Remove Advertisements

need help with some formulas :(

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

need help with some formulas :(

Postby BlackNet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:28 am

Sorry about this but I need some help with some formulas. Here is what I have. I am trying to find the hit/expertise/block needed to cap against a variable level mob. Say I am level X, mob is level Y and I want to know how much hit/expertise I need, would also like to find out how much ctc I would need as well.
Uncomfortable truth : We're all pugs.
BlackNet

Re: need help with some formulas :(

Postby lythac » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:39 am

Everything you need should be in the sticky in Basic Training - Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

theckhd wrote:Offensive abilities have different miss rates depending on the type of ability and target level. A boss is always considered level player+3, or 88 for a lvl 85 player. Here are the melee and spell miss chances for different level targets (assuming max weapon skill):
Code: Select all
    Target        Miss %         Dodge%   Parry%   Glancing%
    Level     Melee     Spell
     85        5.0        4        5.0      5.0        6
     86        5.5        5        5.5      5.5       12
     87        6.0        6        6.0      6.0       18
     88        8.0       17        6.5     14.0       24

CTC required = 100 + (level difference * 0.8)

The 0.8 comes from 0.2% change to dodge, parry, miss and block per level of difference.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby BlackNet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Uhm, not even close to what I am looking for. Will follow up with more details in a few.
BlackNet

Postby theckhd » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Based on what you asked, that's exactly what you asked for. From those numbers, you can easily construct the formulas you're asking for.

Unless you're asking about mobs that are beneath your own level, but I don't know why you'd even care about that.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby BlackNet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Yes indeed is it mobs below my level, i.e. raid boss in icc. Was wondering about hit, expertise mostly.
BlackNet

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:05 pm

BlackNet wrote:Yes indeed is it mobs below my level, i.e. raid boss in icc. Was wondering about hit, expertise mostly.

Raid bosses are never below your level, they are always +3.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Schroom » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:00 am

yup even classic rag schould be 88 if you are 85 but it only should effect his "hit/expertise" (notice the "" !)
Schroom

Postby BlackNet » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:13 am

also trash there as well.
BlackNet

Postby theckhd » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:50 am

Well, trash will necessarily take less hit and expertise than the bosses, so if you gear to cap for bosses you shouldn't have issues with the trash. I'm not sure anybody has explicitly checked the formula for lower-level mobs recently, but if it remains unchanged from the old weapon skill system, it should be:

5% - (Player Level - Mob Level) * 0.2%

The formula should be the same for dodge and parry as well (so 5% miss/dodge/parry against an 85 mob, 4.4% against a level 82).
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby BlackNet » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Ok so question, a level 80 toon and a level 85 toon goes into a level 70 raid instance. So what is the raid boss level then?
BlackNet

Postby theckhd » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:19 pm

it's level 83 for the level 80 toon, and 88 for the 85 toon. It's a boss-level mob, it counts as level+3 for everyone.
theckhd

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:09 am

BlackNet wrote:Ok so question, a level 80 toon and a level 85 toon goes into a level 70 raid instance. So what is the raid boss level then?

As theck said, it's level+3 individual to each person. I think what you're getting hung up on is the fact the boss isn't "locked" into a certain level. If I'm understanding correctly, it's a formula based on who he's hitting that gives him his hit/expertise vs that person that is calculated each hit, not once people enter the instance, or upon pulling the boss.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:27 am

To the level 80 player, the boss acts as if it is level 83 with regards to its avoidance versus the player, and offensive hit chance versus the player.

To the level 85 player, the boss acts as if it is level 88 with regards to its avoidance versus the player, and offensive hit chance versus the player.

To a level 5 player, the boss would act as if it were level 8 with regards to its avoidance versus the player, and offensive hit chance versus the player.

Note that in each case the boss' base damage is exactly the same.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Levantine » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:31 am

I seem to recall somewhere that bosses may have a minimum level. It was a long while though so I may be mistaken.
Levantine

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:40 am

The trouble with boss level mobs is that they tend to one-shot low level characters or are in instanced off areas, which makes things rather hard to test :/
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations