[10H] Ragnaros

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Ragnaros

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:21 am

Going back to do this on Monday. Just one tank, 2 healing with mostly range and a DK to do dreadflame/taunting. Any differences with sons? I swear on one video it looked like 4 were like on short side or something. Or is it still just 8 like normal.

Any other tips for one tanking? Should be fine with all the gear I'd imagine.

Gonna use TB trinket, and a stam trinket probably.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby jekoh » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 pm

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:Going back to do this on Monday. Just one tank, 2 healing with mostly range and a DK to do dreadflame/taunting. Any differences with sons? I swear on one video it looked like 4 were like on short side or something. Or is it still just 8 like normal.

Any other tips for one tanking? Should be fine with all the gear I'd imagine.

Gonna use TB trinket, and a stam trinket probably.

no it is not like in normal, sons pop randomly on the plateform but with a minimum distance from the hammer, you can have 0,1,2,3,4 in the short side. If I have not bad memories we had up to 6 on the short side, you imagine it's hard but in fact no as they were all packed full aoe with glyphed holy wrath stun all adds, or a boomkin bump is ok to have sufficient time to down them. you just have to assign clearly who is going to the short side depending the number of adds and who is going to kill the closest adds from the hammer.

If you do it with one tank, don't forget to have a dps able to misdirect one add to you in transition at 40% as I imagine they are always able to 2 shots a dps
and also to kill all bosses in hm before otherwise ragnaros hm won't be here
jekoh

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Never bothered counting them, its still 8 I think - but their spawn positions are completely random. You can get 4 right next to the hammer and 4 spread out on the long side. With current gear they get destroyed in seconds though - just make sure to call out which side needs help and have players like moonkins or paladins with glyphed HW come over.
Never tried with one tank, I really don't think you should have problems with dps at this point.

Edit: lol took too long to write this
d07.RiV

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Think I could do this with 2 hpalies? I just can't picture it mattering to much since so much gear anyways and the raid healz just heal me up anyways from beacon. I'd prefer hpali, and disc, but 2 hpalies at least is 2 aura mastery and hand of sac plus pretty uber healing.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:05 pm

If a resto shaman can solo heal the fight, I'm sure two holy paladins will manage. How are you going to handle the debuff, though? Just outdps it?
Belloc

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:39 am

With current dps it can be fairly easily outhealed, though if you're running typical avoidance values you'll probably get up to 14-15 stacks in phase 1 depending on your raid dps. If you run a more avoidance heavy reforge you might manage to get it to fall off. In phase 2 and 3 it generally falls off by itself. In phase 4 you're able to drop it easily enough by kiting a bit after each roots.
Rhiannon

Postby Phonic » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:47 am

I wouldn't underestimate this fight. It's still a pain in many aspects. With new gear, the dps requirements aren't as harsh and 1 meteor is pretty much a gimmie, but I don't really see single tanking a great option.

Sons of flame are no longer an issue IMO with the better gear. 8 adds still spawn and there can be up to 6 on the small side.
Phonic

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:01 am

Single tanking is more of a just to see if I can do it type thing. I like to do challenging things like that. Like bane and many other fights where two tanks were originally supposed to be used. Even throughout kara/such.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby madmessias » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:46 pm

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:Single tanking is more of a just to see if I can do it type thing. I like to do challenging things like that. Like bane and many other fights where two tanks were originally supposed to be used. Even throughout kara/such.

It's been solotanked last tier by a DK in 25m and a warrior (i think) in 10m, prolly by more people but that's all i know, although still a fun thing to try :)
madmessias

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)