Ashtongue Defender Issue

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Ashtongue Defender Issue

Postby Thelawyn » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:20 pm

I'm not sure where to ask this, so hopefully this is ok enough.

Hi, i'm new around here, pally tank on Lightbringer server, recently I was asked to tank the Defenders in the Shade of Akama fight. I went through my normal rotation for tanking one, then multiple mobs. SoR to JoR, with Holy Shield and Concecrate and Ret Aura. However, it became clear that something was up. Despite all indications that I had aggro on them, every so often one would peel off and go after a healer. At first i was able to taunt them off, but when they started peeling off in twos and threes after separate targets... it was a definite problem. This did end up wiping us, and I was quite confused. I double checked to make sure RF had been on, and it was. We also had 5 pallies in the raid, so all of the healers had Salvation.

Has anyone had similar problems, or have any insight into what may have cause this problem? Thank you for your time.
Thelawyn

Postby Atreidies » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:24 pm

For some reason these mobs gain zero threat from Holy damage, not your fault, tank an entire side yourself and stick a druid on Defenders.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:45 pm

Check out the strat forums, specifically the BT strat forum where i'm moving this :)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Thelawyn » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:56 am

Ah, thanks for the reply :D and sorry, i must have totally spaced out over the strategies section. :)
Thelawyn

Postby Chorus » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:14 am

Sadly this has been bugged for the longest time now. It has been reported time and again. In the meantime, as was suggested, help tank a side and put a Druid or Warrior on holding them and pray for the Bracers.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... w&n=Chorus
Chorus <Dissension>, 80 Paladin of Bleeding Hollow
Chorus

Postby Aetherial » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:24 am

Yeah, we easily own a side compared to druids and warriors... in my guild we have me on one side, a warrior on the other, and a druid picking up the Defenders. Seems to work well.
Aetherial

Postby Stroja » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:46 am

These guys seemed to like me quite a lot last night just after running through consecrate. Has their wonkiness perhaps been fixed?
Stroja

Return to Black Temple