Remove Advertisements

Onyxia Solo

Doomwalker, Doom Lord Kazzak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: Onyxia Solo

Postby Retilicious » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:04 am

Soloing Onyxia isn't that hard really, especially for a Tankadin. My first attempt with it, i had problems with mana, but i got past that by going into the pit and popping the eggs, and i got my mana up via whelps. Health wise it isn't really a problem, because once you gather up the whelps you have virtually unlimited mana, so i just throw big heals onto myself with the whelps and onyxia hitting me. At first, i thought I couldn't hit her when she was up in the air so i was only using my AS to hit her....then i found out about 20mins later i can indeed hit her with my other attacks when i get under her. The fight took me about an hour or so, it's not hard just really really time consuming. Gear wise, I was in Blues D-capped, and using the infantry assault blade/titansteel shield wall.
Retilicious

Re: 80 and old bosses

Postby Sarutankah » Fri May 01, 2009 11:21 pm

Kurgen wrote:This is a question about all old bosses, but applies to onyxia as well, What DEF skill do I need to be uncrittable? I know that mobs have attack power and it doesn't scale with level, but do I need to be at 540 defense at 80 to be uncrittable or is Onyxia a level 63 and therefore I need much less and can therefore stack lots of AP to kill her more quickly? Anyone have any idea?

similar vein, can I be at 490 Def and still be uncrit to the huntsman in Karazhan or do I need to be 540 since he is a boss and therefore a 'my level +3'?

540 to be uncrit against a boss level mob.

Spec ret if want faster kill - I can do in around 9-10 minutes now that they buffed ret mana and I can use a dps seal (sacred shield is so win now).
Sarutankah

Postby Loken » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:07 pm

It's worth noting that Ony farming isn't as profitable anymore.

Recently Blue nerfed the gold drop from Ony from 170g odd down to about 50. The epics are all BOP and she only drops a couple mediocre BOE blues at best.

I used to farm ony every week for the easy cash and whilst it's still a pretty easy fight for a protadin (I do it in about 25 mins) the rewards for doing it are just not there anymore.

I now save it for helping gear level 60s or achieves and that's about it.
Loken

Postby hthomas13 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:52 am

I miss soloing Ony, stupid raid boss now (aka - the wiper of PuGs)
hthomas13

Postby Knievel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:46 am

Is it possible for a Maintankadin in 381 gear to solo the new Onyxia? I haven't been there in 5+ years. I need to pick up a Quel'Serrar for Transmog.
Knievel

Postby Schroom » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:20 am

in Pre-WoG nerf it was entirely possible in T11 blues :P

I did it myself back than with a heavy WoG set. But since the nerf I haven't tried anymore, but I guess it could be done.
Schroom

Previous

Return to Outdoor World Bosses