Which trinket combos for Dragon Soul?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

Re: Which trinket combos for Dragon Soul?

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:48 pm

But ... but they said resistance fights were a thing of the past! They promised!

That being said, I'm going to have to dig around and see how much of DS damage is resistable.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:43 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:But ... but they said resistance fights were a thing of the past! They promised!

That being said, I'm going to have to dig around and see how much of DS damage is resistable.

Yor'shaj. Zon'ozz. Not Hagara or Morkchop. That's all the heroics I've gotten down - I wouldn't really expect that Ultraxion will reward Fang use. But it's funny to be using a Wrath trinket and a TB trinket on T13H bosses.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeremoot » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Meloree wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:But ... but they said resistance fights were a thing of the past! They promised!

Yor'shaj. Zon'ozz. Not Hagara or Morkchop. That's all the heroics I've gotten down - I wouldn't really expect that Ultraxion will reward Fang use. But it's funny to be using a Wrath trinket and a TB trinket on T13H bosses.

You guys have been a little slower this expansion it seems.

I remember when realm first messages would go off a few weeks after patches and we'd all go, "Hey, look what Edge did!" Or being the only guild on the realm to have a heroic boss down for the entirety of an expansion. [cough]LK[/cough]
Jeremoot

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:19 am

After clearing the Madness of Deathwing fight on 10man normal, I agree that Stay of Execution might be strongest Mastery/Dodge trinket because of On-Use ability, assuming you can maintain CTC with reforging and gemming. I remember a few times during the Madness fight wishing I had one more button I could click and I can only imagine that Heroic modes will have more such "Oh-Crap" moments. I ran Firelands with SoE and a 378 Mastery trinket and loved it for Heroic Domo "burning orb with fire kitties everywhere" phase.

Here is another way to think about Stay of Execution. It's 56980 damage absorb is a version of Divine Protection good for 285k incoming damage.

I support this message. I absolutely love Stay for the reason stated it is divine protection for 285,000 damage that last 30 seconds so you aren't ever wasting it combining it with other CD's either. On top of that the stats are very good. I have always been an avoidance whore and I currently use 2 mastery trinkets with them reforged to avoidance. ( prob have a better reforge option), but I'm sitting right at 102.4 with elixirs/food buff, strength of earth/kings. The second mastery trinket that I'm using is the dodge one love the on use and only 1.5 minute CD!!!

I'm thinking that I will switch that out on use dodge trinket for indomitable pride or TB trinket ( haven't really decided yet). None of these nitpicky things really matter to much until I even pretend to stress over doing a heroic mode. Thinking the only fight I'd want TB trinket for is prob yorsajj. I'd just reforge the avoidance off of stay of execution whenever I use indomitable. Also While I realize tetanus is what does the major damage on Heroic mode I feel like the guy from karate kid when I say this, a monster can't hit he can't stack tetanus. The on use dodge is nice for when your actually solo tanking normal mode and couldn't hurt to use every time you taunted off the tank that gets impale.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:08 am

Meloree wrote:But it's funny to be using a Wrath trinket and a TB trinket on T13H bosses.

I was using TF on adds for h.LK before they nerfed it :D

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:I absolutely love Stay for the reason stated it is divine protection for 285,000 damage that last 30 seconds so you aren't ever wasting it combining it with other CD's either.

I've always been a big fan of the Stay, and reworked all my gear this morning to replace the h.Scales when some log browsing suggested that I'm really bad about actually using the damn thing. Cost me some stam and some hit, but having another CD seems like a worthwhile tradeoff.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Cowmmunion » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:10 am

You could try macroing the scales with your WOG, except make sure they are before the WOG (because they wouldn't apply the shield from overheals that WOG does).
Cowmmunion

Postby Treck » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:12 am

TB trinket is usefull on 2out of 8 bosses.
Altho fang would really only be worth it on yorsaj, using it on zonozz who deals quite a lot of meele dmg aswell would not really benefit the raid imo.
Soulshifters is pretty crap, but sure a lot of stamina if you dont have a sta trinket allready (or using 2)
Stay is great for a couple of bosses, but mainly Madness, id take Pride+spidersilk over stay on most other fights tho.
Pride is a pretty solid trinket, lots of sta, a bit weird procc but not useless, better than soulshifters since its procc IS useless.
Alternative is scales with its heal, i guess it comes down to a bit of personal preferance, but Pride does give more sta.
Eternal flame isnt bad either, but you should have to much mastery to be using 2x mastery trinkets, and id take spidersilk over Eternal flame for progress atleast (exception maybe ultraxion)

Trinkets are trinkets, they are not like any other piece of gear, as they are always a bit unique with their special abilities, something that makes them pretty fun to play around with, and theres not always a solid winner or loser between them, its more up to personal preferance.
Treck

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Cowmmunion wrote:You could try macroing the scales with your WOG, except make sure they are before the WOG (because they wouldn't apply the shield from overheals that WOG does).

I did; I just haven't been using it very often on farm content. I may swap it back when we start hitting progression again (we're pretty lazy), but even then, I suspect I may still prefer the pre-emptive CD of Stay.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Valour » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:02 pm

I've been using Heroic Pride + Heroic Spindle for the majority of heroics (except for BH trinket on Yor'sahj) and it's worked out pretty well. Not sure if I'm going to make any changes in the future... I've been meaning to give Stay of Execution a try but I've been too lazy honestly, and I never got my heroic Scales so I'm not sure I'll be going for that.

Either way though, H Pride + H Spindle has been great overall and seems like a very safe choice for a generic trinket loadout for this tier :D
Heroic Boss Kill Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ValourWoW
Valour

Postby Pyrena » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Got my Indomitable Pride(397) today and want to replace either the Alchemist Stone or Fire of the Deep.
What made me suspicious is the fact that it would be more beneficial to exchange Fire of the Deep instead of the Alchemist Stone for the best Stamina/Master ratio.

Indomitable Pride
687 Stamina

Alchemist Stone
440 Stamina
213 Mastery
=> ~1.2 Stamina/Mastery

Fire of the Deep
458 Mastery
=> ~1.5 Stamina/Mastery

Is the Alchemist Stone really that great or did I just make a stupid mistake?

Thanks in advance.
Pyrena

Postby Cowmmunion » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:25 am

Assuming an Epic gem, I get the Alchemist stone at around 516 itemization points [ignoring the useless socket bonus], vs the 458 of the Fire of the Deep. Is the on-use dodge proc worth 58 itemization points to you? Indomitable Pride is also worth 458 itemization points, but to me that proc is so much more valuable then fire of the deep.
Cowmmunion

Postby Pyrena » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:38 am

So, to put it in a nutshell, the Alchemist Stone is one of the best trinkets available if you are an alchemist?
I think I'm going to run with Stone/Pride then, as I generally dislike clicky trinkets unless their on-use is really great.
Pyrena

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice