Remove Advertisements

[10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby timoseewho » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Adornus wrote:
timoseewho wrote:
Adornus wrote:And for the boring version of that fight - with vent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAbF0c2T ... r_embedded

You can tell we really weren't planning on killing it this attempt.

Towards the end of P1 I noticed that the ship stayed at 5% even after 2 barrages directly hitting the ship (starting from 2:45), do barrages just not have the ability to take out the ship?

We've had them take out the ship before in some practice pulls. I think once you hit a certain point though it may transition to not taking damage? (question mark on purpose)

Alright thanks.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Brosterr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:39 am

The ship will take damage and be able to die all the way up until the last drake of the third set is killed. From that point the ship seems to be immune, as the event of the boss coming down has already engaged.
Brosterr

Postby d07.RiV » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Is that for certain? That is, after the announce went out, we can ignore the sapper?

So far we only saw P2 like 3 times, best of which had 1 healer alive. We don't have any onslaught rotation - nobody takes more than 2 barrages in a row, and we use a raid cooldown for each, most of the time we survive, but there are a lot of random deaths to miscommunication on barrages, charges/cleaves, etc.
How bad is P2 compared to the "trash" part? Do we just tank boss and goriona close together, facing her away from the raid, pop cooldowns and burn her down asap? Or should we have cooldowns/hero for lower boss HP? Is it possible for her to breathe during or shortly after shockwave?
d07.RiV

Postby timoseewho » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:19 pm

d07.RiV wrote:Is that for certain? That is, after the announce went out, we can ignore the sapper?

So far we only saw P2 like 3 times, best of which had 1 healer alive. We don't have any onslaught rotation - nobody takes more than 2 barrages in a row, and we use a raid cooldown for each, most of the time we survive, but there are a lot of random deaths to miscommunication on barrages, charges/cleaves, etc.
How bad is P2 compared to the "trash" part? Do we just tank boss and goriona close together, facing her away from the raid, pop cooldowns and burn her down asap? Or should we have cooldowns/hero for lower boss HP? Is it possible for her to breathe during or shortly after shockwave?

P2 is a lot easier compared to P1, which is good because that means fast 2-3 min attempts:). My tanks tank both the boss and Goriona on top of each other facing away from the raid and I think at a 45 degree angle to prevent both tanks from getting breathed on at the same time (the rest of the raid just stacks behind them, with the tank healer standing to the side by himself). I'm not sure about the Shockwave and breath timer though. We save our lust/warp for the last 35% of the boss since the Goriona part isn't too bad. Also make sure you have raid CD's handily available for the last 20-30% of the boss.

I actually think the ship can still take damage in P2, the example with the drake was that they died BEFORE the barrage hit the ship, so effectively their barrage was nulled. With the case of the sapper, I'm guessing it can still blow the ship up in P2. Remember that P2 starts the moment you kill both the drakes in the third set. Personally I'd kill the sapper regardless since I wouldn't risk a good P2 attempt!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Brosterr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Kill the sapper, because no, im not certain. It is definitly not worth wiping at that point.
Brosterr

Postby d07.RiV » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Well I missed the kill day but apparently after we learned to get through phase 1 with no problems it went down very quickly. Goriona flew off before tanks had to switch (bear tanking the boss).

And yes, we found out the hard way that ignoring the sapper on p2 is a bad idea (though we made the boss land and then blew up the ship - surely he died as well? xD)
Also, it seems to be a good idea to have the tanks stand as close as possible - I was tanking goriona facing thrall&co, and when I got targeted with shockwave, I had no chances of running out in time (being stuck between two cross thingies)

Regarding P1, the easiest way for us was for everyone to stack on onslaught and use one raid CD, and groups of 2 (or 1 with good cd) eat barrages as much as possible when the debuff isn't on - this way nobody has more than 1 stack for onslaught.
d07.RiV

Postby madmessias » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:07 am

Finally managed to kill it :) Thanks for the help in this thread ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACUw0-N4 ... re=related if someone wants a tank pov!
madmessias

Postby Brosterr » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:54 am

I've now downed this multiple times. My question still remains though: has anyone figured out a good way to control the fire? It seems stupid to just roll the dice on every pull. There would seemingly be a way to control it, like taking barrages when the timer for deck fire is up, but I am still unsure after 40-50 wipes on this. As i stated, ive killed it, more than once, not looking for a strategy or guide. Just a simple answer to the bolded question. For instance last night, 3 pulls of heavy (heavy heavy) fire followed by a pull with absolutely zero fire, all pulls we do the same thing. Ship health is roughly the same on all pulls.
Brosterr

Postby madmessias » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:14 am

Brosterr wrote:I've now downed this multiple times. My question still remains though: has anyone figured out a good way to control the fire? It seems stupid to just roll the dice on every pull. There would seemingly be a way to control it, like taking barrages when the timer for deck fire is up, but I am still unsure after 40-50 wipes on this. As i stated, ive killed it, more than once, not looking for a strategy or guide. Just a simple answer to the bolded question. For instance last night, 3 pulls of heavy (heavy heavy) fire followed by a pull with absolutely zero fire, all pulls we do the same thing. Ship health is roughly the same on all pulls.

When they distinguish the fire, it won't despawn, but it won't do damage, just go stand in it and it goes away. Doesn't work 100%, still get some shit pulls etc, but fire def. disappears if you do this.
madmessias

Postby Bellante » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:27 am

Brosterr wrote:I've now downed this multiple times. My question still remains though: has anyone figured out a good way to control the fire? It seems stupid to just roll the dice on every pull. There would seemingly be a way to control it, like taking barrages when the timer for deck fire is up, but I am still unsure after 40-50 wipes on this. As i stated, ive killed it, more than once, not looking for a strategy or guide. Just a simple answer to the bolded question. For instance last night, 3 pulls of heavy (heavy heavy) fire followed by a pull with absolutely zero fire, all pulls we do the same thing. Ship health is roughly the same on all pulls.

It's interesting that you put up this point. We're still progressing on the fight, but I do know this: We had a try where we got the DBM "beware" go off 3 times within 3 seconds when deck fire spawned. In other words, I don't think it relates to the timer, it relates to "when the ship takes damage". I think the pulls you experience with loads of deck fire seem to be related to the graphic bugs of not despawning, which as stated above can be sometimes cleared by running through it. It does seem to me, however, that sometimes the graphic does disappear by itself, sometimes it doesn't, so I think the good try's you've seen with deck fire have been non-bugging try's (and good soaking).
Bellante

Postby madmessias » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:30 am

Bellante wrote:

It's interesting that you put up this point. We're still progressing on the fight, but I do know this: We had a try where we got the DBM "beware" go off 3 times within 3 seconds when deck fire spawned. In other words, I don't think it relates to the timer, it relates to "when the ship takes damage". I think the pulls you experience with loads of deck fire seem to be related to the graphic bugs of not despawning, which as stated above can be sometimes cleared by running through it. It does seem to me, however, that sometimes the graphic does disappear by itself, sometimes it doesn't, so I think the good try's you've seen with deck fire have been non-bugging try's (and good soaking).

It spawns at 75, 50, and 25% ^^
madmessias

Postby jekoh » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:32 pm

My guild is always working on the fight and we try several different tactics, focussing on barrages, ignoring them and everybody on assaults, only 1 person on assault with fire mage, priest or me with AD so I had time to try to understand what happen with this ... fire
Madmessias is right, a fire ignitiate somewhere on the boat at 75%, 50% and 25%

So the only way to control fire is to delay the time the boat is taking damage between two ignitions and I would tend to believe that the key timing for us is just after the first assault between the 75% and 50% life of the boat.

Generally we try to split some barrage damages when impact is close to us before the first assault. We pack all on the first assault and we have the first fire at that time ( note also we always have a simultaneous barrage with the assault as a drake is still alive). So at that time the boat is at 73-75% of life.
Goriona is using her ability to damage the boat by 20% of his current life, so at 75% life the damage is 15% and boat is now at 60% life maximum
full life the boat is 6000k so 10% is 600k life, a barrage hitting the boat is damaging it for 450k, we have a barrage 6 sec after the assault and another one 4 sec after the barrage. If you don't take the damage from those 2 barrages, the boat is going below 50% and you have a second fire ignition 10 sec after the first one which is too short considering the time needed for fireworkers to start their job and if the ignitions are far away each others, the fire is spreading quickly and stay for a long time.
If you succeed to save the boat from these two barrages you are on the way to control the fire and if you are not too long to kill the drakes. Saving 10 seconds and more between the 75% and 50% is doing the difference from what I saw in our tries
jekoh

Postby Paoanii » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:11 am

So I can confirm now that the ship cannot die from barrages after the last drake is dead; even if it only has 1% health, that last barrage cannot kill it. The sapper, however, can still kill the ship.
Paoanii

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:55 am

Ugh, we're totally getting our rears kicked by this boss. We're practically soaking all Onslaughts with the entire raid and attempting to get the barrages as we can (which I think is our failing point).

How muc health does the Skyfire have and how are other people dealing with soaking?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Brosterr » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:22 am

Not sure how much health the ship has, but use whatever you have to soak, and tell them to soak with cd's on cooldown. Meaning DK soak with AMS on cd, Priest disperse on cd, Mage cauterize on cd, Pally glyphed divine protection on cd. There is probably more that i forgot, but i would say definitely have 4 people who can soak. They will get better at it over time. I remember reading something about only needing to soak 4 barrages if you have 10 in for every onslaught. Without doing any math i call bullshit on that. IMO soak as many as possible (while watching the health, if the boat is at 35% and you only have 1 onslaught left, quit taking barrages, but that is just common sense).

Also, to answer my own question i asked earlier about fire (and this is not a solution as much as a work-around): When you see a firefighter or whatever the hell theyre called soaking a fire, run in to it. Meaning the second they drop water on a fire you should have someone (without assigning it as a job, because its more just an awareness check) run in to the fire to make sure it doesnt bug and stay up. You will not take damage doing this at it seems that you never get overrun by fire.
Brosterr

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)