salv before every second impale. Wait until 0.5 seconds before using Big Wigs counter. You may get a third on the blue platform - figure out CDs. Major raid CDs for the bolt explosion obviously. A soaker, such as a spriest, will need to be the only one in melee range besides the salv'd tank so that the impale chooses the soaker. Melee can switch to the elementium bolt during this time period so they are not useless.
- Have two melee and the tank kill the second wave of blistering tentacles alone for Blue and let the rest stick to boss. You'll save bloodlust this way. I can usually knock down 4 quickly as ret with all CDs.
- Get Deathwing to 17% - hold DPS and kill the first wave of adds.
- Push to 15%, kill blood, push to 13%.
- Kill the second wave of adds.
- Push Deathwing to 10%, bloodlust + potions, kill bloods, continue to burn deathwing, all dream at 6%, kill bloods again, kill deathwing...

Really straightforward fight - only things that can go wrong are random gibs on blue or improper slowing of bloods on the final platform.
Last edited by Galiks on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:34 am

I still don't understand what you're doing with one tank.. so you give him a salv, and then what? Just have one random dps die?
We did it with 2 tanks 3 heals, and it didn't feel like we could go with less heals, as all were pretty much oom by the end (except the shaman).
d07.RiV

Postby Winkle » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:50 am

d07.RiV wrote:I still don't understand what you're doing with one tank.. so you give him a salv, and then what? Just have one random dps die?
We did it with 2 tanks 3 heals, and it didn't feel like we could go with less heals, as all were pretty much oom by the end (except the shaman).

Use a DPS with a big CD to soak impale, Spriest being a prime example.

See the very first post in this thread for more details.
Winkle

Postby Darielle » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:45 am

d07.RiV wrote:I still don't understand what you're doing with one tank.. so you give him a salv, and then what? Just have one random dps die?

Damage dealers have cooldowns to cheese Impale with, as long as you time it so that they're not taking multiple melee hits.
Darielle

Postby Galiks » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:13 am

At 5 seconds before the second impale, everyone moves out of melee range of the Corruption and the person soaking it moves in. A spriest with dispersion is what we use - I have not tested anything else but I've heard a rogue with Vanish is capable of this as well (I've always thought Vanish is a damage immunity, and am confused as other immunities don't work - so there may be possible other options such as a hunter's deterrence). Glyphed hand of salv is applied to the tank (who can stay in melee range since his threat will be null) at ideally 0.5 seconds before the impale is cast on a target (to negate white hits to the soaker), and then it will choose the soaker as he is the only other possible option in range.

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 am

Oh that I did know about, but we don't have an spriest or rogue so its not an option for us.. I just thought there's some other trick since none of you mentioned spriests there.
d07.RiV

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Galiks wrote:

At 5 seconds before the second impale, everyone moves out of melee range of the Corruption and the person soaking it moves in. A spriest with dispersion is what we use - I have not tested anything else but I've heard a rogue with Vanish is capable of this as well (I've always thought Vanish is a damage immunity, and am confused as other immunities don't work - so there may be possible other options such as a hunter's deterrence). Glyphed hand of salv is applied to the tank (who can stay in melee range since his threat will be null) at ideally 0.5 seconds before the impale is cast on a target (to negate white hits to the soaker), and then it will choose the soaker as he is the only other possible option in range.

Vanish (and feign death) causes the tentacle to lose its target. So, at that point, it is casting impale on no one. It doesn't function as an immunity in this case.
Belloc

Postby cncaudata » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Galiks wrote:Simplest way to down this boss:
- Green>Red>Bronze>Blue
- You should be able to push below 90% on the green/red tentacles - after that its not necessary.
- Glyphed hand of salv before every second impale. Wait until 0.5 seconds before using Big Wigs counter. You may get a third on the blue platform - figure out CDs. Major raid CDs for the bolt explosion obviously. A soaker, such as a spriest, will need to be the only one in melee range besides the salv'd tank so that the impale chooses the soaker. Melee can switch to the elementium bolt during this time period so they are not useless.
- Have two melee and the tank kill the second wave of blistering tentacles alone for Blue and let the rest stick to boss. You'll save bloodlust this way. I can usually knock down 4 quickly as ret with all CDs.
- Push Deathwing to 10%, bloodlust + potions, kill bloods, continue to burn deathwing, all dream at 6%, kill bloods again, kill deathwing...

Really straightforward fight - only things that can go wrong are random gibs on blue or improper slowing of bloods on the final platform.

Do you not aoe down Tetanus adds with bloods at all? From all the vids I've seen, people aoe down at least one pair, if not both, and they're still pretty close on the enrage timer. And how long do you sit at 12%? Everyone I've seen pushes the second set of bloods before the second set of adds - it seems like you'd be stopping dps for quite a while waiting for adds to come up.
cncaudata

Postby Galiks » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:45 pm

cncaudata wrote:
Galiks wrote:Simplest way to down this boss:
- Green>Red>Bronze>Blue

Do you not aoe down Tetanus adds with bloods at all? From all the vids I've seen, people aoe down at least one pair, if not both, and they're still pretty close on the enrage timer. And how long do you sit at 12%? Everyone I've seen pushes the second set of bloods before the second set of adds - it seems like you'd be stopping dps for quite a while waiting for adds to come up.

We have 1 tank so its kind of iffy letting Tetanus stack that high. We're plenty ahead on enrage if you follow the strat I listed previously. And you'll have bloodlust at the end. We wait for maybe ~10-15 seconds at 13% for the next wave of adds to spawn. You could do the second wave here, but its not really worth it if you have the time to spare.

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)