Remove Advertisements

Gear/reforge/gem suggestions.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Gear/reforge/gem suggestions.

Postby seezur » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but here's my dilemma:
I've hit CTC and now, from what I've read anyways, the major consensus is to stack stam, which I've been doing by replacing 20 mast/30 stam gems with 60 stamina gems. I've also considered using two stamina trinkets and regemming some of the 60 stam gems with 20 mastery 30 stam, though I'm not sure if this would be an improvement or not and definitely doesn't seem viable with my current gear. After reading a bunch of posts on here I've decided it'd be best to reforge parry (on helm for instance) into mastery, keeping the expertise and gaining more mastery. I've noticed that my dps has skyrocketed with all the expertise, which is definitely nice. Right now my dodge and parry % are pretty uneven and I really can't see a way to fix that with my current gear set. Does my setup look like it's optimized? Also, the only reason I'm using Soulshifter is because it provides a larger bonus to stam than Veil of Lies (not sure if this is the right move or not). Any and all tips are welcome; thanks in advance.

Semi-related: with 2 piece tier bonus are you guys/gals using judgment a lot more? I rarely have time to use it in my dps oriented tanking rotation, but I find that the small absorbs can be helpful, at least prior to big spikes in DS.

Here's my armory, hopefully new gear is showing up: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ear/simple
Last edited by seezur on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seezur

Re: Gear/reforge/gem suggestions.

Postby seezur » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 pm

Sorry realized this is the wrong forum, mod please move if you can.
seezur

Postby Cowmmunion » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:14 am

I've got both Soulshifter and Veil of Lies, and I never really considered using Soulshifter. That being said, the Veil of Lies had ~13% uptime for me last raid. Assuming normal soulshifter, that means its 112 stamina vs 1150 dodge rating ~13% of the time. You can't control the proc, dodge is often useless in DS, and I'm very tempted to say that Soulshifter is the better choice.

As far as reforging, your armory is down at the moment. Reforge parry (and avoidance in general, once you have them balanced imo) into mastery/expertise/hit in that order, and move excess mastery into stamina via gems and trinkets.

As far as judgment, it should be a normal part of your DPS rotation. The priority goes SoTR>CS>As>Judgement>HW (this is a basic picture of it, but good enough for government work). AS and Judgement are your normal fillers between CS and they should be used very often. If your DPS oriented tanking rotation doesn't include judgement, you are doing it wrong. Look at Theck's matlab thread in advanced theorycraft for more detailed information.
Cowmmunion

Postby Barathorn » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:50 am

Can we please ensure questions like this are put in the main thread?

Thanks.

Bara.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice