[Shadow Priest] Guide/Rotation

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Shadow Priest] Guide/Rotation

Postby Darielle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:25 pm

We use some wierd idea for hero, we let all healers press the button 5 sec before fight starts, then pop bloodlust, then ideally pop bloodlust again only for healers in the last 40 secs of the fight in heroic.

Well, that's normal(ish), although most people wait for like initial debuffs. But I guess I didn't bother looking into the actual expression editor for the buff fading messages, so I didn't notice it earlier. Usually it detects that and puts it in buffs anyway.

Aye, you should almost never fully chain two mind flays

Two Flays is fine - at most haste levels, you should be fitting in 2.5 to 3 between Blasts (depends if you had to use a single gcd for like VT or DP or whatever during that round)

Oh, to add to Hagara - don't forget that the enchant on her weapon gives away which phase she'll start in. If you're doing, say, Frost first, and it's Heroic - AA on the pull should line up into AA coming out of Frost phase, into AA just after Lightning naturally. Or close ish. On Zon'ozz, it just depends how fast you kill him on Normal. If he's going to die 20 sec after he gets the 3rd Void, you might as well use AA after he gets the first, etc, but if he's going to die earlier before the 3rd void even hits him, then you might as well AA on the pull because if you delay, he'll die before you could put a second in.
Darielle

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Darielle wrote:Two Flays is fine

Aye, what I mean is you should be clipping the last one, not that there should never be back to back mind flays.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Aye, what I mean is you should be clipping the last one, not that there should never be back to back mind flays.

What? No.

Mind Flay at this point is ~2.45 second channel for basically anyone with the proper Haste (give or take 0.05 secs). Between Mind Blast's 6.5 second cooldown, you can fit in two FULL Mind Flays, as well as one gcd (let's say recasting Vamp Touch), which is 1.1-1.2 seconds and still have half a second to spare. If you cannot do this, it's simply a case of not going for Haste properly - should have at least 2200+ at this point.
Darielle

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:52 am

I'm going based on the shadowpriest.com discussion, so if that's changed, my apologies, but I haven't read anything that suggests it has.

No idea what my haste rating is (other than just under 30% without DI.)
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:04 am

2590 is 30% without DI.
Darielle

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:53 am

What is the rating per %? I'm trying to google it, but everything I've tried is blocked at work.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 am

128.05 = 1% haste
Cogglamp

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Question: what kind of DPS should I be actually be pushing with my gear?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:28 pm

I'd say 35-37k on Ultraxion specifically if you pull every stop is a reasonable goal.
Darielle

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:28 am

You talking regular or heroic Ultrax?
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:27 am

Skye1013 wrote:You talking regular or heroic Ultrax?

Heroic i suppose.

Not that there's any difference in between the two dps-wise.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:03 am

The dps requirements, and gear involved are immensely different. If that was supposed to be numbers for normal, then our entire dps team is woefully inadequate.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:21 am

Ofc we talking about heroic with numbers. You only need about 25k dps each for normal (even less in 10 men)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:49 am

He's not talking about the numbers required, normal obviously requires less - he asked for a benchmark for where he's at, and whether they're pulling normal or Heroic, 35-37k is a good goal.
DPS numbers will be ever so slighly less on Heroic simply because more people get Fading Light at a time, so there's more chances of you losing a gcd worth of damage, but it's not exactly massive.

But uh, if your entire dps team is basically 391-ish, 30k should be a minimum for Ultraxion, and if they're basically full 397's at this point, rocking 4-sets, trinkets and so on, 35k shouldn't be particularly hard to pull out for every single person.
Last edited by Darielle on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darielle

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:52 am

Yes, but if you're progressing on normal vs heroic, your expected gear level is different, thereby altering your dps goals. I can set my goal for 100k dps, but if it's not realistic based on the gear I have available to me, then it doesn't really make sense to do so.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes