Remove Advertisements

[10H] Morchok

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Morchok

Postby Taeron » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:36 am

We've had the privilege of using 4 healers on this fight, sending our shadow priest into offspec. However, we might soon be replacing him with a hunter, due to him quitting the game (aren't they all?) and suddenly we're in a bit of a pickle.

Talking to our healers, they have little idea how to pull this off with just 3 healers. The healers are: priest, paladin, shaman. How do you guys, who only use 3 healers, pull it off?

Are we just making too big of a deal and should 3 heal it?
Taeron

Postby Kitmajere » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:54 am

When I've 3 healed the fight we just kept the two mobs close enough to each other that healers could cross-heal, but far enough that stomp doesn't hit both groups.
The Kochrom side takes less damage, so give that your ~alone healer, along with your more sturdy secondary stomp soaker (ex. a rogue w/ feint). Have your other two healers give him some support with hots (or beacon would work very well). Personally, I've done this as disc, and it was extremely easy to almost solo heal a side with an earth shield from our resto shammy and a few holy priest hots ticking. You can also give that side a shadow priest or shaman for some passive healing from VE or HS totem.
The fight is two-healable, so you should be able to make something work.
Kitmajere

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:13 am

Keeping them clsoe together is nerve wracking. My group also 3 heals it and we split up, as follows:

Grp 1: takes Kohcrom left
Bear tank
Resto Shammy
Rogue soaker
Shadow Priest
Hunter

Grp 2: takes Morchok right
Warrior tank
Holy Pally soaker
Resto Druid
Enhance shammy
Mage

We grouped 1 that way to minimize stomp damage and maximize self heals. Rogue can feint for every stomp and others have sufficient 'armor' to minimize incoming damage from the 107k stomp.

Group 2 started out with enh shammy soaking stomps, but that proved somewhat stressfull, so I started eating them. This naturally causes a slight problem in that the shammy needs to melee the boss AND soak a crystal, thus resulting in almost constant movement: spit a crystal - kite boss - stomp - crystal refresh - kite

I think grp 1 also has to kite a little bit to make certain the crystal folks are within 25 yrds of Kohcrom, but probably not as much. Also, note that stomp is purely physical and immunity simply makes the damage go away rather than be respread. For this fight I unglyph DivProt for at least some stomp coverage, and am ready to put Hand of Prot on the mage if he is in danger, and use Div Shield for myself to allow more focuse on the crystal group.

We generally move away from the road after the first sludge phase, then head back towards the road after the second sludge phase (limits how much trash must be cleared), and pop Hero after second sludge phase. The bosses usually fall over just before/after 3rd sludge phase.

Interestingly, there is some sort of minor bug with boss health sharing. It is possible to kill Morchok and then wipe to Kohcrom and still get loots, but killing Kohcrom and wiping to Morchok = reset (probably the intended siutation). I am not certain what causes the health sharing bug such that one of them can outlive the other, and have only observed it twice by accident.

Personally, I've done this as disc, and it was extremely easy to almost solo heal a side

I have also heard that a well geared/played Disc Priest is amazing for stomp, and that with the right gear/composition it would be two-healable, but given that most groups can meet the enrage with 4-healing I would reccomend choosing the more survivable option till you are better geared, or the fight eats one or two rounds of the impending nerf.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Cowmmunion » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:30 am

We've had a Disc Priest solo heal Kromchok- it's hairy, but we did it for our first kill. It's far far easier 4-healing it though. He would have to play pretty perfectly given his gear for us to do it.
Cowmmunion

Postby Ironshield » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:04 am

What is the cooldown on Stomp? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

How short a cooldown is needed for the non-tank soaker?

EDIT : could have sworn there was no mention of time of stomp when I looked before and now I see various references to 15s. Is this accurate?
Ironshield

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:18 am

Stomp is a 15 sec CD, which is why a rogue can soak if needed. I don't believe any other class has a CD that can be up for EVERY stomp. Otherwise any plate class can soak based on armor and health pool. I think plate dps armor level is ~ 50% reduction with like 150K-165K health and mail with shield is similar to plate dps. As a holy pally I have tank level physical mitigation ~60% with Devo Aura and like 166K buffed health in ilvl-398 gear. I believe in at least one of our other groups we have Plate dps as soakers and its fine.

