Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Pretty difficult to farm as the only mobs who drop it are few and on a forgotten isle or level 60 raids. I farmed boots, belt, gloves, lacking the two main pieces.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:30 pm

The legplates apparently drop off the Shardtooth bears in Winterspring.

Edit: Bah, the helm dropped off the bears just now but that's not the one the guy is after. Boo.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:07 pm

I could hire you to farm them for me too :lol:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:23 pm

well...all im after (now) is the T1 legs for my warrior
shammy is using T13 for enh and i havent decided on her resto set
DK is using the green starting gear

hunter i havent decided yet along with rogue and mage
and pally im still (re)leveling

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Ahh, a quote about the special difficulty from an interview about BioShock Infinite.

For the hardcore gamer, 1999 mode could be the best thing that's ever happened. And for the non-hardcore gamers?
"They're gonna hate this mode," said Levine. "That's okay — it's not for them."
"The average gamer stops playing when they fail. The hardcore gamer says 'That's it, I'm gonna show this game who's boss'"

If only Blizzard (and so many other game developers) would understand!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 pm

the Argent Squire makes creepy noises when you click on him now.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Era » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:36 am

Have you tried spam-clicking him like the Warcraft III sheep? :D
Maybe he explodes.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:27 am

Flex wrote:the Argent Squire makes creepy noises when you click on him now.

He whistled at me the other day and I thought it was because of my transmog, rofl.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:05 am

Too many words, not enough screenshots.

How Twin Emps trash worked at level:

Only real use for Worgen:

Malygos phase 2 XXX-Treme mode:

Tauren weapon size, pre-nerf:

A professional Razorgore kill:

A... uh, wait, what?

Invisusira

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:23 am

Razorgore eh
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:26 am

Nikachelle wrote:Razorgore eh

Obviously BWL was merely a setback.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 pm

It amuses me that DR on dodge and parry kicks in from the first rating point, yet at low ratings you get a higher amount of dodge/parry than the undiminished amount - the diminished amount grants more avoidance than the undiminished amount :)

(could not be bothered to get closer to 176 rating)
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Melon liqueur and tonic soda = banana flavour o.O
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby tlitp » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:39 am

lythac wrote:It amuses me that DR on dodge and parry kicks in from the first rating point, yet at low ratings you get a higher amount of dodge/parry than the undiminished amount - the diminished amount grants more avoidance than the undiminished amount

That's true for up to and including 510 rating.
tlitp

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:35 am

Doing a random scan of AH...see Maelstrom Crystals listed for 50k.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:06 am

Fenrìr wrote:Doing a random scan of AH...see Maelstrom Crystals listed for 50k.

Probably people trying to push up the average reported price on AH mods. Or catch people who click randomly.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Was reading the comments on the patch notes page and came across this little gem... I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

the problem with warriors is that in pvp the only way to win is to burst with our CDs and kill them within 15 to 20 secs in the game but once our CDs are gone such as reck we cant burst untill another 5 mins our sustained damage is fine we are only forced to pop CDs to kill the target quick is because we cant stay on our target to keep our LttS buff so our core problem is our mobility if blizz fixes our mobility to keep our LttS up then that fixes us simple as that then it wont mess up PVE at all

Did I miss something and warriors got a huge mobility nerf somewhere?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Intercept and Charge share a cooldown now for Arms. That's the only one I can think of. Oh, that and Heroic Leap usually fails on nearly every terrain change.
Cogglamp

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Are terrain changes a huge issue in arenas? I know they've got some stuff (platforms and whatnot) but it shouldn't completely negate it. And compared to where pally's are/were, I just don't see it.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Most complaints about terrain changes are BG related.
Cogglamp

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:25 pm

As a Holy Pally, my ears always shutdown when I hear other people, like these Warriors, complain about PvP. I have standard mobility only, 5% outbound cc factor (6 secs with 1 min CD, vs enemy trinket use with 2min CD) and if I get spell kicked/interupted its all over. Yes, against non-PvPers in random BGs, I AM a terror and almost invincible, but against serious PvPers who know how to stun/interupt/cc, I can be like fodder.

They need to excise all non-healer self healing so healers can win at PVP :lol:
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:31 pm

I actually don't find myself ever hard casting in a BG. If I do, it's under a bubble or Divine Favor. With all the stuns, pets close enough to CS, and damage being taken, I seem to survive solely off of the seemingly endless supply of free HoPo for WoGs and Holy Shock. Unless of course I'm ganged up on by 3 or 4 people and then I'm in trouble.
Cogglamp

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Being focused down by a high end DPS, sometimes instant casts are not enough, particularly if there are more than 1. However, not everyone interupts. I have gone up against multiple in random BGs and gotten away with chain casting for like 30 secs before they stopped me. Randoms are just highly variable on what you face.

In a random BG, against casual PvE-ers, I chain cast Exorcism, and I sometimes win even 1 on 2, but certainly never die until their friends arrive. if there more than 3 then I'm just on pure defense distracting them, but usually at least one knows to stun me, and even if they don't that many usually do enough damage that I have to risk FoL outside of instant proc to stay alive. Sometimes I encounter folks in randoms BGs that are good enough to stun me when I pop AM, and that always sucks. Otherwise, GanK + AM = full health. And of course I am still waiting for that vile and evil Mine Monkey to be removed from the game. Hunter with a Mine Monkey is almost as much of a threat as TWO PvP rogues. The spider I can understand, but the Mine Monkey is total BS. If it is a large fight with multiple people on both sides, I will generally hard cast till they show they are cluefull enough to stop me. The only issue is that as a Draenei they are attracted to me like magnets, while it is almost impossible to get my randoms to focus on enemy healers, they rarely have trouble focusing me.

Against PvE-er types, I have kept 2 dps and 1 healer at bay by myself indefinitely in a random BG when they thought rooting me was sufficient, lol. And I have seen enemy Holy Pallies, go up against 3-4 of us and do similar when my stun was on CD, especially those using an xbox type controller as they are more difficult for me to track for a melee interupt. I generally run SoT, so that chain casting talented Exorcism plus SoT puts out a lot of damage after a while, and I use it on enemy healers to remove their crit heals and distract their healing.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby alayire » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:25 am

Skye1013 wrote:Are terrain changes a huge issue in arenas? I know they've got some stuff (platforms and whatnot) but it shouldn't completely negate it. And compared to where pally's are/were, I just don't see it.
Gamebreaking if you ask warriors, nonexistent if you ask anyone else.

Heroic Leap will fail in about 80% of cases where non flat terrain is involved. The aggravating problem is that Heroic Leap is quite clunky mechanic and is not easily spamable and from the outside it looks like you are sitting there like a moron that doesn't do anything while being wailed on, when you're actually spamming your little heart out trying to do something. Blade Edge and the "new and exciting arena" abomination that should have never existed in the first place are fully loaded with pathing issues that make Heroic Leap usage almost useless even though they are flat for the most part.

the worst part about the Intercept gutting is that Intercept was and actually still is so much better then Charge. First of it doesn't suffer from "Charge jumping", something that any successful arena pvp'er knows how to exploit oh so damn well. Second it seems to have a different pathing algorithm that is way more reliable. Charging in Arenas(not only) can sometimes make you go sideways to Fuckdonia, disconnecting you or shoving you into a invisible wall. Charging right when a mage blinks will instantly waste your charge with a beautiful "Immune" message that makes you want to punch baby kittens. Almost all new "cool shit they come up with" abilities that disjoint a character will 100% make charging instantly disconnect you, without fail making warriors wonder(after they somewhat calmed down) what the flux are or even if they are testing the new shit they come up with. Charging too soon after Heroic Leap used to leave you looking like a moron watching your target get stunned a mile away from you(distinctly remember how "quick" they were to fix that issue lol).

that's just what i can recall from the top of my head.
alayire

Postby Flex » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:02 pm

The Dialog that disabled the 5% Dragon Soul nerf was active in LFR and when activated would buff the LFR to near normal mode levels.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General