Remove Advertisements

[10H] Spine of Deathwing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Spine of Deathwing

Postby timoseewho » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Anyone manage to kill a tendon on its first lift (the fifth lift specifically), with all DPS using potions with lust/warp? Post-nerf of course:P.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Cema » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:29 pm

We managed to bring one to 250k on first lift. So yes with a little more luck on crits it's doable
Cema

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:21 pm

The nerfs were huge!
Aside from the tendon health reduction (its now around 10.5M down from 12.5M), and apparently global health and damage reduction by 5%:
- Blood Corruption: Earth now reduces damage taken by 20% per stack, stacking up to 2 times. 40% damage reduction is huge.
- Health reduction from amalgamations is now 5%, apparently.

We are now almost consistently killing 2 tendons, if our bear makes it tomorrow (he's much better at tanking bloods, apparently), we could make it through.
d07.RiV

Postby Cema » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Well basically the 2 big difficulties of this fight that were the last minute of the fight with tons of bloods spawning / respawning and the perfect cooldown management that was needed on tendons don't exist anymore, the tendons die too fast and you never have tons of bloods to manage

Madness is now harder than spine.
Cema

Postby d07.RiV » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:52 am

Whew got it, wonder how much longer it would have taken us if nerfs didn't come in.
d07.RiV

Postby stevos » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:10 pm

What is the consenses post nerf, 1 tank or 2?
stevos

Postby Grommash » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:47 pm

I'd 2 tank it for sure now if you didn't do it before. It just makes the only difficult part of the fight a bit easier now (Bloods and living on the last plate). We do Feral/DK with the Feral in full cat gear. I tank the Bloods (ungh as a Blood DK) we get them in a neat pile and I taunt off when the Amalgamation is low. He proceeds to go full cat while I off-tank the Bloods and any loose Amalgamation that might pop up. He then picks the Amalgamation back up.

Tendon DPS was never an issue before and it certainly isn't the case now. It does help though. Killing Amalgamtions quicker on the 2nd/3rd plate are far more important than pristine tendon DPS now. Prior to the nerfs I had to help out as Blood DK on the first 2 tendons in order to kill them, with the health change I can play a bit more cautiously and opt to stay back focusing on the adds.
Grommash

Postby Mokoshne » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:35 am

Does anyone know if the Tendon's have armor? & would it be worth a resto druid's spare GCD's to quickly apply 3 faerie fires to improve melee dps?
Mokoshne

Postby GMPoison » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:49 am

Mokoshne:

The Tendon's do not have more armor. If your group feels the need for more dps on the tendon, then I would say go right ahead and have your druid do that. If your dps are keeping up with killing the tendons theres no reason to.
GMPoison

Postby GMPoison » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:54 am

stevos wrote:What is the consenses post nerf, 1 tank or 2?

Post nerf, my group spent alot of time on it 2 tanking it because we didnt have the dps to kill the Tendon. We switched to solo tanking it and 1 shot it. If your dps can control their AoE, your 1 tank can tank the Almag and the Bloods. I'm a Prot Paladin and find that my AoE alone is enough to AoE the Bloods as needed.
GMPoison

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:45 am

Okay I got a stupid question now..
If the corruption dies just before the amalgamation starts exploding, the new one comes out too early, while my screen is still covered by the previous add, and I can't use /target macro either because it would just re-target the old add. As a result, the new amalgamation walks over the blood and you can see where this is going. Is this more of my problem and I should figure out a way to grab it anyway, or is it our dps' fault for killing the corruption too early?
d07.RiV

Postby psyquest » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:52 am

GMPoison wrote:
stevos wrote:What is the consenses post nerf, 1 tank or 2?

Post nerf, my group spent alot of time on it 2 tanking it because we didnt have the dps to kill the Tendon. We switched to solo tanking it and 1 shot it. If your dps can control their AoE, your 1 tank can tank the Almag and the Bloods. I'm a Prot Paladin and find that my AoE alone is enough to AoE the Bloods as needed.

I would love to know how are you handling transitions. After the first plate how dow you go about cleaning the bloods? If you aoe the bloods, be it with one tank or two, you might take too much raid damage.

How many times do you roll to clear the bloods. We did it once after the first plate but found it no enough. After the second plate first tendon dps we found that bloods starts to pile up quickly and add spawn very rapididly.

Am I missing something on the rate of spawn of the bloods? ie, the more you kill the more and faster you get?

Thanks for any pointers on how you go about cleaning (turning) and surviving the damage.
psyquest

Postby Grommash » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:54 am

It all depends on what your strategy is. It's actually quite common for people to kill the corruption right before the plate lifts to ensure that there is 100% uninterrupted damage on the tendon. That way you don't have to worry about fiery grips at all. Prior to the plate breaking off, some people like having the extra amalgamations up in order to ease blood soaking before the next roll (soaking with multiple amalgamations before a roll will increase tank damage, but increases the likelihood you clean up more residues and also decreases the chance one of them starts AoEing the raid).

It is on your end though. If you expect the corruption might die you should know where it is and expect to pick it up. Surely you have name plates or something to ease in locating it?

Tank damage on the tendon really isn't important since the change but I don't really know your guild nor do I know how good your DPS is. If you doing DPS is important to bring the tendon down, it's obviously an inconvenience having to pick up the amalgamation. However an amalgamation with low stacks really doesn't do much damage to a tank anyway, so continue plugging away at the tendon if that's what you do.
Grommash

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:32 am

Well, yes, the corruption is meant to die as the add explodes, I just find it hard to target it while my screen is covered by a huge add (since I'm standing with my back to the plate, my camera goes in first-person mode). I can't move away since that would make the amalgamation move and miss the plate (or expose the wrong tendon).

As for the general strategy, we do a roll between each plate, and try to do it as fast as possible, so we get one chaged add at most. The bear does take intense damage with 20+ bloods, but we have painsup and 2 sacrifices (and 2 holy wrath stuns), so he doesn't die.
d07.RiV

Postby Darielle » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:49 am

Well, yes, the corruption is meant to die as the add explodes, I just find it hard to target it while my screen is covered by a huge add (since I'm standing with my back to the plate, my camera goes in first-person mode). I can't move away since that would make the amalgamation move and miss the plate (or expose the wrong tendon).

You should be able to turn the camera out while not changing your own facing.
Darielle

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)