Remove Advertisements

Suggs for over CTC.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Suggs for over CTC.

Postby zipspally » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:19 am

Armory: Well nevermind I guess. It's down atm.

I have 102.52% with Kings, HoW, and Resolve of Undying stacked to 10. Dodge-16.83; Parry-16.1; Block-64.59.

What I am looking for suggestions for is my weapon enchant. When Windwalk procs I am over CTC by 2%. I don't need it. Suggestions on another enchant? Mending?

I experimented with dropping Mastery gems for Stam gems but just one gem takes me below CTC, so that is not an option, YET.

One more thing. Am I misguided by still wanting my Mirror of Broken Images trinket? If I am at CTC then a trinket that procs a mitigation stat would be wasted, correct?

Thank you
zipspally

Re: Suggs for over CTC.

Postby GMPoison » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:37 am

I would keep Windwalking. Once your CTC gets to a certain number you want to start swapping your mastery/dodge/parry or what ever gems you have for stam gems. You need that CTC untill you get to Madness and or start heroics. Once you get into heroics you need that number of health or you simply wont have the health needed to progress. So I would keep collecting gear, and as your stats get higher from gear, you start putting in some stam gems here and there. As far as your Mirror of Broken Images trinket goes, its not horrible. I like using 1 avoidance trinket and 1 stam trinket. What is your other trinket ATM?
GMPoison

Postby GMPoison » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:37 am

I would keep Windwalking. Once your CTC gets to a certain number you want to start swapping your mastery/dodge/parry or what ever gems you have for stam gems. You need that CTC untill you get to Madness and or start heroics. Once you get into heroics you need that number of health or you simply wont have the health needed to progress. So I would keep collecting gear, and as your stats get higher from gear, you start putting in some stam gems here and there. As far as your Mirror of Broken Images trinket goes, its not horrible. I like using 1 avoidance trinket and 1 stam trinket. What is your other trinket ATM?
GMPoison

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:29 am

Weapon enchants are fairly lackluster as this point in the expac. I have personally switched to using Landslide over Windwalk as procs should never be considered for maintaining tCTC. Yes, you could argue that once that 2'ish% dodge (depending on your DR) procs, you get that little extra avoidance, but who's to say you don't dodge a single attack in that entire time?

I have recently sat down (last night) and totally revamped my gems/reforges through Char Dev and gave up no avoidance but gained nearly 14k unbuffed health (granted part of the problem was inproper gemming). I have given up going for socket bonuses and going pretty much straight stam everywhere minus the couple mastery/stam gems I need to maintain 102.4%.

My trinkets I use are H Spindle and H Scales of Life. I find Resolve to be ~very~ lackluster at my stage in the game because I find that it's the large amounts of damage is unavoidable that worries me...not the melee hits that I can plan CDs for.

No, you're not wrong for using Mirror, I use it on Yor'sahj and Warlord myself as the resist is nice.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:49 am

Can we please ensure that questions like this are put in the main advice thread?

Thanks

Bara.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice