Things to do before Pandaclysm

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Things to do before Pandaclysm

Postby halabar » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:49 am

Nikachelle wrote:Find Mr. Sea Turtle. >.>

10) Finish Salty. (Can't get that damn rare fish.....)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby poptart » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:11 am

1) Get my Prot Warrior to level 85 (65 now) and at least 378 geared so that I have a tank that I find fun playing at max level to make up for some ex-Paladin DK tank who will quitting the game from my guild.

2) Play a Monk Mistweaver in Beta to level 90 and see how much fun they are/are not. If they are the "melee combat cleric" that I have always wanted the Holy Paladin to be, then I will be main switching. If not....

3) Maintain a floor of 150k gold on my main server while doing #4.

4) Gather a guild bank full of "scarce" leveling mats for profressions that I should be able to sell off over time for profit to all those Monks and Pandas leveling up in MoP. Now I need to figure out what those mats are.

5) Gather the mats needed to either:
A) Level Enchanting/Mining on my new Monk main if I go that route or
B) Level Skinning/LW on my Monk alt if I decide to stay with someone else as Main.

6) Decide that if Monk Mistweaver is not it, do I want to stay with my Holy Paladin as my main. While it would royally screw up my personal "production chain" of professions to not level my Paladin or Monk first (that is what the 150k is for to buy Panda mats), the ideal of the "Symbiosis" Druid skill to change abilites with another class just sounds way, way, way too good to miss out on if they implement it correctly. Or else my Healy Priest....hmmmm.... or Resto Shaman...

I think that is enough.

Poptart
poptart

Postby Kelaan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:28 am

- Get my JC/Scribe to 85, and preferably my enchanter too.

- Figure out in beta how much ore it will take to level JC, budget accordingly (ouch).
- Try to do the same with Enchanting, but ... Mehhhhh.

- (Risky) Figure out which glyphs I regularly sell (or trim them based on Stede's tips), and then pre-cache inks for all of them. It's easy to get Blackfallow inks now, and trade for others, and that'll likely go away. On the other hand, there may be substantial changes to glyphs, from what I've read, so this might be a massive waste of money.

- Hoard as much money as I can so that I can get crafted PvP or other gear as soon as I hit 90, if I feel like it. :D
Kelaan

Postby djlar » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:29 am

Kill DW normal on each on my 10 toons... (currently 2/10).. can't find pugs that demand normal achieve for invite even if I killed him 9 times on my main..
djlar

Postby Cema » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 pm

get a girlfriend
Cema

Postby Dibdib » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:33 am

1. Kill Deathwing.
2. Maybe have a try at some HC mode raid bosses.
3. Get my priest to 85 (currently lv60)
4. Get all three toons moderately well geared, i.e. normal DS ready.
5. Maybe make a bit of gold pre-Pandaland to help with the quick blast to 90.

Cema wrote:get a girlfriend

Oh yeah and maybe I should do that too. We'll see. I'm just so busy these days! :lol:
Dibdib

Postby Era » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:27 am

Hmm. I want to get The Insane on my paladin before 5.0, I keep thinking it'll go away every patch I don't do it. D:

Then again, still not a 100% sure I'll buy Pandaria... Will have to wait and see, I guess!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby poptart » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:16 am

I have become interested in doing an "Ironman Challenge" with a WoW character as described in this forum thread:

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015202822?page=1Cached

So, no talents, no glyphs, no guild perks, no gear that adds stats (so white or grey gear only) and no dying.....ever. No instance runs, no buff food, no professions trained except First Aid. You can train class abilities but that is it for power-ups.

Sounds like a challenge. I think I am going to give this a try and see how far I can get. I have zero illusion that I will get to level 85 without dying ever under those conditions, I am not that good of a player. But it will be interesting.

What class do you think you would have the best shot at this with? I am thinking a pet class but do others have an opinion.

Poptart
poptart

Postby Shoju » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:40 am

hunter, warlock, or shaman would have the best bet I think.

I have toyed with doing it. I'm pretty sure I could do it with a shaman
Shoju

Postby Chicken » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:11 am

Hunter seems the best choice to me if you're seriously aiming to get up there. Feign death for emergencies, pet to tank for you, not mana based so the lack of stats/talents won't impact your resources as much as it does for mana based classes, plus a "pure" class which means they didn't add too many perks to picking your spec. It's also a pretty good class for kiting mobs with.

No mana in particular is something that'd make me pick the hunter for it, just because it'll play smoother. I tried something like this with a Mage back in the TBC days, but eventually gave up at level 30ish since I'd need to nuke my entire mana pool to kill a single enemy, the downtime got rather tiring.
Chicken

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:39 am

I get bored enough leveling through questing as is... I don't know that I could handle doing it without dungeons/pvp to break up the monotony.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:45 am

I don't think the challenge now is the same as it once was when there were open world elites, but I would go with Hunter too. When I levelled my Huntard bank alt, I only died a few times below max level, usually due to boredom leading to overaggressive/careless behavior.

I mean, when I went through Booty Bay and did the Giant Quest when it was red, I solo'd it. +5 lvl Giant elite, pawned by Huntard. Sent pet in, Mend pet a few times, pull off pet and self tank while Mend pet gets it back up, Feign, backup and rinse and repeat. Upto +6 lvl non-elite mobs are doable this way as well. I even took on 3 same level mobs many times, which was something I had previously only done as Pally. Trap 1, pet 1, personal aggro 1 till pet can take it.

The key is not trying to be a hero and take on the big orange/red tasks, and instead suck up that most of the fights are EZ. And don't try it on a PvP server.

OK, partly I was able to self tank things for a little while due to Herbalism self-heal and you specified none of that. But I only needed that for bad situations, if you avoid orange/red quests, and dangerous respwn situations, you should be fine. Have the discipline to play it safe for 85 levels, and you got this.

I have a lowbie Warlock, and I definitely found Huntard easier.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby halabar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:55 am

Skye1013 wrote:I get bored enough leveling through questing as is... I don't know that I could handle doing it without dungeons/pvp to break up the monotony.

This.

Despite the challenge.. that's a long long grind.

But a hunter would be best, with a tenacity pet.

halabar

Postby poptart » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:55 am

All good suggestions.

Hunter it is and Bloodarrows is born, the Orc Hunter (because Orc is the only race that I don't have yet as a high level character. Well, besides Panda! :) ).

Good call on the mana issue. I was pretty much narrowing down to Hunter or Rogue for that reason but I think keepting things at range and having a tank helped with the decision.
poptart

Postby halabar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:00 am

poptart wrote:All good suggestions.

Hunter it is and Bloodarrows is born, the Orc Hunter (because Orc is the only race that I don't have yet as a high level character. Well, besides Panda! :) ).

Good call on the mana issue. I was pretty much narrowing down to Hunter or Rogue for that reason but I think keepting things at range and having a tank helped with the decision.

You get a bonus to pet damage with the Orc, which will work well for this. Read the rules, make sure you can use that racial cooldown.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General