Remove Advertisements

How much of 1 rating equals another?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

How much of 1 rating equals another?

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:48 am

This is one of the few things I see people always comparing, but I simply do not understand it nor have I been able to find any where this is talked about.

Example: X Mastery = 500 stam

What I am trying to determine is how much Mastery is needed to equal 500 Stam to determine if Y item is better than Z item.

This is not really much of a concern in terms of finding upgrades, I just want to be able to wrap my mind around it.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Re: How much of 1 rating equals another?

Postby lythac » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:24 am

All the ratings are valued the same (primary and secondary stats) with the exception of Stamina*.

1 stamina = 2/3 rating Or if you prefer
1 rating = 1.5 stamina

Rare gems are worth 40 rating, so the stamina on a rare gem equals 40/(2/3) = 60

Rare gems are worth 40 rating, so the stamina on a rare gem equals 40*1.5 = 60

In your example 333 Mastery = 500 stamina

*pretty sure this is the case now. Used to be a lot of ratings that weren't like this but think they have all been removed.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:05 am

Not all ratings scale the same as far as % gain. Although with gems and such most ratings are reasonably interchangeable, some ratings are always going to be at least slightly more desireable than others.

I believe Crit in particular scales very badly, and requries a lot more rating per % point than most other ratings. Also, Diminishing Returns on Dodge/Parry often make them less usefull than other stats.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:14 am

I know DR and such is going to play a factor, Hrobertgar. I was merely looking for base information.

Cheers, Lythac.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:09 am

AP and SP also have slightly different itemization factors from the other ratings, but I suspect you're only interested in mast and stam.

On that note, I should mention the Stamina Conversion Ratios thread in the gear forum. That's for gems, and includes the CTC contribution for dodge/parry, but the ratios are directly comparable to the 1.5 value Lythac provided (ex: converting a Puissant gem to a Solid gem in a blue slot). It might be a useful resource depending on what you were planning on calculating.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:21 am

It was more of a general knowledge sort of thing, Theck. I've recently already converted all but four of my gems to straight up stamina. The mastery to stamina was merely an example to use as it was a quick post but I will assume the same conversion applies to dodge/parry to stamina.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Durability » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:32 pm

It's worth noting that that 1:1.5 ratio is just the one blizzard uses in terms of how much in the way of stats you get on an item. It is by no means an accurate measure of how good an item will be on you, those numbers vary a lot with your current gearset and your goals.
Durability

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations