Remove Advertisements

[10H] Hagara

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Hagara

Postby HammU » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:45 am

Schroom wrote:mh well focused assault seems like NO problem at all, I just put on my Stamina gear and go for 240+ HP. then it's survivable even without cooldown (to keep the healers fromg etting a heart attack I used devine shield on first and GOAK on 2nd none the less ;-) )

the one thing that is killing us is the lightning phase. it's just TOO much damage.
frost phase is really funny tho as a paladin, hand of freedom, bubble, AD ftw!

We had similar problems, the lightning phase being very hard to heal. We counteracted that with only 2 runners per side (less lightning hits) and the rest of the raid stacking in the middle, while our moonkin would help out healing (placing Hot's or pulling Tranc).
And don't forget Nature resistance (Totem with talented range in the middle works, or maybe hunter aura)
HammU

Postby Phonic » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:52 am

Schroom wrote:mh well focused assault seems like NO problem at all, I just put on my Stamina gear and go for 240+ HP. then it's survivable even without cooldown

I don't understand this. FA is around 50K hits every half-second for 5 seconds... thats 500K damage if I understand correctly. How are you able to survive w/o CD?

Also, our group is having a horrible time with the Ice lances. We tank her at the edge so no shattered ICE, but Lances keep killing people, especially when they cross beams. Any tips?

We are pretty much fine in the frost and lightning phases as well.
Phonic

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:34 am

I imagine his point being that, with the increased health pool, healing alone is sufficient. Cooldowns are, obviously, still valuable. Anyone who eats an FA without using a cooldown is definitely doing it wrong.
Belloc

Postby Rokh » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:42 am

Phonic wrote:
Schroom wrote:mh well focused assault seems like NO problem at all, I just put on my Stamina gear and go for 240+ HP. then it's survivable even without cooldown

I don't understand this. FA is around 50K hits every half-second for 5 seconds... thats 500K damage if I understand correctly. How are you able to survive w/o CD?

Also, our group is having a horrible time with the Ice lances. We tank her at the edge so no shattered ICE, but Lances keep killing people, especially when they cross beams. Any tips?

We are pretty much fine in the frost and lightning phases as well.

If you dont read the guide book thingy, Ice lance only targets players within about 10 yards of hagara. Just make sure your ranged and healers never go near here when she comes out of her stun then all the beams will be on melee... makes it much much easier for the ranged to dance the beams if they never move.
Rokh

Postby Kovacks » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:34 am

We killed her last night

It's quite a hard fight as a paladin tank but still, we got it

Here's how I managed the focused assault, in case it helps someone else

1st phase (2 FA)

- Pull the boss and run to the edge of the room so she cast the 1st FA during the time she comes to me
- GoAK + WoG shield for the 2nd

2nd, 3rd and 4th phase (3 FA)

- Pull the boss and run to the edge of the room
- DP + AD + WoG shield (or GoAK if UP)
- Holy Paladin taunts and I taunt back

Hope it helps
Kovacks

Postby Lionnis » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 pm

What is the ideal way to deal with the ice beams? Ranged cycle on off at 5 stacks? And also, i've read that dragging her to the edge causes her to not cast any shattered ice, but that in turn, puts an ice beam directly on me ( the tank ). Is it even worth dragging her to the edge?
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:24 pm

It's not dragging her to the edge that prevents shattered ice, it's not having anyone in her 180degree frontal cone (except the tank). You can always position yourself so that you are nowhere near a beam and get the same result as long as no one is in front of the boss.
Belloc

Postby Winkle » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:33 am

Lionnis wrote:What is the ideal way to deal with the ice beams? Ranged cycle on off at 5 stacks? And also, i've read that dragging her to the edge causes her to not cast any shattered ice, but that in turn, puts an ice beam directly on me ( the tank ). Is it even worth dragging her to the edge?

It's not terrible soaking an ice beam as a tank tbh, not ideal but doable if you have a CD available.

Having the whole raid always 180 degrees behind the boss will save you from any shattered ice woes.
Winkle

Postby Lionnis » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:47 am

I guess the main reason i'm going to the edge is to avoid that first focused assault, running short on CD's for it in the subsequent phases. I will keep that in mind though thanks.
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:02 am

Having major problems seeing the third ice lance when it spawns opposite the entrance portal. Anyone else encountering this? It seems like a few others in my raid are having the same issue. Never seemed to be a problem on normal (I always saw all three), so we're wondering if it's based on where we're tanking it (which is on or beside the entrance portal).
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:50 am

Yeah we tried on edge strat for shattered ice because thought that would be more of a problem. Ice phase no problem, lightning phase rock it out. Normal phase... I don't know what to tell range to do for soaking. I mean lolmorenerfzplz this tuesday, but ugh.

Tips for those ice lance..
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:43 pm

We killed this tonight, feral tank, holy pala, resto druid, resto shaman, frost DK, rogue, mage, boomkin, ret pala, SV hunter.

What I did in the lighting phase was start with holy radiance and swap to flash heal towards the end - HR simply couldn't heal enough after ten seconds of lightning phase. The hunter pet was placed at the final totem (north) to avoid arcing into both runner groups.

Ice phase we killed each totem individually, diving into the bubble to dodge the ice walls. Also most healing here done with flash heal, fishing for instant FoL with holy shocks as you really don't have much time to heal with Holy Light, Holy Radiance or Divine Light (even with a 1.8 second cast time).

Initially we tried with me tanking, but our feral druid ended up being forced to tank due to lack of healers making me go holy for the boss. I think he will probably continue to tank this fight, FA was a total none-issue.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cgoa ... 211&e=1565 is the log of the fight if anybody is interested.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Darielle » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Ice Lance is simply a "spread out, move in and out of the beam" mechanic.

We just get ranged/healers to go around the room, and when the beam spawns, they go in and out, in and out. Shattered Ice cannot kill you if you're under 4 stacks even if it chooses you, that was at 0% so it's probably livable through 6 stacks at this point, but either way - if they can spread out and move in and out of the beam that is all it requires. There's no other raid damage happening, it shouldn't be an issue to handle.
Darielle

Postby Schroom » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:18 am

we are still observing some strange behavior in the lighting phase. we basically (with a few small modifications) use this:http://www.icy-veins.com/images/dragon-soul-hagara-crystal-conductors-10H.jpg as our tactics.

now... we observed that sometimes the lighting just won't jump. we had players who basically stood IN the pylon and it didn't jump. On the last try I stood about 1 meter fro our rogue, we could have hold hands, but the lighting just didn't jump to me.

then we had situations where people who where done, ran into the middle of the room to avoid unnecessary damage, but somehow a lighting jumped from a person that was about 15 meters away from that group and killed us.

is there some kind of an internal cool-down or what the hell is happening here, it is just so rng and unpredictable. Hate is a strong word, but I just really really don't like it.
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:03 am

Yeah, we get a lot of trouble with the lightning refusing to link, always in the spots where the same people make two connections in a row.

I've noticed lightning chaining through people as they run to the middle, but not jumping on its own that far.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)