Remove Advertisements

LF A New Guild Name

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

LF A New Guild Name

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 am

Hey Folks, it's been decided that we're going to be creating a new guild and we're all stumped on a good guild name. We're looking for simple 1 or 2 word names preferably more serious than funny.

Info that might help with suggestions: We're a Republic side SWTOR Guild that has cleared the end game operation content and does premade PvP everynight.

Some ideas previously brought up.

Vindicate
Sanction
Twin Suns (Tattoine Reference)
Phalanx
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Re: LF A New Guild Name

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 am

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Melathys » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:01 am

<Fruit Vendor>
Melathys

Postby tanksorz » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 am

Twin Suns, is also a squadron name in one of the book series, I forget which.
tanksorz

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Flex wrote:http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=46

Since this post is 90% "think of a good name" and simply uses SWTOR as a possible reference point I figured it would be fine to drop it in here, if I was wrong please feel free to move the post.

A lot of suggestions i've gotten have no connection to any specific game. *shrug*
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Passionario » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:42 am

<Shatterpoint>
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby aureon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:55 am

<Arkham Asylum>, obviously.
<Hand Wavers>
<Blue Is Just Better>
By the way, you cleared all nightmare? i thought that soa nightmare was currently beyond impossible due to ridicolous tuning.
aureon

Postby Invisusira » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:56 am

Go to this site:
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/index.html
and start looking for some random cool sounding Star Wars related term.
Invisusira

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:02 am

aureon wrote:<Arkham Asylum>, obviously.
<Hand Wavers>
<Blue Is Just Better>
By the way, you cleared all nightmare? i thought that soa nightmare was currently beyond impossible due to ridicolous tuning.

We've downed normals & hard modes, as there is no benefit to mess with NM because it shares the same lock out and loot table as hard mode.

Each boss drops 2 tiers of loot. Normal drops Tionese & Columi, HM & NM Drop Columi & Rakata. NM is supposed to drop better crafting materials & patterns but we haven't seen any difference and neither has another guild whose downed a few of them.

I swear that the bugs double each time you make it harder. First boss shoots through walls, pylons randomly "freeze", council resets randomly, Soa mind traps people during transition phase on a platform you cannot get back to... last week they fixed a lot of the "scale" problems but they didn't fix many of the "bugs"

As for the guild name we decided to go with "Legion". We thought of some cool 2-3 word names but then realized SWTOR's /who doesn't support more than 1 word searches.. so anyone can find out members w/ ease. :)
Shyrtandros

Postby aureon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:53 am

Shame, swtor! =P
ohwell, we nearly cleared hard too (or so they told me, i had to skip last week due to exams, so haven't seen karagga's hard) - NM is a challenge mode, though. Strange you didn't attempt it, since hard is cleared.
aureon

Return to Arkham Asylum