Failsafe gearing guide, 4.3

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

Re: Failsafe gearing guide, 4.3

Postby Dechion » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:15 am

After doing a bit more research, I'm leaning towards the PvP shoulders right off, but i'll likely hold off on the ring until I see where my item level ends up. It depends whats in that slot, as well as what trinkets I scrounge up by the time I hit 85.

If I have the Ilevel to get into the new heroics I'll try to grab some guildies and run thru them a time or two.
I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a sucess at something I hate. All things being equal though I would rather be a sucess at something I love.

Http://sitv.wordpress.com/
Dechion

Postby yappo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:01 am

The JP ring is a no-brainer for the starting tank.

Given that you're unlikely to spend more than a day doing Molten Front quests (but DO run a full day's worth of quests there) for 365 gear, the VP ring comes rather high on your shopping list. CTC or avoidance version? Depends on how fast you think you'll gear up in general. If you believe you'll gear up quickly, go for the avoidance version, otherwise CTC.

I'd burn Honor for the shoulders if I was starting up. However, IF you're on a server where either of the 359 BoE tanking shoulders are available from the AH, they're a better pick.

The three new heroics take around 15 minutes each, and you should expect to pad out slots pretty fast from there. Padding out slots doesn't mean you'll get drops you really want. For example, I've personally never even seen the 378 shoulders or shield drop, so I'm sporting he 359 gear I've had for a year in those slots.
yappo

Postby Dechion » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:34 am

I don't know if you'd call it "failsafe" as it would require the right time of the month and a group to help you get it (or being quite good at PvP), but there is a ILevel 365 blue trinket called "Pit Fighter" that is a guarenteed drop from the arena chest in the new Darkmoon Faire. Looks like a pretty decent little Stamina / Mastery trinket.

Runs every three hours (12, 3, 6, 9) for that whole week.
I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a sucess at something I hate. All things being equal though I would rather be a sucess at something I love.

Http://sitv.wordpress.com/
Dechion

Postby yappo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:25 pm

Dechion wrote:I don't know if you'd call it "failsafe" as it would require the right time of the month and a group to help you get it (or being quite good at PvP), but there is a ILevel 365 blue trinket called "Pit Fighter" that is a guarenteed drop from the arena chest in the new Darkmoon Faire. Looks like a pretty decent little Stamina / Mastery trinket.

Runs every three hours (12, 3, 6, 9) for that whole week.

Hmm, no, not failsafe, but a decent trink nonetheless :D
yappo

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice