Remove Advertisements

Minimalist way to move health bar to under my feet?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Minimalist way to move health bar to under my feet?

Postby econ21 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:51 pm

I use the default Blizzard UI, but lately have found it problematic in putting my health bar (and that of my target) at the top of the screen, rather than nearer the bottom where my action bars and my character are. I think it would probably be better under the feet of my character, above the bottom row action bars, as these are what I tend to watch most carefully (to see what abilities are off cooldown). Sometimes I find my health drops dramatically, so I should use a CD, but I don't notice it until it is too late. Is there a simple way to move the bars - e.g. via an add-on that makes only minimal changes?

A while back, I did try to totally rework my UI using highly recommended add-ons, but despite spending a day on it, I found the result clunky. For example, I could not use the "set focus" feature of the Blizzard UI and/or I lost the portraits of party members etc. It also did not seem to give me the hoped for gains in functionality or aesthetics, perhaps because my screen is not so big (so things looked small and cramped compared to the default UI). If anyone has a suggestion as to how to move my health bar in a more minimalist way, keeping the rest of the Blizzard UI, I'd be grateful.
econ21

Re: Minimalist way to move health bar to under my feet?

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Move Anything?
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... thing.html

Doesn't add or change any visual flair; just lets you move what you want. You could move your own default bar closer to your action bar without touching the rest of the party bar, I think.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:41 am

If you only want it moved, and not changed in any other way, the default UI lets you do that. Right click -> Move frame, there are options there to lock/unlock. Think they added that in 4.1 or 4.2.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby econ21 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Thanks both. I knew I could move the set focus - did not realise it extended to my portrait and my target's.

I also tried move anything - amazing add-on, although it does seem to glitch in both moving the holy power meter and leaving it where it was.

Having tried the new position in LFR, I confess I returned to the default position. DBM was putting my imminent raid warnings where I'd moved the portraits and it was hard to get out of my old habits of looking top left to check my health, so I was even less aware of it that usual. It's the QWERTY problem: in the short term, it can be more efficient to stick with inefficient designs if you are used to them. :oops:
econ21

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros