[25H] Yor'sahj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25H] Yor'sahj

Postby exiledknight » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:17 pm

So we are having a lot of trouble with the following two combinations and I wanted to see if I could find any tips, other than stack more aoe as to how its being handled.
Green Yellow Red Black we are killing Green
Purple Red Black Yellow we are killing Purple

Now the issue comes transitioning to the next phase when it contains a green that we are leaving up and the adds remaining are picking off the raid. We stay on the adds for about 4 seconds after he spawns oozes and then use a Roar to get into position. Is there a better way to handle this or is mostly a healing/dps issue.
exiledknight

Re: [25H] Yor'sahj

Postby gomashon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:46 am

Purple Red Black Yellow - kill Yellow.
use AM once or twice, throw in one AMZ / barrier.
Only one wave of adds - no problem to kill it fast. Once they dies red is easy to deal with.

Green Yellow Red Black - killing Green.
Can pop some dps cds to help with the aoe. heroism is an option.
More important is all run (healers too) to the ozze and AOE/cleave on the move.
Sometimes our blob dps is a bit lacking due to all this AOEing and we need to yell on ppl to focus on blob more.
As long as most adds die before next set of boss special abilities become active you should be fine.
Even if many are alive, you might still be fine in next phase, or may want another early raid cd there until they die.
If you still have adds up and can choose on next wave to kill either green or black (they are both "legit targets" in your view), you should prefer to kill green since spreading on next phase + having previous phase adds = bad cleave.
Group Therapy (Ravencrest-EU), 2 raid days per week, 8/8 25-Heroic, always recruiting.
gomashon

Postby ramboschox » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:55 am

exiledknight wrote:Now the issue comes transitioning to the next phase when it contains a green that we are leaving up and the adds remaining are picking off the raid. We stay on the adds for about 4 seconds after he spawns oozes and then use a Roar to get into position. Is there a better way to handle this or is mostly a healing/dps issue.

What made that combination work for us, was running - the whole raid stacked - to the ooze we had to kill and group in front of it. Then we moved in front of the ooze towards the Boss killing the ooze and cleaving away the adds.

As soon as everyone ran realy in front of the ooze and stacked nicely, the adds were not a problem anymore.

Edith:
Gear as much shadowresistance as possible. Best tanking gear choice you can do. (WotLK Sresi head and cloak enchant, -spelldmg meta, resielexir, leatherworker bracer)
I WONT STOP YELLING CUZ THATS GONNA MEAN I LOST THE FIGHT

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/e ... s/advanced
ramboschox

Postby warden » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:05 pm

We almost always leave purple up; our healers have just learned to manage it well.

Green yellow red black: Usually kill green on this one, stack up, and hero burning raid CDs. We plan to save our hero for this color combo. Two of this color combo in the same pull would probably have been a wipe for us in early progression. Adds will still be up when we go to the next ooze, but they don't hit that hard and you can heal as needed... just aoe them down after you've killed the next ooze and get back to the boss. If you're getting a green the next phase and can't aoe, remember a couple key things:
- Green can't target melee classes... they can still stack up, as long as no ranged or healers stack with them.
- Spread range is 4 yards. Don't spread out 6-10 yards away... you won't be able to effectively kill adds that way. Get used to doing a minimum-distance spread pattern.

Purple Red Black Yellow: Kill yellow, and its easy from there. Raid cooldowns help with the red. Spirit link in particular is awesome here. Remember that during spirit link, damage-reducing effects and healing done on one member helps all... Ie, if the raid is getting low as a whole, and spirit link is dropped, I can bubble or pop a healthstone to help the raid as a whole, even if I don't personally need it (also great for Ultraxion when you get there) because the personal damage I'm not taking is helping the whole raid.

GL/HF :)

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby exiledknight » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:55 pm

warden wrote:We almost always leave purple up; our healers have just learned to manage it well.

Green yellow red black: Usually kill green on this one, stack up, and hero burning raid CDs. We plan to save our hero for this color combo. Two of this color combo in the same pull would probably have been a wipe for us in early progression. Adds will still be up when we go to the next ooze, but they don't hit that hard and you can heal as needed... just aoe them down after you've killed the next ooze and get back to the boss. If you're getting a green the next phase and can't aoe, remember a couple key things:
- Green can't target melee classes... they can still stack up, as long as no ranged or healers stack with them.
- Spread range is 4 yards. Don't spread out 6-10 yards away... you won't be able to effectively kill adds that way. Get used to doing a minimum-distance spread pattern.

Purple Red Black Yellow: Kill yellow, and its easy from there. Raid cooldowns help with the red. Spirit link in particular is awesome here. Remember that during spirit link, damage-reducing effects and healing done on one member helps all... Ie, if the raid is getting low as a whole, and spirit link is dropped, I can bubble or pop a healthstone to help the raid as a whole, even if I don't personally need it (also great for Ultraxion when you get there) because the personal damage I'm not taking is helping the whole raid.

GL/HF :)

We actually switched to doing these two things last night, and proceeded to see him get really really angry a few times sub 10%. That was with us missing one of our top dps and another of our usual top 5 having to heal since we were down a healer last night as well. Barring any unforseen circumstances a kill should happen tonight.

The biggest things we learned after our first night
Purple Red Black Yellow: Kill yellow we use an AMZ to eat the first red shot, then use AM, followed by a barrier, adds are long dead by then
Green yellow red black- Kill green and lust, we also use a Spirit Link and 2 PWB's here, this leaves our raid with a tranq, and 2 Divine Guardians for oh shit use.
Moving as a pack is HUGE for the Green yellow red black, as you will have adds up when you need to get to the next ooze ensuring you move as a group is a huge dps gain
Holy Fire- I had to yell at one of our disc's they kept forgetting that this causes deep corruption stacks
Stacking on the boss, during Black phases, when a frustrated Frost DK started getting on everyones case about being within 5 yards of Yor, adds dps shot up significantly.

Thanks for the help everyone, barring the attendence boss wiping us we should easily see a kill tonight.
exiledknight

Postby exiledknight » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:17 am

Some maddening 2 and 3% wipes last night, and then 10 minutes past raid end time we have our best looking pull ever.....what happens? Back to back Green yellow red black, at that point we just said screw it and nuked the boss chained cds and enough people lived to get the kill, thanks everyone for the help, now for Ultraxion, which should be rather easy with todays 5% nerf.
exiledknight

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)