A mail wearer without a shield is marginal even with the nerf. Keep in mind, assuming 5 ppl per stomp thats 3 ppl @ 107K and 2 soakers at 214K. ~40%ish reduction for a mail sans shield (Hunter, Enh Shammy) means like 130k physical damage on a toon that may only have 150k buffed. That is very low margin. I think Boomkins, Shadow priests also get upto about 40% equiv armor, but still marginal for eating regular Stomps. And that is why we put the Hunter and SPriest in the single heal group, maximizing group stomp resistance to make 1 healing feasible.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby GMPoison » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:37 pm

My guild has just killed Madness for the first time, and I think when we give H Morchok a shot we'll be 4 healing it. Can anyone tell me, keeping in mind the recent nerf, how much dps would be needed if we'd be 4 healing it?

GMPoison

Postby Cowmmunion » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:17 pm

If you killed Madness, you have the DPS to kill H porkchop. It's all about getting the mechanics down and survival - I've never heard of anyone running into the enrage timer without a lot of deaths.
Cowmmunion

Postby Calleana » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:10 am

A cooldown isn't needed for the second soaker for every stomp but can be useful as it reduces the healing needed.

Here's the napkin maths I did for our guild when we were looking at it, based on my armour as I couldn't find anyone else's on armory.
Napkin maths:
-750k physical hit split between 7 people (2 taking the damage twice) means Tank + Melee soaker take 214k, ranged take 107k
-Physical damage so armour comes off that so my armour is approx 60% so napkin maths suggests that this means Morchok soak should hit me for approx. 85,600

The most important thing is to make sure everyone stays in range if you drop one person out it bring ths damage up a lot and that is often what causes the damage to spike on the second soaker. The boss gets smaller as the fight goes on so make sure you tuck up a lot. The crystal will spawn then stomp then your soakers should run for the crystal before it explodes.

We three healed last week and put the solo healer on Kohcrom (fewer stomps and crystals) alongside a couple of raid cooldowns this worked out pretty well, remember Hand of protection for your soakers if they look low!
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Grommash » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:45 am

We 4 healed it for safety sake on our alts and had just under 2 minutes left on enrage. As long as you soak correctly and nobody dies, the DPS requirements are extremely low.
Grommash

Postby Epimer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:35 am

Cowmmunion wrote:We've had a Disc Priest solo heal Kromchok- it's hairy, but we did it for our first kill.

We four-healed it for our first two kills, but did this last night - Holy Paladin and Resto Druid on one side, Disc Priest on the other. It took him a couple of attempts, and even on the kill his side wiped and the other side had to do the last ~500k, but we got there in the end.

I don't know that it was preferable to four healing it, but it's good to know that we don't need to have 4 healing-capable toons in each raid from now on.
Epimer

Postby Calleana » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:51 am

One issue we have had on a couple of kills which I'm wondering if others have experienced.

We have killed Kohcrom and Morchok remained alive with a couple of percent health. In one try linked here http://worldoflogs.com/reports/o6m9fg3x0uiatfbg/dashboard/?s=783&e=1085 we didn't manage to kill Morchok before he killed us resulting in a wipe despite having killed Kohcrom! I think this has something to do with the distance between bosses and the damage taken not sharing across the distance. To avoid we put some more of our heavier hitters on Morchok for future attempts.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:22 am

There's a delay of a few seconds between the health pools synching, and sometimes it seems to take a bit longer than others.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 am

I was sure I posted our setup here before, but looks like I didn't:
due to us generally not having more than 2 healers present, we did this with 2 healers 4 'tanks' instead.

Morchok: druid tank, dk offtank (me, blood spec, dps gear, blood presence riding threat)
Kochrom: DK tank, feral druid OT (kitty/bear swapping)

2-tanking each stomp reduces the incoming damage and thus the healing load, making it a lot easier to two heal.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Cowmmunion » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 am

Calleana wrote:One issue we have had on a couple of kills which I'm wondering if others have experienced.

We have killed Kohcrom and Morchok remained alive with a couple of percent health. In one try linked here http://worldoflogs.com/reports/o6m9fg3x0uiatfbg/dashboard/?s=783&e=1085 we didn't manage to kill Morchok before he killed us resulting in a wipe despite having killed Kohcrom! I think this has something to do with the distance between bosses and the damage taken not sharing across the distance. To avoid we put some more of our heavier hitters on Morchok for future attempts.

If you kill Kochrom and Morchok lives, it is a wipe. If you kill Morchok and Kochrom lives, you get the kill. If things go haywire and you lose a group, it's pretty vitally important to burn down Morchok and not Kochrom.

JoeBravo: I don't know what kind of whacky world you live in where it is easier to find 4 tanks and 2 healers then 4 healers and 2 tanks. Then again, one of our 'healers' for a 4-heal on Morchok only does 6-9k HPS. We've even 3 healed it with her pulling 6k.
Cowmmunion

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)