Remove Advertisements

4.3 Talent Spec & Glyph Guide

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Hallowed ground

Postby theckhd » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 am

Lathdari wrote:I think we've reached the point where the difference between us is wafer thin, but I will note that for the molten elementals on Ragnaros, you can and should put the Consecration down before the adds have arrived, which will add a couple of extra ticks. I still agree that it's not making a significant difference though - the raid's actual dps should be able to AoE those mobs down with no difficulty.

And on heroic, where the DPS check is non-trivial, you can't use the same trick. You might be able to squeeze one tick out, at most, and even that's risky.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Re: 4.3 Talent Spec & Glyph Guide

Postby Claydon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:44 am

Do you think Glyph of Judgement is worth taking with the T13 2 Set Bonus?

Apologies if this has been talked about in another thread, I had a quick glance but couldn't see it.
Claydon

Postby Era » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:19 am

At a glance I'd say no, but I'm not exactly sure how valuable the crusader glyph is when survivability is in the picture. Part of my brain thinks I've actually seen calculations on this, but I'm posting from my mobile now so I can't be bothered to hunt it down..
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:14 am

Claydon wrote:Do you think Glyph of Judgement is worth taking with the T13 2 Set Bonus?

Apologies if this has been talked about in another thread, I had a quick glance but couldn't see it.

I personally run the judgement glyph, in lieu of the SHoR glyph. It's a small bonus that comes at the expense of some DPS; I think the opportunity cost is worthwhile.

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32341#p697028 are some rough napkin maths. I've since worked inq into my standard rotation, and am happy enough with the results.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:08 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Claydon wrote:Do you think Glyph of Judgement is worth taking with the T13 2 Set Bonus?

I personally run the judgement glyph, in lieu of the SHoR glyph. It's a small bonus that comes at the expense of some DPS; I think the opportunity cost is worthwhile.

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32341#p697028 are some rough napkin maths. I've since worked inq into my standard rotation, and am happy enough with the results.

Those numbers are wrong. The Judgement glyph is additive with WotL, which means the increase from the is only 5% of logged values. You're gaining an additional 275 absorb on each bubble (358 with Inq). And that's not accounting for overheal inefficiencies.

Frankly, Glyph of Judgement is nigh useless as a survivability glyph. It's 30-40 eHPS that's not controllable. And it comes at a decent DPS cost if you're trading the SotR glyph for it.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:27 am

Oh? Wow, thanks for the correction. Welp, guess that puts that to rest.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:03 am

Can I just check, the glyph of Holy Wrath does not bring a significant benefit in Dragon Soul, does it? The only case I think it might help is with a little bit of the Hagara trash, but that's utterly trivial.

I found the glyph invaluable at the start of Cata for stunning the many elementals/dragonkin in 5 mans and it was very nice for Ragnaros adds, but at the moment, I want to find room for a PvP glyph and am wondering about Holy Wrath being the one to go. (Yes, I am too mean to switch glyphs.) My other majors are focussed shield (again, not much trash in DS) and divine protection (really like it for Zon'ozz and for Ultraxion).
econ21

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:03 pm

econ21 wrote:(Yes, I am too mean to switch glyphs.)

Mean, or cheap? :P

Holy Wrath is probably a decent one to drop. I re-glyph from boss to boss, but I don't think I run HW for any of them in DS. The only thing I can think of that might even be stunnable are the amalgamations/bloods on spine and the fragments on phase 2 madness. And I'm not certain about any of those.

Divine Protection is one that gets swapped in and out on a fight-to-fight basis. It's invaluable for certain hard modes and useless for others.
theckhd

Postby Phonic » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:47 am

Theck,

The adds on Spine and the Frags on Madness are not stunnable.
Phonic

Postby Treck » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:49 pm

I swap glyphs all the time for DS ;(
Think i go through 14dusts each reset.
Treck

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:20 am

Phonic wrote:Theck,

The adds on Spine and the Frags on Madness are not stunnable.

The bloods on Spine are most certainly stunnable. Amalgamations are not.
Rhiannon

Postby econ21 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Rhiannon wrote:The bloods on Spine are most certainly stunnable.

Ah, that's good to know - as that's the fight my guild has got to. Guess I will have to stop being cheap, as every little helps a progress fight.
econ21

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:48 am

Holy Wrath has also worked for me on the bloods on spine, although they are usually not that mcuh trouble nowadays on normal.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby theckhd » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Feel free to unsticky/close this thread, as it's no longer relevant after today.
theckhd

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents