Remove Advertisements

[10] Spine of Deathwing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Spine of Deathwing

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:46 am

Yeah, minimising the number of tentacles up is important because they chain cast the debuff whenever they're not using Grip.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Epimer » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:45 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, minimising the number of tentacles up is important because they chain cast the debuff whenever they're not using Grip.

I realised that, two other people in the raid realised that, but the raid leader was being stubborn. She had her reasons, I just don't think they were very good :)

(She's a fantastic RL in general, we just struggled to change her mind on this)
Epimer

Postby Calleana » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:40 am

Our Disc priest found the healing debuff a big problem as it seems to be about raw healing output. We settled on doing this 1 tank, 4 healers and the disc priest contributing to DPS when they could.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 am

Our Disc priest last night just made heavier use of Greater Heal, Prayer of Mending and Penance, with PW:S only being around 10% of effective healing/absorbs. While it was a terrible, terrible fail night, on the kill attempt we were actually ahead on the healing debuffs (with a few seconds before the next ones went out) rather than the usual situation of constantly having 1-3 on the raid at all times.
Epimer

Postby Arincia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:50 pm

I was wondering how some groups handles the transitions with healing debuffs from after a plate is cleared to getting barrel rolling off the hideous amags. (different group i heal for we have 7 or so debuffs up right after first plate goes off and the 2 new tentacles are burned down)
Arincia

Postby Epimer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Honestly, just by trying your best to stay on top of the debuffs going into a transition and then using throughput cooldowns after the roll to power through the debuffs that have been building up in the meanwhile. We haven't found a cleverer way than that.
Epimer

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:59 pm

When I heal it, I have never noticed more than about 3 of the debuffs going. We do 3 heal it with 1 tank. We clear all but 1 tentacle, wait for a grip and then roll and clear the last tentacle to generate a new add and get it to 9 stacks. Rinse and repeat. We found this fight to be easier than Warmaster as long as our coordination is good.

I have noticed that at times on 10m if the raid is trying to stack in the middle, and everyone gets 'just' on one side of the spine, DeathWing will signal a roll. Someone moving quick to the other side seems to be able to straighten him out, but he is sensitive and we did once wipe to an unexpected roll while preparing to separate a plate. For this reason I sometimes stay noticeably on the other side of his spine until we stack for a roll.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby oldboyz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:30 am

horrible first down :oops: (u know, half the raid dead and shooting on vocal "you still can do it!!".. so we did! :mrgreen: )

-heal debuff on P3 caused us many wipe
so i'm wondering if it shouldn't be better to do it with 2 tanks : down every Corruption every time and have the OffTank take care of the pop? but i feel last Corruption repop quite fast, which mean half the dps on it ?

i guess it has been try somewhere, quite curious with the conclusion

-one major prob was the 15+ blood blobs in last P3 : you can't aoe then du to large dommage, and event if they don't hurt a lot, they interruped a lot our healeur
we were lucky to have a DK : he switched his aura to aggro all and give our healeur some break
oldboyz

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:25 am

-one major prob was the 15+ blood blobs in last P3 : you can't aoe then du to large dommage, and event if they don't hurt a lot, they interruped a lot our healeur
we were lucky to have a DK : he switched his aura to aggro all and give our healeur some break

My reccommendation would be to either roll after the second plate, or have the Tank AoE the bloods while the raid burns the second tendon. Losing Tank dps on the Tendon may impact a raid's Tendon dps, but it will impact it the least, and Tank AoE should be able to round up and down a lot of the bloods. Just make certain the tank does not drag the big add thru the residue until it is low on health.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Adornus » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:25 am

One thing I found that helps with the healing debuff: if you have a Holy Paladin, make sure they are beacon swapping to someone with a debuff and spamming HL/DL on another debuff target. It adds up fairly quickly (you're essentially getting rid of 2 debuffs at one time). The tanks shouldn't be taking much damage, nor should the raid, unless you're getting to 9 bloods and the nuclear blast. Last night we two healed it and both finished (myself and rDruid) wiht around 35% mana.
Adornus

Postby Adornus » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:27 am

Hrobertgar wrote:

My reccommendation would be to either roll after the second plate, or have the Tank AoE the bloods while the raid burns the second tendon. Losing Tank dps on the Tendon may impact a raid's Tendon dps, but it will impact it the least, and Tank AoE should be able to round up and down a lot of the bloods. Just make certain the tank does not drag the big add thru the residue until it is low on health.

We generally roll after every plate just to make sure the adds are managable. Bloods don't fall off after a roll, but amals do (after you kill tentacles), and it helps to manage things just a little bit more.
Adornus

Postby GMPoison » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:32 am

oldboyz wrote:horrible first down :oops: (u know, half the raid dead and shooting on vocal "you still can do it!!".. so we did! :mrgreen: )

-heal debuff on P3 caused us many wipe
so i'm wondering if it shouldn't be better to do it with 2 tanks : down every Corruption every time and have the OffTank take care of the pop? but i feel last Corruption repop quite fast, which mean half the dps on it ?

i guess it has been try somewhere, quite curious with the conclusion

My group solo tanked it for a few reasons that made the encounter much easier. When you bring in one tank, it allows your group to have an easier time with the tendon. Since I'm a paladin tank, I had a very easy time controling to bloods, my AoE is far enough to deal with them. Have all your dps on the large add and just have your tank AoE them as needed.
GMPoison

Postby Calleana » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:57 am

I agree solo tanking works very well and can make the encouter a lot more straight forward to learn. We've now switched to 1 tank, 3 healers (including the disc priest who was having problems before) we roll after every plate is pulled off and our healers stack in the middle nearish to the solo tank so he can swipe off the blood.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)