Remove Advertisements

pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Torakka » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:46 am

And perhaps it's better to postpone selling them a bit, as market is pretty likely to get "flooded" by fuel blocks right after they become redeemable.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /ezarioth/ -retired, maybe this time for real...
Torakka

Postby aureon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:00 pm

If everyone in EVE redeemed those, they'd last for.. two days of fueling.
So no, no real flooding.
Actually, with EVE's speculation, god knows what happens on patch day.
I've seen PLEX crash on the day a new promotion started up, due to having a spike on the announcement on it..
aureon

Postby Torakka » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:40 am

Heh, nevermind then. I didn't realise fuel consumption was THAT high.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /ezarioth/ -retired, maybe this time for real...
Torakka

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:16 am

Ugh,

I have had my goal for the game to do the lvl 4 epic quest line and have been trying to prepare for it, wondering when it becomes available. Well, last night I pulled up the Mision log and clicked on the first one and it says it requires rep of 6.8 with Caldari or this obscure Caldari Corp (Expert Distribution), sigh. Because of not properly understanding rep initially, my Caldari base rep (with Connections 3) is 1.3 So I will have a LOOONG grind when I get to it. Its funny, because it also listed Hacking as required, and I've had that for a while, its just the Rep holding me back. I've been getting better at Fitting though, so I may trick out my B-wing for the lvl 2s and maybe even have my Noctis on standby.

In the meantime I haven't been playing too much, just slowly grinding some lvl 3s for rep and I'm at ~4.5 rep with my current grind and like ~ 3.4 rep? for my last grind, then onto this Caldari Rep grind.

I'm also sighing, because my latest Yellow Storyline mission is to transport 4,500 cu-m of stuff to a low-sec system. I am wondering if I jsut abandon it or if there is some way I can do the mission without risking my implants. Risking a low end industrial probably wouldn't be too bad, i'm just annoyed at passing on that Rep.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby aureon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:21 am

Get the caldari corp standing.
Corp is HELLAH easier than FACTION standing.
aureon

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:15 am

Yea, I'll do the Expert Distribution thing, but ~1.3 to 6.8 is going to be painfull enough even for a Corp Rep.

One of the other Corps I grinded to 5+ I found the only lvl 3 Security quest giver was on the other side of a low sec zone, no matter where I went from. So I grinded lvl 2s instead, and found that using a BC or even a cruiser was sometimes detrimental if I faced a large Frigate wave with a clsoe spawn point. It lead to me not being able to train even Medium Turrets on them, and my Hammerheads were to slow to efficiently blast them. On my BS I now have Both Hammerhead 2s and Hornet 2's to combat that. So I think a tricked out Destroyer B-wing with hornet 2's is probably better for 2s than a BC. Its just the length of the gind from 1.3 to 3 and then to 5 and then to 6.8 feel awful.

But at least my Hyperion BS is amazing at lvl 3s and the Noctis has proven to be a great investment for looting, and I love the new 'loot all' feature.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Jheherrin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:01 am

Hrobertgar wrote:Ugh,
I'm also sighing, because my latest Yellow Storyline mission is to transport 4,500 cu-m of stuff to a low-sec system. I am wondering if I jsut abandon it or if there is some way I can do the mission without risking my implants. Risking a low end industrial probably wouldn't be too bad, i'm just annoyed at passing on that Rep.

Jump Clone
Moonglade EU - Catalyst : Jheherrin,Glowlimn,Caamora
Aggramar EU - The Phoenix Reborn : Kasreyn,Gossamer
Jheherrin

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:19 am

Hrobertgar wrote:
Ugh,

Jump Clone

I'll have to read up on how to get my jump clone (I did buy and train Infomorph to lvl 2 already). I expect I need a cloning facility, but there seem to be few in the systems I am frequenting at the moment.

I also had a thought (and I could still do this with a clone) that I could send my Industrial to the pickup planet (high-sec) with a shuttle in the bay, then send the shuttle on recon to the low-sec destination and only go in with the Industrial if the coast is clear.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby aureon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:47 pm

A shuttle is hardly safe, tbh.
aureon

Postby Invisusira » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:24 am

Safer than most ships, though. A good number of lowsec gate camps can't lock a shuttle quick enough; fewer still will even bother using up their aggression timer on a shuttle in the first place.
Invisusira

Postby aureon » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Memory of first going in losec in a Velator to pick up a skill and getting killed+podded 2 times still hurts.
aureon

Postby Invisusira » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:48 pm

So over the holiday weekend, Pandemic Legion managed to trick Against All Authorities into bringing out some of the super-capital ships... and promptly blew them up.

http://www.evenews24.com/2011/12/28/pls ... s-present/
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11980931
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11980918
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11980912

Two of AAA's titans got murdered, and the guy that got pod-killed had implants that were worth over 2 billion isk. To put it in WoW perspective, that's like betting 4.1 million gold on an arena match... and losing.

Invisusira

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:04 pm

My Expert Distribution rep grind has been going fairly well, I guess having Social-4 is really paying off. I am now about 4.5 rep or so with ED and have Serpentis Extravaganza on the mission queue.

I will be interested to see how I do compared to the last time I ran it in my old Battlecruiser, vs my new Hyperion Battleship. I am also thinking I will probably get to 5.0 rep out of 6.8 rep this weekend, and although that won't allow me to start the lvl 4 epic questline just yet, it would allow me to practice some Lvl 4s to see if I can solo them or not.

My Hyperion puts out ~ 458 dps with turrets (8 425mm Protoype Gauss w/Antimater Charges) and 110-134 dps with drones depending on if i'm flying T2 Hornets against frigates or T2 Hammers against larger stuff. If I have trouble on the defensive side, I am just starting research on Hull-Upgrd-5 so next week I would get a boost to my resistances if I prove lacking in that area. I found one site online that had some lvl 4 fitups and I think I prolly have more offense than that, but the site appeared not entirely upto date, so i'll probably poke around a little more to learn if my dps is enough.

I want to finish this story line, then prolly quit for Star Wars. The drawback of spending most of my time in WoW is that it takes forever for me to grind rep/$$, the bonus is that I seem to out-skill many of my encounters as long as the wait doesn't kill me. 8)

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:39 am

Ugh,

I did in fact raise my Expert Distribution rep to 6.92 this weekend, but when I looked more carefully at the Epic lvl 4 quest series I realized that there are 4 major sections, 1 for each major faction and my rep with the other 3 is also really low. I also noted that the epic questline sends you into lowsec and even null-sec space for certain mission choices and low-sec seems to be unavoidable.

So I have decided to grind the rest of them prior to starting the epic line. They are:
Caldari - Expert Distribution (rep good)
Amarr - Ministry of Internal Order (just started)
Gallente - (some random corp in Dodixe outskirts - may only need 5.0 rep, not certain)
Minmatar - Butor tribe.

If my play time continues to put me at 1+ weeks per rep then it will be a while for the epic quest line, but I'll be a little bit safer about entering low-sec for those missions that requrie it.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby aureon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:21 am

uhm.
There's 4 (actually, 8 with pirate factions) Epic Quest chains.
One for every faction, and the corps you listed aren't in the same chain.
Also, low/null are choices, you can choose to do the alternative in hisec.
aureon

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games